Shoutbox

Need some Javascript - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Need some Javascript (/showthread.php?tid=67872)

Need some Javascript by Jimbo on 10-30-2006 at 06:57 PM

can somone make me some code that opens a window when someone goes to my site and asks for their name. and then sends all results to  a certain email address? is that possible?

RE: Need some Javascript by Jimbo on 10-30-2006 at 06:59 PM

No, just to send the names(and maybe the time and day they were entered) to a certain email address.

RE: Need some Javascript by absorbation on 10-30-2006 at 07:27 PM

With javascript, no. There is mail function I am aware of. But if your server supports PHP you can create a small and simple script with PHP, I'll even make it for you :)

RE: Need some Javascript by Jimbo on 10-30-2006 at 07:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
With javascript, no. There is mail function I am aware of. But if your server supports PHP you can create a small and simple script with PHP, I'll even make it for you :)
i don't think piczo supports php.
@punkisem: Thanks for your effort, but it wont send the email will it. asorbation just said this isn't possible so thanks anyway

RE: Need some Javascript by MC Inferno on 10-30-2006 at 07:53 PM

I was just wondering why you needed it Jimbo. Is it so you can find out who of your friends has gone to your site? If it, thats a brillant idea lol

RE: Need some Javascript by Jimbo on 10-30-2006 at 07:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MC Inferno
I was just wondering why you needed it Jimbo. Is it so you can find out who of your friends has gone to your site? If it, thats a brillant idea lol
yes it is
@Punkisem could you do it with javascript, if you could that would be really cool. Thanks

RE: Need some Javascript by Jimbo on 10-30-2006 at 08:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Puniksem
Here's the answer you've been waiting for!

700+ Java scripts that cover every aspect of java development all in one easy to navigate package!

Click here to download now
has it got the one i want. have you checked? lol dont worry if you aint. i'll do it