Shoutbox

[Unofficial Status Update]Window Designer - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Unofficial Status Update]Window Designer (/showthread.php?tid=67762)

[Unofficial Status Update]Window Designer by Baggins on 10-28-2006 at 12:15 AM

On MPscripts.net, i sent dempsey a PM about being a beta tester for the interface designer and he replyed with this:

quote:
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Originally from a private message on MPScripts.net
Re: Beta tester?

billboy1001 Wrote:

Hi, Dempsey,

Do you need any beta testers for the interface window designer?

Thanks for the offer, but we're hoping to have a public beta release out within the next month, although it could be longer, both developers are very busy atm unfortunatley.

Dempsey

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that's not a bug, thats an unexpected feature

SoundPack DB - Weird Fish - Dempsey Software
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

A PUBLIC BETA NEXT MONTH!!!!!!(Y):D(Y):DWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!!!!!

I FEEL SO ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

RE: [Unofficial Update]Window Designer by Plan-1130 on 10-28-2006 at 12:21 AM

You seem very interested in this program... :P
Well done Dempsey, that's 1 user-for-life before it's actually being released.. :P

RE: [Unofficial Status Update]Window Designer by Baggins on 10-28-2006 at 08:07 PM

Those who chose "No" must not be scripters!:D

RE: [Unofficial Status Update]Window Designer by Ezra on 10-28-2006 at 08:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by billboy1001

Maybe they just don't think it's that hard to create windows by writing the xml...

It isn't that hard, dempsey's program will just make it faster to create. I like to see it working too, but I hope he makes it correctly that it creates clean code, not like Frontpage for example does with html code :S.

But I'm sure it will be a very popular program that will make it very easy for everyone to create windows
RE: [Unofficial Status Update]Window Designer by Voldemort on 10-28-2006 at 08:44 PM

Posting PMs without permission is lame and so are you.

RE: RE: [Unofficial Status Update]Window Designer by Baggins on 10-28-2006 at 08:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra

Maybe they just don't think it's that hard to create windows by writing the xml...

It isn't that hard,
hard for me, i hate the little < and > and hitting the shift key and all the tagsand i hate xml
RE: [Unofficial Status Update]Window Designer by Nathan on 10-28-2006 at 09:05 PM

You'll never be a coder then.

RE: [Unofficial Status Update]Window Designer by Plan-1130 on 10-29-2006 at 01:59 AM

Why do it the hard way if just a little effort of someone could make it hell of a lot easier?
And why should every coder looooove all those < and > things? For some coders it's easy because they've worked with HTML or XML a lot, but that doesn't mean that a JScripter should adore writing tags.

My scripts don't have windows because I think it would take too long to make them...

Btw, why would microsoft create drag and drop form creators in Visual Studio if you can create those bloody objects yourself by just coding?! Trust me, they did that with a reason...

RE: [Unofficial Status Update]Window Designer by Spunky on 10-29-2006 at 03:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Plan-1130
And why should every coder looooove all those < and > things? For some coders it's easy because they've worked with HTML or XML a lot, but that doesn't mean that a JScripter should adore writing tags.

There aren't tags in JScript... just functions and calls etc... You sure you made those scripts yourself? :refuck:

RE: [Unofficial Status Update]Window Designer by Plan-1130 on 10-29-2006 at 03:41 PM

I tried to make it clear there is a big difference between JScript (functions, onjects, methods, properties, variables etc...) and XML/HTML (tags etc...)

In fact it says: For some coders it's easy, but a JScripter does not have to adore those tags...

And yeh, fuck you too, I did make those scripts myself!

RE: [Unofficial Status Update]Window Designer by absorbation on 10-29-2006 at 03:48 PM

Next month did Dempsey say? I'll take that as November 215th :P

RE: [Unofficial Status Update]Window Designer by Dempsey on 10-29-2006 at 03:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
Cheeky :P  Are you trying to say I'm no good at sticking to my deadlines :p
RE: RE: [Unofficial Status Update]Window Designer by Baggins on 10-29-2006 at 04:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
quote:

i hope you don't mind that i posted this, i was just so excited:D
RE: [Unofficial Status Update]Window Designer by absorbation on 10-29-2006 at 06:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
quote:

Yeh you have been meaning to give me money for months now :zippy:
RE: [Unofficial Status Update]Window Designer by NanaFreak on 10-29-2006 at 09:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by billboy1001
I am a pretty good scripter (only for msgplus scripts) if I say so myself.... and "no" i dont need this tool (sowwie dempsey <3 ) because i am able to make windows pretty quick.... and i did have a early stage of this like 2 months ago and at that stage it wasnt a good tool for me but for some of you, you might like it....

edit: I thought while I was at school that i would use it a lot just making like 5 a day or more so that i could i could help out with the beta :cheesy:
RE: [Unofficial Status Update]Window Designer by Stigmata on 10-30-2006 at 12:13 AM

bah ive used it while it was in development stages

it works, does the job

thumbs up