Shoutbox

Windows "Vienna" - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Windows "Vienna" (/showthread.php?tid=67751)

Windows "Vienna" by Ptoye on 10-27-2006 at 06:22 PM

Hey,

I found on Wiki that "vienna" Codename Blackbomb, is to be relesed after vista in between 2009-2112.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_%22Vienna%22

It is suposed to only be a server based thing but i really dont know what they are intending on it to do! i also found that windows has said it will be using vista as a intermadiet OS.

NOTE: this is from wiki and could be junk!

WB with your thoughts and try and shed sone light on it!

Pete

RE: Windows "Vienna" by Sunshine on 10-27-2006 at 09:14 PM

http://www.msblog.org/microsoft-windows-timeline

[Image: msblogroadmap.PNG]

RE: Windows "Vienna" by Aardvark on 11-01-2006 at 08:31 AM

That's one hell of a timeline! It's good to see what Microsoft has in store for us next :) Thanks for the timeline, Sunshine

RE: Windows "Vienna" by Sunshine on 11-01-2006 at 10:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Aardvark
That's one hell of a timeline! It's good to see what Microsoft has in store for us next :) Thanks for the timeline, Sunshine
You're welcome, i stumbled on this myself not too long ago and was surprised that theres already an OS planned after Vista. :)

But read it for what it is...a timeline (estimates)...we all know how planning changes.
RE: Windows "Vienna" by rob_botch on 11-01-2006 at 12:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
we all know how planning changes

Too true! When was Vista meant to be released? Wasn't it originally 2004/5?

Looks good, though! Do you think that the greyscale Windows Logos are the next logos, or are they just used here because they haven't got a logo yet?
RE: Windows "Vienna" by Sunshine on 11-01-2006 at 05:21 PM

rob, i don't really know why they are grey there...my guess is as good as yours for that matter and my guess is they are coloured grey because they haven't really started working on those yet...(i think..but hey i'm not a Microsoft employee so i could be wrong)...

RE: Windows "Vienna" by vaccination on 11-01-2006 at 07:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
and my guess is they are coloured grey because they haven't really started working on those yet..

that was guess aswell. I would assume it is saying they haven't started it yet and stuff.

Also i can't see why they would change the windows logo from a coloured one to a greyscale one.
RE: Windows "Vienna" by fluffy_lobster on 11-02-2006 at 08:24 PM

The XP logo is different to the Vista logo as you can see from the timeline. As each timeline item uses the logo of the Windows it relates to, a greyscale one is used for Vienna to show that there's no logo yet and it's not Vista or XP. No doubt it will be equally similar to the current ones, with a superficial and pointless update.