Shoutbox

sign in automatically - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: sign in automatically (/showthread.php?tid=67444)

sign in automatically by Jimbo on 10-18-2006 at 02:46 PM

When i click the 'sign me in automatically box' is it meant to automatically sign me in when i connect to the internet because it doesn't. all it does is put my account details in the rightclick box that comes up(see attachment)
[Image: attachment.php?pid=743617]
Is there anyway to make it sign me in automatically when i connect to the internet?

RE: sign in automatically by Eljay on 10-18-2006 at 02:48 PM

Go to Tools > Options > General and ensure "Allow automatic sign in when connected to the Internet" is checked.

RE: sign in automatically by Jimbo on 10-18-2006 at 02:54 PM

ok, thanks, that works

RE: sign in automatically by CookieRevised on 10-18-2006 at 02:56 PM

The 'sign me in automatically' box is meant for automatically signing in when Messenger starts.

RE: sign in automatically by Jimbo on 10-18-2006 at 02:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
The 'sign me in automatically' box is meant for automatically signing in when Messenger starts.
oh ok, but even when i have that ticked, it doesn't sign in when messenger starts
RE: sign in automatically by CookieRevised on 10-18-2006 at 04:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JimboDude
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
oh ok, but even when i have that ticked, it doesn't sign in when messenger starts
Sorry, didn't make myself clear...

It works in conjunction with the other main options you'll find in Tools > Options > General > Sign In. With that "sign me in automatically box" you define which account you want to use* to sign you in automatically if messenger starts and/or if a internet connection is made. Thus those need to be defined in the Messenger Options; if you didn't selected anything there, the option box wont do anything either).

*That's also the reason why you can only tick that box for 1 account.