Shoutbox

new .pif virus? says .jpg in url, redirect to .pif - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: new .pif virus? says .jpg in url, redirect to .pif (/showthread.php?tid=67508)

new .pif virus? says .jpg in url, redirect to .pif by M73A on 10-20-2006 at 06:26 PM

quote:
is that u on that photo   hxxp://.../pictures.php?photo656.jpg

sends you to a .pif file..... sneaky!
RE: new .pif virus? says .jpg in url, redirect to .pif by alexp2_ad on 10-20-2006 at 06:34 PM

I'm amazed they only just figured out they could do that. 8-)

RE: new .pif virus? says .jpg in url, redirect to .pif by Felu on 10-20-2006 at 06:36 PM

hxxp :/. And don't give links out in public [Image: msn_tongue.gif].

RE: RE: new .pif virus? says .jpg in url, redirect to .pif by alexp2_ad on 10-20-2006 at 06:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -!Felu!-

He put the hxxp so people didn't accidentally go to the URL.
RE: new .pif virus? says .jpg in url, redirect to .pif by M73A on 10-20-2006 at 06:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by alexp2_ad

exactly:P

is there a fix for this? a few of my contacts have got it and have asked how do they remove it?

thanks

RE: new .pif virus? says .jpg in url, redirect to .pif by absorbation on 10-20-2006 at 06:58 PM

Can you explain the virus a little more. I want to write about it :P

RE: new .pif virus? says .jpg in url, redirect to .pif by user27089 on 10-20-2006 at 07:02 PM

It's basically the same as w32.brop as far as I know.

RE: new .pif virus? says .jpg in url, redirect to .pif by absorbation on 10-20-2006 at 07:03 PM

Bropia has made a return :O

RE: RE: new .pif virus? says .jpg in url, redirect to .pif by alexp2_ad on 10-20-2006 at 07:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
Bropia has made a return :O

Clearly it took them a couple months to code that php file. :P

EDIT:  And they didn't even set up a htaccess rewrite to get rid of the php in the file name... these guys suck.
RE: new .pif virus? says .jpg in url, redirect to .pif by user27089 on 10-20-2006 at 07:07 PM

quote:
Clearly it took them a couple months to code that php file. :P

EDIT:  And they didn't even set up a htaccess rewrite to get rid of the php in the file name... these guys suck.

It's probably some 12 year olds showing off to their friends that they learnt a bit of php, that's the only reason that somebody would create a virus, it's just lame.
RE: new .pif virus? says .jpg in url, redirect to .pif by absorbation on 10-20-2006 at 07:11 PM

Bropia has got to be one of the most practical joke viruses ever! It was so annoying for it's victims, hard to remove and basically ruined your computer experience. It was pretty much the cause of the blocked extensions feature in MSN Messenger 7.0 :P

It was well wrote in terms of viruses, it spreads like fire.

Edit: A quick post

RE: RE: RE: new .pif virus? says .jpg in url, redirect to .pif by skyserpent on 10-20-2006 at 07:28 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by -!Felu!-

try and use either ad-aware (free version) or spybot s&d
RE: new .pif virus? says .jpg in url, redirect to .pif by hosey on 10-22-2006 at 08:21 AM

i just got that from me cuz coz i didnt read it and just clicked it :(

:( it was some trogans(2) :( i shouldve write them down here b4 i continued iwht da scan with nortan gunna do spyware scans and all that after but other wise it is a bad virus