Shoutbox

Nudge! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Nudge! (/showthread.php?tid=67756)

Nudge! by Jademalo on 10-27-2006 at 07:28 PM

Is there a script that will allow you to send unlimited nudges?

RE: Nudge! by Zahid™ on 10-27-2006 at 07:32 PM

Yes you can use a patch like Mess Patch or A-Patch,
A-Patch -> http://www.apatch.org
Mess Patch -> http://www.mess.be search their downloads for Mess Patch and get the one for you messenger version.

RE: Nudge! by Plan-1130 on 10-27-2006 at 08:38 PM

those are not scripts, and they are illegal. if a script would hook and change the values, it would be perfectly legal...

RE: RE: Nudge! by Supersonicdarky on 10-27-2006 at 09:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Plan-1130
those are not scripts, and they are illegal. if a script would hook and change the values, it would be perfectly legal...

no one really cares about that, you say it like its a bad thing. it doesnt hurt anyone so you are free to use them ;)

microsoft has more important things to worry about then some people patching a wlm
RE: Nudge! by Spunky on 10-27-2006 at 09:27 PM

Hmmm. I'm sure MS would take legal action if they were "illegal". I do think they violate the user agreement though.

RE: Nudge! by davidpolitis on 10-27-2006 at 10:43 PM

Yer, it is. MessengerDiscovery Live now has this feature, which I doubt would be classified as illegal because I don't think it permanently patches files. :D

RE: Nudge! by Supersonicdarky on 10-27-2006 at 11:18 PM

plus! and crappy msgdiscovery are soft patches, which patch/hook the file while its running and not actually modifying it.

they are both technically illigal but ms obviously knows about both and havent done anything, thus not caring about patches [Image: msn_wink.gif]

correct me if i'm wrong

RE: Nudge! by davidpolitis on 10-27-2006 at 11:21 PM

You kinda right, although I'm pretty sure MS care alot about actually pernamently patching Messenger coz they need to make money with advertising & also the Nudge limits are there for a reason. ;P

RE: Nudge! by Supersonicdarky on 10-27-2006 at 11:22 PM

and yet neither hard or soft patches have been forcefully removed :/

RE: Nudge! by davidpolitis on 10-27-2006 at 11:25 PM

Yer. But think about it. If Microsoft takes legal action on websites such as Mess with MSN Messenger or A-Patch, ppl will share codes & stuff to patch their Messenger by themselves.

Just don't worry about this. I'll agree with you as to not cause trouble & because no-one besides Bill Gates actually knows the answer.

RE: Nudge! by Jimbo on 10-28-2006 at 09:08 AM

Or you can use cookie's script for unlimited nudges
See http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=65...d=722072#pid722072

RE: Nudge! by Plan-1130 on 10-29-2006 at 02:04 AM

Which is, a soft patch :P
But that still doesn't brake the rules because the files are not modified... The memory is patched, nothing on your hard drive (maybe cache, but nothing noticable...)

RE: RE: Nudge! by zach on 10-29-2006 at 06:25 AM

quote:
Which is, a soft patch :P
:rolleyes: It is a MP!L script, it doesn't matter if it's actually a soft patch: it does what Jademalo wanted.

quote:
But that still doesn't brake the rules because the files are not modified... The memory is patched, nothing on your hard drive (maybe cache, but nothing noticeable...)

Nobody cares if it brakes the rules or not. You're being so nit-picky.

I'd suggest Mess Patch as you can remove the nudge limit and do a lot more useful things.
RE: Nudge! by davidpolitis on 10-29-2006 at 09:50 AM

I'd personally suggest A-Patch because I've had trouble 2 times when changing my nickname after using Mess Patch. But its probly worth a try using Mess Patch because it has some better features than A-Patch.

RE: Nudge! by Plan-1130 on 10-29-2006 at 02:19 PM

Maybe I'm being nit-picky, if you want to, but my point is, it is illegal, whether people care about it or not... And if you weren't so nit picky either you wouldn't have corrected noticeable...

RE: Nudge! by CookieRevised on 10-29-2006 at 04:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
and yet neither hard or soft patches have been forcefully removed :/
That certainly does not automatically mean it is legal!

MS does not take action because those tools are to small to take it to court. But MS surely can do something about it if they wanted; they have every right to do so and they would win too, as such hard patches ARE illegal in every aspect.

quote:
Originally posted by zach
Nobody cares if it brakes the rules or not. You're being so nit-picky.
When you suggest hard patches like MessPatch it is only correct to also mention, in that same post, that patching IS illegal.

Some people actually DO care about this.

quote:
Maybe I'm being nit-picky, if you want to, but my point is, it is illegal, whether people care about it or not...
correct

It is up to the people to decide if they want to use an illegal product or not. All we can and must do is warn them about it.
RE: Nudge! by Plan-1130 on 10-29-2006 at 07:41 PM

Now one thing you haven't mentioned, whether memory patching is illegal or not.
I mean, since you use MsgPlus, and are a big fan of it...

Also, Pathcou has been to Redmond, MSN Headquaters, to talk about MsgPlus, and afaik Patchou has survived it...
(even tho those msn-people got him to sit on some sort of a pig statue :P)

RE: Nudge! by CookieRevised on 10-30-2006 at 06:55 PM

quote:
Now one thing you haven't mentioned, whether memory patching is illegal or not.
Soft patching (=memory patching) is less illegal than hard patching. You are still modifying code, which the EULA forbids (There isn't made a difference between memory patching and file patching in the EULA).

However, since you don't modify physical files on disk it is considerd 'legal'.

But before you know what to patch you must reverse engineer the physical files. Again something the EULA forbids.

All in all, if 'legal' is white and 'illegal' is black than hard patching is black and soft patching is grey.