Shoutbox

VISTA...what do you think? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: VISTA...what do you think? (/showthread.php?tid=67646)

VISTA...what do you think? by Ptoye on 10-24-2006 at 06:11 PM

hey

i was just on pc world and found a very hidden link to a pre-order and price page 4 vista.....it came up with home basic being about 154 i think..and home preimum at about 185 and business at 250...ultimate at 320( all prices in £ sterling).   do any of uz all ready  know this or..am i just rly slow :P.

whats do uz think bout vista up and coming.

i recon that in march or april ill upgrade only when i get a pc computer. ime seriously looking forward to flip 3D!!

post your coment

Cheer

RE: VISTA...what do yu think? by MC Inferno on 10-24-2006 at 06:26 PM

Can we have another option for "When its released and find a cracked version for free?"

I know we don't support cracked stuff on here, but lets not we* do it.

*Edit: we - some of us

RE: VISTA...what do yu think? by Kenji on 10-24-2006 at 07:00 PM

get the "i already have it" option.

I already have it. it is teh best, no matter what people say. :zippy:

RE: VISTA...what do yu think? by Oxy on 10-24-2006 at 08:27 PM

Only when i have to. I find windows xp much reliable and think vista will just overload things a bit.. maybe when there's some SP's for it out then i'll get it... but untill then.. if i want the LOOK of vista, ill use a VS or get vista insiprat.:)

RE: VISTA...what do yu think? by ins4ne on 10-24-2006 at 08:34 PM

xp pro user. maybe one day mce. but vista? the system requirements to get it run stable are exaggerated.

edit: 512mb ram minimum. ok then no aero. 1gig minimum to have fun with vista :(. but new computer is coming. so maybe ill change my oppinion. but then ill vote for the second.

RE: VISTA...what do yu think? by ShawnZ on 10-24-2006 at 08:45 PM

why's there no option for RC2 :p

RE: VISTA...what do yu think? by ins4ne on 10-24-2006 at 08:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
RC2
link?
RE: VISTA...what do yu think? by Nathan on 10-24-2006 at 09:00 PM

*cough*Google is your friend*cough*

quote:
why's there no option for RC2 :p
I was thinking that before :<
RE: VISTA...what do you think? by Voldemort on 10-24-2006 at 09:08 PM

you nub :P rc2 was out since weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

quote:
Originally posted by ins4ne
quote:
RC2
link?

<3 weeeeeee

got rc2 to run nice here, without aero

RE: VISTA...what do you think? by Ptoye on 10-24-2006 at 09:13 PM

lucky man!

how you finding it ?

whats it like without areo! and have u got flip 3D?

pete

RE: VISTA...what do you think? by DarkMe on 10-24-2006 at 09:32 PM

Vista is fine, the only thing that i hate is that for no reason or i dunno but the thing is that i can't burn :sad:

RE: VISTA...what do you think? by Ptoye on 10-24-2006 at 09:49 PM

Very strange!....mabay its something to do with the fact that the aplicaton/program you are using is not up to date with vista security setting ect... hopefully if they program relesese a new version on there product this will get fixed and no longer be a problem!

had anyone elce found this?

also what are you using..mabay if you try WMA 11 it will work but that one is very strange!

RE: VISTA...what do you think? by Ptoye on 10-24-2006 at 09:54 PM

hey RE:No i am not going to upgrade

if you look you will see that i have..."when and only if i have to"

suppose your right about the secruity of vista although i hope from the delays this should not be as much of a problem this time round but i have to say i am very sure within the first 2 or 3 months there will be loads and loads of updates!

Pete 

RE: VISTA...what do you think? by DarkMe on 10-24-2006 at 10:00 PM

K, the things i like of vista:
automatically installs drivers - whatever the devices you connect it install the drivers automatically
windows aero - transparence in windows yeehh (h)

things i dont like:
user control - for every exe file you execute the system asks for a permission
program compatibility - some programs are still uncompatible wiht vista :sad:

RE: VISTA...what do you think? by Ptoye on 10-24-2006 at 10:06 PM

fair comment

Correct me if i am wrong but as yet i have still not seen a program in a shop with the requirements for OS yet to say xp,vista or xp and up! windows live messenger plus seems to have it but not much elce i have seen does!

tell me what you think?

Cheers

Pete

RE: VISTA...what do you think? by Nathan on 10-24-2006 at 10:08 PM

Erm,
I have to correct you there :P
My laptop came with a sticker saying:
"Designed for windows Xp
Windows Vista Capable"
So yeah

RE: VISTA...what do you think? by Ptoye on 10-24-2006 at 10:10 PM

o yeh fair enough :P i have seen that even on some scholl pc's! but programs i still havent! but good comment pointed out!!

Cheers

Pete

RE: VISTA...what do you think? by Kenji on 10-24-2006 at 10:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DarkMe
things i dont like:
user control - for every exe file you execute the system asks for a permission
program compatibility - some programs are still uncompatible wiht vista (Smilie)

User control:
[Image: useraccountsuj0.th.jpg]

Compatabilty:
[Image: compatbiltyyyyyyo3.th.jpg]

:cheesy:
RE: VISTA...what do you think? by DarkMe on 10-24-2006 at 10:16 PM

user control, yeh i've turned it off, but although i hide the icon, it still appear a pop up message saying that "your computer is in risk"
and compatibility im referring to nero, dreamweaver, flash, golive and other programs :p

RE: VISTA...what do you think? by Ptoye on 10-24-2006 at 10:18 PM

Nice!

so how does that affect the programng the ...stating the blank but would this make it run like xp....ans what would the diffrece be anywhays if it  was to run in vista mode??

also those screenshots are nice BTW!!!

cheers

Pete

RE: VISTA...what do you think? by Voldemort on 10-24-2006 at 10:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Puniksem
I will stick to my copy of Windows XP home now that it's been a whole two years since having to reboot my system, I have over 200 installed programs many of which I use frequently, and lot's of not so new hardware devices which works great on XP. I would hate to have to reboot now, seeing that I have got my PC as near as possible to 100% stability, even if Vista was a miracle cure OS!

Believe me when I say I'm not against Vista at all, I've not got the fastest of 'all singing all dancing' computers, only a humble but reliable P3 1.1Ghz.
hmmmm rebooting won't harm your computer :P

RE: VISTA...what do you think? by Ptoye on 10-24-2006 at 10:23 PM

fair point.

Your About the same as me then with the pc at p3 and 1.1 Ghz. but you must have done some serious upgrades on that eg hard drive for all the programs..i mean a p3 computer cant possible have as a big a standerd hard drive in it when you bought it years back did it?

Pete

RE: VISTA...what do you think? by Voldemort on 10-24-2006 at 11:44 PM

quote:
@Voldemort  I would hate to have to reload all that software and get everything as I have it now. as long as you maintain the registry and keep close eye on infections, a pc can go for ages without needing a clean OS reboot.
i was sort of joking, i meant that it was really reinstall instead of reboot :P
RE: VISTA...what do you think? by ddunk on 10-24-2006 at 11:45 PM

quote:
@Voldemort  I would hate to have to reload all that software and get everything as I have it now. as long as you maintain the registry and keep close eye on infections, a pc can go for ages without needing a clean OS reboot.
Err, why would you have to reload all of your software and settings if you just reboot? :/
RE: VISTA...what do you think? by Hank on 10-25-2006 at 01:22 AM

still undecided if im gonna fork out the money an buy Vista, as good as it may look you can get most those effects in linux  if not all  an more,  eye candy

RE: VISTA...what do you think? by John Anderton on 10-25-2006 at 06:24 AM

Isn't there an option "When Microsoft forces me to"?
Well ill do it when I'm bored of XP which is something i don't see coming quite soon. Mabbe by the end of 2007. You never know. One morning ill wake up and just decide to switch to vista just cause i wanted to. Either that or till XP does something that ticks me off. Until that day arrives, I'm sticking with XP :)

RE: VISTA...what do you think? by Underlord on 10-25-2006 at 09:04 AM

When the academic version is less than $100. :>

RE: VISTA...what do you think? by MeEtc on 10-25-2006 at 12:29 PM

I don't plan to

My computer isn't Vista compatible... 256MB of RAM....

RE: VISTA...what do you think? by Sunshine on 10-25-2006 at 12:42 PM

Not planning to myself, still on 512 MB RAM and there's the costs.....

But for those planning on buying a new computer, here's some interesting news:
Receive an Express Upgrade to Windows Vista when you buy a qualifying PC running Windows XP Media Center Edition, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, or Windows XP Professional

MS Adds Office 2007 to Vista Coupon Program

General and technical info:
Vista - The Editions
Windows Vista Capable and Premium Ready PCs
Windows Vista Enterprise Hardware Planning Guidance (more technical/detailed descriptions of Vista Capable and Premium Ready computers)