Shoutbox

DVD Burning Software? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: DVD Burning Software? (/showthread.php?tid=67626)

DVD Burning Software? by WaqasTariq on 10-24-2006 at 12:02 PM

Hello,

I have been using NERO-7 Premium which came with my ASUS DVD burner for a while now, I was wondering if there is anything better than NERO-7 available??? BURN/COPY DVD's/CD's

Also how about a DVD Movie player, I have 'CyberLink PowerDVD' and other with good results, I have tried playing DVD movied through WMP but the results arent very good on it :(

RE: RE: DVD Burning Software? by WaqasTariq on 10-24-2006 at 12:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Puniksem
I have found that all the players I use including Nero's built-in player displays images much clearer with a more extensive video output adjustment

Hmm I coudnlt find the Nero Player, where do they put it (:S)

Oh I remeber the Nero player is a rebundled copy (I dont know what to say) of 'CyberLink Power DVD'

quote:
Originally posted by Puniksem
since installing the latest DivX codec software.

Where to get the latest codecs? I have the the K-Lite codec package, I dont know if its the latest
RE: DVD Burning Software? by Hank on 10-24-2006 at 12:41 PM

there's always Roxio CD/DVD Recording 8 which i believe is a bit better than Nero as in features an shortcuts, @ Roxio CD/DvD Burning   & IMageBurn which is Free ( google that )

RE: RE: RE: DVD Burning Software? by rav0 on 10-25-2006 at 07:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by waqastariq
Hmm I coudnlt find the Nero Player, where do they put it (:S)
It's called Nero ShowTime. In the latest versions, it's in the Play folder of the Nero folder in (All) Programs on the Start Menu.

quote:
Oh I remeber the Nero player is a rebundled copy (I dont know what to say) of 'CyberLink Power DVD'
Do you mean a rebranded copy? I don't think that it is.

quote:
Where to get the latest codecs? I have the the K-Lite codec package, I dont know if its the latest
Codec packs are bullshit. You can get DivX at DivX.com. I'd just get XviD though.
RE: DVD Burning Software? by linx05 on 10-25-2006 at 10:23 AM

To burn DVDs, definately ImgBurn. Created by LIGHTNING UK! who created the late DVD Decrypter.

To play DVDs I just use MPC, but I rarely watch DVDs on my computer unless it is to test the one I am authoring.

RE: DVD Burning Software? by Nagamasa on 10-27-2006 at 01:34 PM

quote:

In LG DVD burners, CyberLink Power DVD and Nero 6 (or 7; I forget) are bundled together on a CD. Nero player is part of nero 6 and 7.