Shoutbox

Problem adding Contacts - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Problem adding Contacts (/showthread.php?tid=67436)

Problem adding Contacts by mattburnsey on 10-18-2006 at 04:55 AM

Alright, I haven't had this problem before I downloaded messenger plus live.  I'm not saying it's causing it, I'm just saying it'd be quite a coincidence if it wasn't. 

Every time I add someone as a contact I have some kind of problem.  Either they can't add me, or we won't see each other online when we are, in fact, online.  And every time I add someone or they add me I never can add them to my contact list.  It says "To add them to your contact list click here" and nothing happens when I click.  Because of this I can never see when they're online.

Help please!

RE: Problem adding Contacts by user27089 on 10-18-2006 at 06:56 AM

Doesn't sound like an issue that would be easily resolved by anybody on this forums, it sounds like more of a problem with the server you're connecting to if I'm honest.

I would try speaking to MSN support (at the official Microsoft address) to see what the problem is, they'll probably be able to resolve it, they are afterall experts on most matters like these.

RE: Problem adding Contacts by haydos on 10-18-2006 at 05:52 PM

You may want to check out this thread, which seems to have a similar problem with the contacts not showing online (there's also a solution posted in the thread).

RE: Problem adding Contacts by mattburnsey on 10-18-2006 at 06:22 PM

Thank you so much!  I used the registry file he posted and it did the trick!