Shoutbox

Realtime COnversation - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Realtime COnversation (/showthread.php?tid=67784)

Realtime COnversation by 03myersd on 10-28-2006 at 03:59 PM

I amn't sure if this is possible. It almost definately would not be if both users did not use the script. But is there anyway you could have a script where you could see what your contact was writing as he/she was writing it and vice versa? As in you would see them type each individual letter. but not like:

contact says:
h
contact says:
e
contact says:
l
contact says:
l
contact says:
o

Thanks in advance!

RE: Realtime COnversation by kao on 10-28-2006 at 04:01 PM

ask them to press enter each time they type a letter and turn off the option 'show "contact says:" before every message'

edit: and to be useful to you - no, i don't think this would be possible.

RE: RE: Realtime COnversation by 03myersd on 10-28-2006 at 04:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kao
ask them to press enter each time they type a letter and turn off the option 'show "contact says:" before every message'

Thanks for replying so quickly but i think it would kind of defeat the purpose. It was really to make things easier and look cooler. Lol. Pressing enter every time would get annoying. Thanks anyway though.
RE: Realtime COnversation by andrey on 10-28-2006 at 04:29 PM

Did I understand you correctly, you want to see what your contact is writing as he's typing it?
If that's what you want I'm afraid it's not possible, you can't see what the other user is typing before he presses Enter.

Also, such a script could always be misused to invade others privacy.

RE: Realtime COnversation by 03myersd on 10-28-2006 at 04:38 PM

Yeah thats exactly what I want. Could it not be done if my contact was using the script also? I don't care if its for everyone or not. Its really only one in specific i want it for. Thanks!

RE: Realtime COnversation by Jimbo on 10-28-2006 at 04:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by 03myersd
Yeah thats exactly what I want. Could it not be done if my contact was using the script also? I don't care if its for everyone or not. Its really only one in specific i want it for. Thanks!
It could be done, but no one will do for the reason that andrey said so unless you code it yourself, if won't be made.

RE: Realtime COnversation by 03myersd on 10-28-2006 at 07:14 PM

Oh well. I wont be able to do it my self as i have no idea how to go about it. I will probably find a friend willing to help tho. Thanks for your help. Really appreciate it. Thanks!

RE: Realtime COnversation by Joakin on 10-28-2006 at 07:22 PM

I have been made an a script in IRC like that. xD in the past.

RE: Realtime COnversation by Baggins on 10-28-2006 at 07:54 PM

use DOS "talk" program :D