Shoutbox

Problems with Display Picture Changer v1.1 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Problems with Display Picture Changer v1.1 (/showthread.php?tid=67877)

Problems with Display Picture Changer v1.1 by Dave on 10-30-2006 at 09:43 PM

I can get this script to work with pictures in my documents, but only with JPEGs - .tif files dont work at least.  Anyway, when i try to change the filepath, it gives me a toast saying that their are no pictures in the folder, but there blatantly are, cos if i copy the filepath from the options box into windows explorer, it gives me a nice folder full of JPEG pictures - far from the none as promised in the toast message.  Has anyone else got this script to work with a different filepath, or can anyone suggest why mine doesn't work, and give advice accordingly  (please bear in mind I don't really understand how scripts work - I just use them :) )
Thanks

RE: Problems with Display Picture Changer v1.1 by Baggins on 10-30-2006 at 10:55 PM

I would try copying the images to a different folder and try then there and see if it still gives you the message, if so, re-download it.

RE: Problems with Display Picture Changer v1.1 by Plan-1130 on 10-31-2006 at 06:17 AM

are they .jpg files? they should work, .tif files aren't supported, WLM can't convert them...

RE: Problems with Display Picture Changer v1.1 by Dave on 11-01-2006 at 10:07 AM

ah - i have found the problem.  It only works if they have a .jpg suffix, rather than .JPG  I didnt know it was case sensitive...

RE: Problems with Display Picture Changer v1.1 by RaceProUK on 11-01-2006 at 07:12 PM

The Windows file system preserves case, but otherwise ignores it. So unless the script is doing case-sensitive string comparisons, .JPG should work the same as .jpg, .Jpg, .jPg, etc.

Try reporting the issue to the script author.

RE: Problems with Display Picture Changer v1.1 by Dave on 11-01-2006 at 07:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RaceProUK
Try reporting the issue to the script author.
Have done