Shoutbox

Webcam reli laggy, and frequently disconnects... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Webcam reli laggy, and frequently disconnects... (/showthread.php?tid=67951)

Webcam reli laggy, and frequently disconnects... by M73A on 11-01-2006 at 09:07 PM

its only recently started doing it... it just movves about 2 frames every 8 seconds, its ridiculous...

its been doing it about a week, at first i thouhgt it must have been bad connection to msn, but its been like it for to long for that.

any suggestions? i cant use my webcam because of it:(

RE: Webcam reli laggy, and frequently disconnects... by RaceProUK on 11-02-2006 at 06:16 PM

Have you tried all the usual like reinstalling drivers etc?

RE: Webcam reli laggy, and frequently disconnects... by rob_botch on 11-03-2006 at 08:55 PM

First of all, it might be worth running some basic spyware, virus, disk cleanup, defrag routines. Then try to remember any programs that you have recently installed. One of these might be running in the background and slowing the computer. Failing that, make sure that you have the newest drivers for your webcam. The drivers might highlight any problems if you can run checks.

Hope this helps

Robert

RE: Webcam reli laggy, and frequently disconnects... by M73A on 11-03-2006 at 10:23 PM

it turns out its only with one contact :S

it works perfect with everyone else

RE: Webcam reli laggy, and frequently disconnects... by lordy on 11-03-2006 at 10:58 PM

Must be their internet connection then, if their connection is slow then the webcam will appear slow on your side too.

RE: Webcam reli laggy, and frequently disconnects... by M73A on 11-04-2006 at 09:53 AM

it does appear slow on my side...

but if i open up with contact A it goes slow

if i open up with contact B at the same time as A, B will work fine and A will be really laggy

RE: Webcam reli laggy, and frequently disconnects... by Nathan on 11-04-2006 at 10:07 AM

That's Defiantly there connection then.