Shoutbox

Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)? (/showthread.php?tid=67980)

Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)? by Dave on 11-02-2006 at 09:28 PM

I've been offered the new version of WLM, but will it work with MP!L?  If it won't I'd have to pass up at the opprtunity to get the new version;)

RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)? by MicroWay on 11-02-2006 at 09:31 PM

No,

Plus! still don't work with WLM 8.1!!!
You will have to wait till another update of Plus!

And don't forget that 8.1 is still beta -> maybe with bugs and errors...

RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)? by Dave on 11-02-2006 at 09:36 PM

screw that then.  How can I be expected to kick the Plus! habit just like that?

RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)? by Patchou on 11-02-2006 at 09:47 PM

You'll have to wait a little more, I'm working on it :). Meanwhile, I suggest you stick to WLM 8.0, the current beta of 8.1 doesn't bring anything really exceptional except for some annoying bugs.

RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)? by Dave on 11-02-2006 at 09:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
the current beta of 8.1 doesn't bring anything really exceptional except for some annoying bugs.
you'd make a great salesman...
RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)? by Akasaka on 11-02-2006 at 11:01 PM

Hes been at this for how long lol? I think it's skill now xD

RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)? by deAd on 11-02-2006 at 11:18 PM

quote:
You'll have to wait a little more, I'm working on it :). Meanwhile, I suggest you stick to WLM 8.0, the current beta of 8.1 doesn't bring anything really exceptional except for some annoying bugs.
The refresh build is almost bug-free.
RE: RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)? by prashker on 11-02-2006 at 11:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by deAd
quote:
The refresh build is almost bug-free.

Just shush and wait :p
RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)? by qgroessl on 11-03-2006 at 12:00 AM

Yeah :p I installed it... now I'm too lazy to go back to 8.0... Guess I'll have to wait.

RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)? by Dave on 11-03-2006 at 05:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by UTI
Yeah :p I installed it... now I'm too lazy to go back to 8.0... Guess I'll have to wait.
Believe me, it's worth the effort to go back to 8.0.  Have you noticed any difference with 8.1? (apart from the obvious lack of Plus! of course)
RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)? by hys17 on 11-04-2006 at 09:05 AM

I hope the new version will coming soon.I like WLM 8.1 and Plus!.So I cannot wait to see it.

RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)? by Dave on 11-04-2006 at 09:07 AM

could you notice a difference between 8.1 and 8.0?

RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)? by Oxy on 11-04-2006 at 09:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
could you notice a difference between 8.1 and 8.0?

Contact cards... view of emoticons panel.. new ( M ) emoticon.. more buggs..
RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)? by theangryjackal on 11-04-2006 at 10:33 AM

Hey i agree msngr 8.1 has practically no bugs but i want msngr plus back! Can someone send me a link to the install for msngr 8.0 plz!??!?!?

RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)? by Zahid™ on 11-04-2006 at 10:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by theangryjackal
Hey i agree msngr 8.1 has practically no bugs but i want msngr plus back! Can someone send me a link to the install for msngr 8.0 plz!??!?!?
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?F...b9d&DisplayLang=en
RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)? by theangryjackal on 11-04-2006 at 10:43 AM

ahhh thank you

RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)? by roc on 11-05-2006 at 08:18 AM

No need to update to 8.1b, no new function is really very useful :)

RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)? by FATEx on 11-06-2006 at 03:43 AM

bleahs, there isn't really much obvious changes to the new messenger client. patchou, i will be waiting for a newer version of MPL which work with WLM 8.1B ! =D

RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)? by elektra on 11-06-2006 at 08:39 PM

quote:

how much longer must we wait
RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)? by Zahid™ on 11-06-2006 at 08:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by penguindude
quote:

quote:
You'll have to wait a little more, I'm working on it :).

RE: RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)? by MattyRid on 11-07-2006 at 02:46 AM

quote:
quote:

as long as it takes...can't be bothered waiting? go back to Windows Live Messenger 8.0.

As I say to everybody who asks us on IRC. Until Windows Live Messenger 8.1 is out of BETA phases, don't whinge about Patchou not releasing a new version of Messenger Plus! Live.

Why you ask, well technically Windows Live Messenger 8.1 is still a BETA which means there are still a number of bugs probably present, and if Plus! Was released for 8.1 and it crashed, the first thing most people would do is blame Plus! and then give Messenger Plus! a bad name. This is what Patchou would probably rather not put up with.

And in fact what the best thing to do is always run Windows Live Messenger 8.1 BETA without anything done to it (e.g patching, etc.) This then allows all your bugs to be cleaned out and then once out of BETA phases, then Messenger Plus! Live won't cause any harm to Windows Live Messenger because Messenger Plus! Live's BETA testers always find all the bugs and help Patchou releases a bug free version of Messenger Plus! Live. (Unless you find a way to stuff it up :P)
RE: RE: RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)? by adam.yao on 11-07-2006 at 05:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
quote:
quote:

as long as it takes...can't be bothered waiting? go back to Windows Live Messenger 8.0.

As I say to everybody who asks us on IRC. Until Windows Live Messenger 8.1 is out of BETA phases, don't whinge about Patchou not releasing a new version of Messenger Plus! Live.

Why you ask, well technically Windows Live Messenger 8.1 is still a BETA which means there are still a number of bugs probably present, and if Plus! Was released for 8.1 and it crashed, the first thing most people would do is blame Plus! and then give Messenger Plus! a bad name. This is what Patchou would probably rather not put up with.

And in fact what the best thing to do is always run Windows Live Messenger 8.1 BETA without anything done to it (e.g patching, etc.) This then allows all your bugs to be cleaned out and then once out of BETA phases, then Messenger Plus! Live won't cause any harm to Windows Live Messenger because Messenger Plus! Live's BETA testers always find all the bugs and help Patchou releases a bug free version of Messenger Plus! Live. (Unless you find a way to stuff it up :P)

I don't agree this.  Messenger 8.1 user is sure that he is using a beta messenger now. It will probably be crashed by some unknown reason. He want to use MP!L for his passion on MP!L. So why not release a beta version as u are working on them.

RE: RE: RE: RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)? by MattyRid on 11-07-2006 at 05:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by adam.yao

I don't agree this.  Messenger 8.1 user is sure that he is using a beta messenger now. It will probably be crashed by some unknown reason. He want to use MP!L for his passion on MP!L. So why not release a beta version as u are working on them.

Once again, risking the reputation of Messenger Plus!. Patchou has worked so hard to get this far, why should all that hard work over the years be ruined because of a BETA which was fudged. I'd rather wait for a prefect version rather than having a buggy version released now. And anyway, why would  a non-computer literate user be using a BETA program, they would find it harder to recognise a bug. Is it just because you want to say "I have the Latest version and it's  BETA!!" get a grip on reality, just because you have the latest one and it's a BETA, doesn't mean it is the best one to use. In fact I have gone Back to 8.0 for the reason of how crap version 8.1 is. So unstable that last week I had about 10 crashes in 5 days.
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)? by adam.yao on 11-07-2006 at 05:53 AM

quote:
quote:

Once again, risking the reputation of Messenger Plus!. Patchou has worked so hard to get this far, why should all that hard work over the years be ruined because of a BETA which was fudged. I'd rather wait for a prefect version rather than having a buggy version released now. And anyway, why would  a non-computer literate user be using a BETA program, they would find it harder to recognise a bug. Is it just because you want to say "I have the Latest version and it's  BETA!!" get a grip on reality, just because you have the latest one and it's a BETA, doesn't mean it is the best one to use. In fact I have gone Back to 8.0 for the reason of how crap version 8.1 is. So unstable that last week I had about 10 crashes in 5 days.

:D , plz don't be nervous.  I appreciate Patchou  ,his hard work on MP!L and all MP!Lers' hard work on it.

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)? by MattyRid on 11-07-2006 at 05:56 AM

quote:
:D , plz don't be nervous.  I appreciate Patchou  ,his hard work on MP!L and all MP!Lers' hard work on it.

It's not a matter of being nervous, it's matter of thinking logically about things and having an understanding as to why certain things happen a certain way.
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)? by adam.yao on 11-07-2006 at 06:07 AM

quote:
quote:

It's not a matter of being nervous, it's matter of thinking logically about things and having an understanding as to why certain things happen a certain way.

(Y)(Y)(Y)

let me :wall: till die.
RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)? by cloudhunter on 11-07-2006 at 11:12 AM

quote:

How long is a piece of string?

Cloudy
RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)? by Dave on 11-07-2006 at 08:46 PM

thing is, will the website crash when it is released? as it did with the release of MP!L, despite it being 1 am BST...

RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)? by Menthix on 11-07-2006 at 09:41 PM

No, its extremely unlikely the site will crash this time.

The 4.00 release obviously had more people refreshing the site like crazy then the 4.10 release will have. Also, the site crash on the 4.00 release was mainly caused by a badly written SQL statement causing the SQL server to crash. That issue was fixed and will not re-appear.

Timezone doesn't have anything todo with the probability of the site crashing, users are based all over the world.

RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)? by Dave on 11-07-2006 at 09:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
Timezone doesn't have anything todo with the probability of the site crashing, users are based all over the world.
Still, if it is between 6 and 11pm UK or US time, demand would surely be greater than if it were 9 pm in the western pacific? I doubt there are crowds of users in Fiji...
RE: RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)? by 3lv1n on 11-08-2006 at 12:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Akasaka
Hes been at this for how long lol? I think it's skill now xD

thats true,
at a guess hes been at it as long as messenger and i got a happy 10th birthday email on the 2nd of november from messenger staff
RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)? by Nagamasa on 11-08-2006 at 12:19 AM

quote:
quote:
Still, if it is between 6 and 11pm UK or US time, demand would surely be greater than if it were 9 pm in the western pacific? I doubt there are crowds of users in Fiji...

Demand will be greater, but it should not crash the site.
RE: RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)? by Patchou on 11-08-2006 at 01:57 AM

quote:
Also, the site crash on the 4.00 release was mainly caused by a badly written SQL statement causing the SQL server to crash.
yeah... we won't say who was responsible for puting this statement there in the first place will we?... *-) :p
RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)? by Menthix on 11-08-2006 at 02:14 AM

quote:
we won't say who was responsible for puting this statement there in the first place will we?
Ofcourse we wont ;):D
RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)? by Voldemort on 11-08-2006 at 02:21 AM

But can we guess : <?

RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)? by Dave on 11-08-2006 at 05:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by 3lv1n
thats true,
at a guess hes been at it as long as messenger and i got a happy 10th birthday email on the 2nd of november from messenger staff
is that cos you were 10?
RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)? by pirepvp on 11-09-2006 at 11:53 AM

then who can let me know when messenger PLUS! LIVE will hv version for Windows Live Messenger 8.1 BETA ??

RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)? by Nagamasa on 11-09-2006 at 12:07 PM

quote:
Stay tuned for this weekend’s release!

RE: RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)? by 3lv1n on 11-09-2006 at 01:17 PM

quote:
quote:
thats true,
is that cos you were 10?

:o look left and u will see that i most certainly am not 10 8o|

its because messenger was 10 ;)
RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)? by Dave on 11-09-2006 at 06:12 PM

quote:

So why were they sending you ahappy birthday e-mail?  Is it normal to send other people birthday cards if its ur birthday?  What sort of people do this?
RE: RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)? by 3lv1n on 11-09-2006 at 06:20 PM

quote:
quote:

So why were they sending you ahappy birthday e-mail?  Is it normal to send other people birthday cards if its ur birthday?  What sort of people do this?

sorry i seem to be mistaken it is hotmail thats 10 but that still doesnt excuse the fact you dont understand what i was saying  so you must have been what all of 5 when it was released,, please find below an excerpt from the email i recieved..
October 2006

Happy 10th Birthday, Hotmail!

In this issue of the Hotmail newsletter, we're celebrating the tenth birthday of the world's most popular free web-based email. We've also got exciting news about some brand-new products. And there's exclusive prizes to be won, too.

Happy Birthday, Hotmail!
  It's party time here at MSN - Hotmail is 10 years old! As we look back over the last decade, it's incredible how our lives have changed, and we've been wondering what role Hotmail has played for people. Got a story to tell about how Hotmail changed your life? If so, we want to hear from you.. To celebrate Hotmail's 10th birthday, we're looking for people who've had their Hotmail account for more than five years and have an interesting story to tell.
Did you fall in love over email or find a long lost friend?
Are you the proud owner of a celebrity name?
Were you the first to get your hands on a popular name such as John Smith, Joe Bloggs or Jane Jones?
If this sounds like you, send an email to tenth********@hotmail.co.uk, providing your contact details and a brief description of your story. Then wait for us to get in touch!

RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)? by Dave on 11-09-2006 at 06:30 PM

OK, fine, i get your point.  However, I'd have thought that messenger came along after hotmail...