Shoutbox

can i use MP to see contacts "appeared offline"? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: can i use MP to see contacts "appeared offline"? (/showthread.php?tid=67620)

can i use MP to see contacts "appeared offline"? by woqpalsk on 10-24-2006 at 11:28 AM

is that possible? cheers

RE: can i use MP to see contacts "appeared offline"? by Zahid™ on 10-24-2006 at 11:28 AM

No, thats whole point of appearing offline so no-one else can see that you're online.

RE: can i use MP to see contacts "appeared offline"? by NiteMare on 10-24-2006 at 01:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Zahid™
No, thats whole point of appearing offline so no-one else can see that you're online.
alittle more information is: no its not possable with ANY program, as the MSN/WLM servers do not allow this
RE: can i use MP to see contacts "appeared offline"? by twister87 on 11-04-2006 at 09:05 AM

There's a bug that my friend exploits in plus for live messenger - individual contact sounds appear to still sound even if they log in as appear offline, or even blocked - I could see one of my contacts online and my friend said "hey, he must've signed in appear offline cos my sound went off".

I don't like this, it's a bit of an invasion of privacy.

RE: can i use MP to see contacts "appeared offline"? by CookieRevised on 11-12-2006 at 02:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by twister87
There's a bug that my friend exploits in plus for live messenger
Note that this is not a bug in Messenger Plus!... This is a bug in the Messenger protocol itself.

Messenger Plus! just reacts on what it recieves from Messenger...

quote:
Originally posted by twister87
don't like this, it's a bit of an invasion of privacy.
indeed. You can complain/report about this to the Messenger team:
http://feedback.live.com/eform.aspx?productkey=wlmessenger > A privacy issue > This is something I don't like