Shoutbox

Custom emoticons dissapeared - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Custom emoticons dissapeared (/showthread.php?tid=67976)

Custom emoticons dissapeared by tosofo on 11-02-2006 at 08:22 PM

I downloaded the newest version of live msg today (I now have Windows live msg 8.1 Beta) - and as predicted all my custom emoticons dissapeared. But now I cannot add them again.
This message comes up: "The image you choose is already being used for another emocion. Please choose another image."

But the old emoticons are not on my costum emoticon list, and I don't know why this message keeps coming up...

I have enabled the custom emoticons in tools > messages.

What do I do?

RE: Custom emoticons dissapeared by Panachiba on 11-02-2006 at 08:38 PM

the window live messenger 8.1 is a Beta , is not stable. Dont use it for now , it can have many of bugs or problems :).

Back to the 8.0 and see if work on it.(Y)

RE: Custom emoticons dissapeared by rob_botch on 11-03-2006 at 08:32 PM

MP!L is incompatible with WLM 8.1. If you have tried to install Plus! this might cause more problems.

RE: Custom emoticons dissapeared by vaccination on 11-03-2006 at 08:35 PM

I believe this is because the 8.1 beta stores the emoticons in a different folder/place and it does not import the old emotes properly, i expect this to be fixed in the final version. But as said before it is a beta and not recomended for use.

Also MP!L does not work with it ;)

RE: Custom emoticons dissapeared by trini on 11-04-2006 at 07:31 AM

If you haven't gave your emoticons also name, only keyboard shortcut, they will not show up on WLM 8.1 Reinstall 8.0, name your emoticons, then install version 8.1 again ;)