Shoutbox

[Release] Busy Blocker - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Release] Busy Blocker (/showthread.php?tid=67650)

[Release] Busy Blocker by pollolibredegrasa on 10-24-2006 at 08:50 PM

As per requested in this thread.

What it does:
When you set your WLM status as busy, it will automatically send a message(which can be changed) to and then block anyone who tries to talk to you. It will then unblock that contact after a certain amount of time (which can also be changed).

How to use:
First make sure the script is enabled in Plus Prefs. Then simply set your status as busy. You can customize the unblock delay and message sent to your contacts through the Options window (accesed by the Plus! icon in chat windows/contact list> Busy Blocker> Options).

Screenshot:

[Image: bbvj2.png]

Any comments/suggestions appreciated :)

RE: [Release] Busy Blocker by Steven on 10-24-2006 at 08:54 PM

Nice job. This script might make your contacts think that you are angry with them, but that is the purpose of the ability to change the message right? Im downloading as i type..

RE: [Release] Busy Blocker by Supersonicdarky on 10-24-2006 at 08:57 PM

maybe have more than 1 message because i'd rather have "i'm busy, cant talk" then if they continue "stop talking or get blocked" and "you blew it" and block them until you come online/change status

RE: [Release] Busy Blocker by Plan-1130 on 10-24-2006 at 08:59 PM

Way better and more advanced than my attempt, good job :)

RE: [Release] Busy Blocker by Nathan on 10-24-2006 at 08:59 PM

And have different status's maybe
e.g.
Out to lunch/eating lunch :P
In a call

RE: RE: [Release] Busy Blocker by pollolibredegrasa on 10-24-2006 at 10:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
maybe have more than 1 message because i'd rather have "i'm busy, cant talk" then if they continue "stop talking or get blocked" and "you blew it" and block them until you come online/change status

Shouldn't be too hard to do :)
quote:
Originally posted by Nathan
And have different status's maybe
e.g.
Out to lunch/eating lunch:P
In a call

As above, should be simple to do :P

I might attempt both of the above tomorrow if i get the time.

And a suggestion by me :P, what do people think of an "exclude" list type thing? So you can add certain contacts to this list who it will not send the message to or block...

RE: RE: RE: [Release] Busy Blocker by Supersonicdarky on 10-24-2006 at 10:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by fatfreechicken
And a suggestion by me :P, what do people think of an "exclude" list type thing? So you can add certain contacts to this list who it will not send the message to or block...

(y)
RE: [Release] Busy Blocker by Kenji on 10-24-2006 at 10:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by fatfreechicken
And a suggestion by me (Smilie), what do people think of an "exclude" list type thing? So you can add certain contacts to this list who it will not send the message to or block...
That would be a good idea, cause sometimes when im busy i still talk to some people :P
RE: [Release] Busy Blocker by qgroessl on 10-25-2006 at 03:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Puniksem

Just a small suggestion you could add to it's features, it only blocks a user if the user exceeds a preset definable message count' this would then allow one-off messages to still get through without being blocked, perhaps if nudges can be detected, a configurable counter to block repetative nudgers.

I like that...

quote:
Originally posted by Dazmatic
That would be a good idea, cause sometimes when im busy i still talk to some people

And I agree with that... but this is a very nice script... I have my MSN change me to busy when it's locked... and I'm not here... so this is nice to where it's like an away message, and yeah... Nice script :)
RE: [Release] Busy Blocker by Zayl on 11-01-2006 at 05:54 PM

Hum... nice script but it would be great if we could choose the persons ignored by this script. And I would love a notification window (with history) that says all the persons this script blocked...

RE: [Release] Busy Blocker by Ezra on 11-01-2006 at 06:35 PM

My version has these features, don't know how far fatfreechicken is with implementing these features in his version...

http://code.google.com/p/busyblocker/

RE: RE: [Release] Busy Blocker by pollolibredegrasa on 11-01-2006 at 06:41 PM

I've not started the Excluded Contacts part yet, but I've added a feature so you can set it to react on whatever status you want (instead of busy), unblock all contacts when you return your status to online, and I've also added multiple messages before blocking.

Not sure when I'll finish though, but here's a preview :p

[Image: attachment.php?pid=748803]

RE: [Release] Busy Blocker by Plan-1130 on 11-01-2006 at 07:36 PM

Maybe make a status like Not-Online or something, or select multiple statusses, just an idea :)
Great script tho :)

RE: [Release] Busy Blocker by CookieRevised on 11-02-2006 at 01:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Plan-1130
Maybe make a status like Not-Online or something, or select multiple statusses, just an idea :)
and this for both the "status to activate on", as for the "status to reset" on... ;)

--

PS: Just a note/something to always consider when implementing tags: what would happen if a user actually want to use "<n>" in his message? Or how does he need to do it? I suggest the use of the literal escaping character used in all kinds of languages: "\"...
RE: [Release] Busy Blocker by Plan-1130 on 11-02-2006 at 06:53 AM

indeed, and don't split up messages by every "'\" it finds, but find out first if a double "\\" is found (like in most languages also) so you can use "\\" if you don't want the "\" to split up the messages :)

RE: [Release] Busy Blocker by CookieRevised on 11-02-2006 at 10:32 AM

[OFF TOPIC]

quote:
indeed, and don't split up messages by every "'\" it finds, but find out first if a double "\\" is found (like in most languages also) so you can use "\\" if you don't want the "\" to split up the messages :)
that's actually a long way around and the logic behind it can be made extemely shorter. You don't need to look for double slashes "\\" and then for single slashes at all.

All you need to do is look for a single slash "\" and treat every character (or tag in this case) after it literally. In other words a double slash autoamtcially already produce a single slash.

[/OFF TOPIC]
RE: [Release] Busy Blocker by Plan-1130 on 11-02-2006 at 04:00 PM

[offtopic]
So your suggestion is? <n> for new message and \<n> for the tag?
I thought you meant something like \n...
[/offtopic]

RE: RE: [Release] Busy Blocker by pollolibredegrasa on 11-02-2006 at 07:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
and this for both the "status to activate on", as for the "status to reset" on... ;)

Will look into it :)

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
PS: Just a note/something to always consider when implementing tags: what would happen if a user actually want to use "<n>" in his message? Or how does he need to do it? I suggest the use of the literal escaping character used in all kinds of languages: "\"

Any ideas on how i can do this? I'm not the best when it comes to scripting and I'm not sure how to do it :P. At the moment, each message is stored in an array and I'm using .split("<n>") to seperate them...

Any help appreciated :)
RE: [Release] Busy Blocker by Plan-1130 on 11-02-2006 at 09:39 PM

well you could use my way, but Cookie knows a better (and shorter) way, but i also have no idea how he wants to do that...