Shoutbox

cant sign in :( - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: cant sign in :( (/showthread.php?tid=67618)

cant sign in :( by Dr_X_nemesis on 10-24-2006 at 11:08 AM

i'm haveing a problem :( whenever i try to sign in to windows live messenger the two buddies just keep spinning for eternity :( story below:

ok. some people were trying to change the message below my display name to stop them i used the boss protection, to hide all the windows etc. the thing is, i forgot to open them back up before i turned off the computer...

now it's locked, and i cant un-lock it without logging back in. but it wont let me do that >.< all that happens when i try to log in is the buddies keep spinning for eternity. i left them for 8-9 hours at last count, never a change...

things i have tried: restarting the computer, uninstalling and re-installing MSN, and the help in the links posted by Zahid. none of them worked :/

some other random info: anybody else can log into this computer, it only happens to me. i cannot acess my email from this computer. oh and someone suggested "ctrl+enter" no idea what it was meant to do but nothing happend ^.^

8-|
~X~

RE: cant sign in :( by Felu on 10-24-2006 at 11:25 AM

CookieRevised's reply to Contacts problem
^^ I Think you have tried that before but just to reconfirm try those again. Also have a look @ -!Felu!-'s reply to Problems loging in

RE: cant sign in :( by Sunshine on 10-24-2006 at 11:28 AM

1. Hit "run" in the start menu
2. Type "regedit"
3.  Open "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft"
4. Delete the folder called MSN Messenger
5. After this MSN Messenger Live will login as normal.

or...

If you're not comfortable editing the registry, you can run this small reg. file posted by Jonathan Kay [MVP] which does the same thing as posted above:
Remove Messenger Settings

RE: cant sign in :( by Dr_X_nemesis on 10-24-2006 at 11:34 AM

^tried that... twice diddn't work. i'll try agin but i'm not holding my breath...

RE: cant sign in :( by Felu on 10-24-2006 at 11:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dr_X_nemesis
some other random info: anybody else can log into this computer, it only happens to me. i cannot acess my email from this computer. oh and someone suggested "ctrl+enter" no idea what it was meant to do but nothing happend ^.^
Delete your user A/C. Make a new one and try again 8-).

Also, i hope you have administrative rights. Try confirming it also see that no software is blocking you from any access to your email.