Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! live will not download - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus! live will not download (/showthread.php?tid=67746)

Messenger Plus! live will not download by leocouls on 10-27-2006 at 04:42 PM

[font=Tahoma][size=2][color=navy]I am really :( as when i try to download Messenger Plus! live it will not download i recently got a new computer and  i downloaded msn live but when i tried to download the plus at about 21% it said that the connectiobn with the server was ended and if i save the file and then try and run it it says
'C:/Documents and Settings\Local Settings\ Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\MHOSQ1ID\msgpluslive-401[1}.exe is not a valid Win32 application'            wat does this mean? how do i fix it?

RE: Messenger Plus! live will not download by Steven on 10-27-2006 at 04:44 PM

This probably means your internet disconnected. Since you typed this, that means you are back on, try installing it again. It means its a currupted file, and since your internet disconnected in the middle of installing it, it got corrupted. , reply if it worked ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! live will not download by leocouls on 10-27-2006 at 04:47 PM

no its not that iv stayedon the internet while trying it  i've tried it almost 20 times. iv'e looked through my files and i cannot find local settings in documents and settings could this be the problem?

RE: Messenger Plus! live will not download by MeEtc on 10-27-2006 at 04:47 PM

Go to Tools > Internet Options. Click the Delete Files button.
This will clear your browser's cache of files it has downloaded.
You can now go back to Messenger Plus Live! to download again

RE: Messenger Plus! live will not download by leocouls on 10-27-2006 at 04:58 PM

it stil wont work :( i dnt understand what it mean that its not a valid win32 application?? i tried to make a new local settings file in my documents and settings and it says theres already a file named that in my folder but there isnt :S

RE: Messenger Plus! live will not download by MeEtc on 10-27-2006 at 05:04 PM

when you go and download it, save it to disk instead of selecting run. Save it to the desktop or some other convenient place, and then run the file.

The 'not a valid win32 application' message occurs when there is a problem with the downloaded file.

You could also try downloading from a mirror at Simtel.net

RE: Messenger Plus! live will not download by leocouls on 10-27-2006 at 05:11 PM

il try that and seehwat happens iv tried saving it then running it but that still will not work :( il try download it from somewhere else thanx, any other ideas if it doesnt work?

RE: Messenger Plus! live will not download by MeEtc on 10-27-2006 at 05:16 PM

you could Search the forum

RE: Messenger Plus! live will not download by janzokris on 10-29-2006 at 11:57 AM

Was going to post a message on same topic about this problem then I found this post.
I too am having probs installing msgplus, only my connection didnt crash on download, it downloaded quite fast.
Message Im getting is:
msgpluslive-401.exe  is not a valid win32 application :@
any suggestions on how to recity this as my 13yr old daughter is telling me SHE MUST have this!!, kids heh!! :rolleyes:

Any advice please.

Janet

also new to forum so HI to all   :wave:

RE: Messenger Plus! live will not download by Sunshine on 10-29-2006 at 12:04 PM

janzokris, as said in above posts you need to clear your cache then download Plus!Live again from the official site or from a mirror.  Welcome to the forums :wave:

For those using a downloadmanager: turn that off..it is known to corrupt exe files (it is good for downloading pictures tho).

I also have Plus!3 and Plus!Live on my website on files page, just choose "local" after you clicked the download button (main is Plus! site, local is my own).

RE: Messenger Plus! live will not download by janzokris on 10-30-2006 at 11:39 AM

Thanks sunshine got it, thou to be honest I really hate having it on my pc :@
I dont use msn myself but my daughter uses it to talk to her mates so she has to have this program to make her name look pretty!! teenagers!! try your nerves

RE: Messenger Plus! live will not download by Sunshine on 10-30-2006 at 11:51 AM

You're welcome janzokris. :)

Just out of curiousity: what is it you dislike about it (maybe it's solvable)?

RE: Messenger Plus! live will not download by janzokris on 12-10-2006 at 03:10 PM

Sunshine nothing in particular I dislike about it,
i dont really use messanger at all now, im usually to busy to talk online, well I dont really get online much now, kids are on more these days doing homeworks etc etc.... it keeps them happy

RE: Messenger Plus! live will not download by elektra on 12-10-2006 at 03:30 PM

Download it from here.
Hope it works