Shoutbox

MyReceivedFilesOrganizer - is this possible? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: MyReceivedFilesOrganizer - is this possible? (/showthread.php?tid=67704)

MyReceivedFilesOrganizer - is this possible? by ~*McoreD*~ on 10-26-2006 at 12:00 PM

Hey Guys,

Will this be possible using Scripts?

Capture a file transfer event
Get sender email address
Wait for file transfer complete
Move the file to My Received Files\sender_email_address\
undefined

If not, then will have to look in to the WLM SDK to create custom app.

Thanks,
McoreD

RE: MyReceivedFilesOrganizer - is this possible? by matty on 10-26-2006 at 12:20 PM

No there is no possible way yet.

RE: MyReceivedFilesOrganizer - is this possible? by ~*McoreD*~ on 04-23-2007 at 01:27 PM

Hi again,

Anybody using such application/add-on which does this thing?

After a file is received, automatically move file to

My Received Files\yours_friends_email@hotmail.com\2007-04-23\

RE: MyReceivedFilesOrganizer - is this possible? by markee on 04-23-2007 at 01:34 PM

I think I remember the likes of Eljay and Dempsey (might have been 2 different people though) working on a script to do this a while back, but I don't know whatever happened to it.  Maybe one of them will be able to share a little light on this project (assuming those 2 are the ones working on it).

RE: MyReceivedFilesOrganizer - is this possible? by matty on 04-23-2007 at 01:42 PM

WhoSentIt is working last I heard but wasn't ready for release. I could be wrong tho.

RE: MyReceivedFilesOrganizer - is this possible? by Eljay on 04-23-2007 at 05:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by markee
I think I remember the likes of Eljay and Dempsey (might have been 2 different people though) working on a script to do this a while back, but I don't know whatever happened to it.  Maybe one of them will be able to share a little light on this project (assuming those 2 are the ones working on it).

It was me and Dempsey yes, we haven't done much work on it for quite a while though and from what I can remember about it, it was really unreliable (i.e. occasionally not recognising when file transfers start/end etc.), I'll have a word with Dempsey later today about it assuming he is online, see if we can get the project back up and running. :P
RE: MyReceivedFilesOrganizer - is this possible? by ~*McoreD*~ on 04-23-2007 at 10:41 PM

Hi Eljay, would be really splendid if you guys can make it and running (or even have the project still active and open source :D so we all can contribute and it won't die). There is no add-on in this whole world I could find which does this.

RE: RE: MyReceivedFilesOrganizer - is this possible? by ~*McoreD*~ on 09-14-2007 at 06:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Eljay
It was me and Dempsey yes, we haven't done much work on it for quite a while though and from what I can remember about it, it was really unreliable (i.e. occasionally not recognising when file transfers start/end etc.), I'll have a word with Dempsey later today about it assuming he is online, see if we can get the project back up and running. :P

Hi Eljay, Did you get a chance to talk to Dempsey. I understand with busy life things like this gets forgotten etc. If you could make the scripts  open source i am sure a few of us will be more than willing to contribute to get this back alive.

Thanks,
McoreD
RE: MyReceivedFilesOrganizer - is this possible? by trini on 11-10-2007 at 01:28 AM

Any news about this script yet? :) It would be really useful to have, wish you guys can find the way/time to make it.
I just sorted manually my files today by contact e-mail address ,and it was a mess :d Really need the script to do it automatically.

RE: MyReceivedFilesOrganizer - is this possible? by davidpolitis on 11-10-2007 at 07:25 AM

Just make a script using OnEvent_MenuClicked since there're no Transfer Events *-)

RE: MyReceivedFilesOrganizer - is this possible? by neohunter on 11-18-2007 at 05:02 PM

why pathou dont add support to this? there is about 10 request of this feature and pathou never reply...

RE: MyReceivedFilesOrganizer - is this possible? by Dempsey on 11-18-2007 at 05:29 PM

It is currently being worked on by myself, but it won't work 100% for all people as it uses packet sniffing. 

Patchou has said he plans to add File transfer events to a future version of Messenger Plus! and then I will update the script and re-release it

RE: MyReceivedFilesOrganizer - is this possible? by Patchou on 11-18-2007 at 11:18 PM

Patchou cannot check every single posts made on this forum, sorry :p

I'll add that eventually, when I find a godo way to do it. I promise.