Shoutbox

[request] LaTeX script - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [request] LaTeX script (/showthread.php?tid=67457)

RE: What scripts can't do. by potensialdeveloper on 10-18-2006 at 06:13 PM

Could one develop a script to display LaTeX in MSN? And if so, would both clients (both the sending and the recieving) be required to have LaTeX and the script installed? Or just LaTeX?

</noob>

RE: RE: What scripts can't do. by J-Thread on 10-18-2006 at 07:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
This isn't a thread to request scripts, wtf is LaTeX?

:-s You don't know LaTeX??

Anyway, I am still pushing MS to integrate LaTeX into WLM, but they just don't do it:(. You can use Math Pastebin, I made that a while ago, it uses MimeTeX instead of LaTeX, but you can probably do most things you want to do.
RE: What scripts can't do. by CookieRevised on 10-19-2006 at 12:09 AM

It is possible to make this as a script, but it is waaaay too much work for something like that, especially since there is a very good Messenger Activity available for putting in advanced formulas, called "Math Pastebin":

http://gallery.live.com/LiveItemDetail.aspx?li=fc...-8fd2-6bae407f1de3

It doesn't require anything special...

--

PS: all this has been reported for splitting as this is not a feature request thread or thread to ask for a certain script. This thread was made to make clear that script aren't the "can do everything including making world piece"-tools. Although you can make advanced scripts, they have their restrictions too... ...splitted

RE: [request] LaTeX script by chompas on 10-20-2006 at 12:35 AM

I was thinking in asking a Script for this but I just tried Math Pastebin activity and it works very nice. I have a question about that.
Is there a way to add the activity to the messenger window? Or I have to go to the page (using IE only btw) and launch it?

RE: [request] LaTeX script by J-Thread on 10-20-2006 at 08:56 AM

Use the Activity Launcher Script;)