Shoutbox

WLMail Desktop PLUS? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: WLMail Desktop PLUS? (/showthread.php?tid=67529)

WLMail Desktop PLUS? by comrademaximus on 10-21-2006 at 02:39 PM

i was thinking seen as this program is heavily interlinked with WLMessenger why not have a plus version of this. i really want to be able 2 use my google calendar in WLMail Desktop

RE: WLMail Desktop PLUS? by vaccination on 10-21-2006 at 02:47 PM

I doubt this will be made. I don't think Patchou really has enough time to make that and MP! I would think it would be a big job for one man and not enough of a demand, also they are just too different IMO.

RE: WLMail Desktop PLUS? by comrademaximus on 10-21-2006 at 03:02 PM

yeah i accept that, i dont expect it to be just a simple changing of code, it'd be a whole new project, but it would be nice to have just a general 'plus live' family of products to complement Messenger plus live

RE: WLMail Desktop PLUS? by vaccination on 10-21-2006 at 04:14 PM

Yeah it'd be nice, but i think either Patchou would need to clone himself or employ people. And i would imagine neither of these would happen.

He is simply too busy to start a second project of that size, it is alot of work to keep MP! so great and to make a similar addon would be too much to ask i think.

(And TBH i'm not sure if it would be possible to do(although i'm most likely wrong) and what features would it have?)

RE: WLMail Desktop PLUS? by RaceProUK on 10-22-2006 at 10:16 PM

WLMDesktop doesn't expose any interfaces or type libraries, so hooking into it will be a real challenge. So much more so than with Messenger.