Shoutbox

What sacrifices do we have to make? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: What sacrifices do we have to make? (/showthread.php?tid=67495)

What sacrifices do we have to make? by flanders56 on 10-20-2006 at 10:06 AM

what sacrafices do we have to make in todays modern society, although we can reflect on historical sacrafices or extreme sacrafices where people today perform human sacrifice, in the context of religious ritual, although this often only occurs in some traditional religions, for example in muti killings in eastern Africa. But what other social/religious/other sacrafices do WE have to make in a day to day civilisation.

RE: What sacrifices do we have to make? by FrozenDaggers on 10-20-2006 at 09:35 PM

Depends what you'd consider a sacrafice...

In religious terms there are many 'sacrafices' people have to make. Some religions like their members to remove themselves from society, but to them, it might not seem like a sarcafice as they believe they're doing it for the good of themselves because they believe in God and stuff. lol.

If you mean general sacrafices then I have to sacrifice my TIME to go to work and earn money to go out, but in the long run, I have not time left to go out. :P

RE: RE: What sacrifices do we have to make? by FrozenDaggers on 10-20-2006 at 09:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Puniksem
We are sacrificing TV - Pub & Nookie time to reply to these message threads! LOL

Holy crap there goes another set of film credits!

Surely there are more interesting things to do other than go to the pub and watch tv?
RE: What sacrifices do we have to make? by Steven on 10-20-2006 at 10:02 PM

Maybe put a little more effort into things rather than rushing them to get the work of your back? VAlspy you know what im talking about ;)

RE: What sacrifices do we have to make? by Voldemort on 10-20-2006 at 10:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Steven
Maybe put a little more effort into things rather than rushing them to get the work of your back? VAlspy you know what im talking about

how is this related to the thread?

RE: What sacrifices do we have to make? by Steven on 10-20-2006 at 10:04 PM

Well that is a sacrifice if you think about it....8-)

RE: What sacrifices do we have to make? by FrozenDaggers on 10-20-2006 at 10:05 PM

I think I'd sacrafice anything/everything for my family and friends.

RE: What sacrifices do we have to make? by Supersonicdarky on 10-20-2006 at 10:33 PM

i would sacrifice going to these forums for $200... 8-)

RE: What sacrifices do we have to make? by flanders56 on 10-21-2006 at 08:19 AM

hehe $50 would do me fine :P

RE: What sacrifices do we have to make? by Underlord on 10-21-2006 at 10:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
i would sacrifice going to these forums for $200... 8-)
I can see your dedication...