Shoutbox

How can i lock my msn chat logs without being "ple" format like before - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: How can i lock my msn chat logs without being "ple" format like before (/showthread.php?tid=67997)

How can i lock my msn chat logs without being "ple" format like before by Volcano1985 on 11-03-2006 at 05:00 PM

Hello friends

Im using Messenger Plus 3.62.A few days ago my chat logs were become "ple" format and i couldnt understand why.

How can i lock them and read again using my password like before?

RE: How can i lock my msn chat logs without being "ple" format like before by Sunshine on 11-03-2006 at 05:11 PM

All encrypted Plus! Logs have the .ple format. You can read em as you always did (it should open a dialog box asking for your password).

RE: RE: How can i lock my msn chat logs without being "ple" format like before by Volcano1985 on 11-03-2006 at 06:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
All encrypted Plus! Logs have the .ple format. You can read em as you always did (it should open a dialog box asking for your password).

Yes I know it.I used to read them by note-pad and with using my password bcoz they were note-pad but now they seem as "ple" format and when i click it says "choose a program to open the file "

What can i do ?
RE: How can i lock my msn chat logs without being "ple" format like before by DarkMe on 11-03-2006 at 06:20 PM

Open it with Notepad, it should work

RE: RE: How can i lock my msn chat logs without being "ple" format like before by Volcano1985 on 11-03-2006 at 06:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DarkMe
Open it with Notepad, it should work

Here what it says when i open with note-pad

"MPLE1<<    
   <'Ȅ8   B&#305;yYpJ^Oys&#286;}
... "
RE: How can i lock my msn chat logs without being "ple" format like before by MeEtc on 11-03-2006 at 06:34 PM

yes, that's an encrypted log file. You will need to open it with the plus log viewer and supply the decrypt password

RE: RE: How can i lock my msn chat logs without being "ple" format like before by Volcano1985 on 11-03-2006 at 06:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
yes, that's an encrypted log file. You will need to open it with the plus log viewer and supply the decrypt password

But before i didnt need anything to read them .Why is it so now ?

Where can i find the "msn log viewer"?
RE: How can i lock my msn chat logs without being "ple" format like before by MeEtc on 11-03-2006 at 06:43 PM

It's the Plus log viewer.
Go to the Plus menu on the main WLM window, select Chat Log Viewer

RE: How can i lock my msn chat logs without being "ple" format like before by Sunshine on 11-03-2006 at 07:24 PM

quote:
That's Plus!Live only, this is about Plus!3 (wich doesn't have the Plus! Log Viewer).

Anyways Volcano1985, i just noticed the Plus! version you are using is not the latest Plus!3 version (latest is 3.63.148). Please download and install newest from http://www.msgpluslive.net/download/old/ and see if you can open your logfiles after that.
RE: RE: How can i lock my msn chat logs without being "ple" format like before by Volcano1985 on 11-03-2006 at 07:31 PM

quote:
quote:
That's Plus!Live only, this is about Plus!3 (wich doesn't have the Plus! Log Viewer).

Anyways Volcano1985, i just noticed the Plus! version you are using is not the latest Plus!3 version (latest is 3.63.148). Please download and install newest from http://www.msgpluslive.net/download/old/ and see if you can open your logfiles after that.

Ok thx im trying now

a note

When i dont lock my logs , it is be able to open with note-pad

RE: How can i lock my msn chat logs without being "ple" format like before by Sunshine on 11-03-2006 at 07:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Volcano1985
a note

When i dont lock my logs , it is be able to open with note-pad
Yes, then everybody can open it in notepad. But please do upgrade as i suggested.
RE: How can i lock my msn chat logs without being "ple" format like before by Volcano1985 on 11-03-2006 at 07:36 PM

Ok now im doing

Nothing has been changed.Still same.I cant see the lock symbol on the files

RE: How can i lock my msn chat logs without being "ple" format like before by Sunshine on 11-03-2006 at 07:46 PM

quote:
What happens when you doubleclick a logfile?

P.S. don't doublepost (2 post after eachother), use the edit button instead.
RE: RE: How can i lock my msn chat logs without being "ple" format like before by Volcano1985 on 11-03-2006 at 07:48 PM

quote:
quote:
What happens when you doubleclick a logfile?

It says " u need a program to open this file , search on web or choose program in windows"

Files seem like this "xxx@hotmail.com.ple"
RE: How can i lock my msn chat logs without being "ple" format like before by Patchou on 11-03-2006 at 07:53 PM

"ple" file need to be associated to Messenger Plus! to be opened successfully. The only thing needed is to reinstall Messenger Plus! from http://www.msgpluslive.net/download/ . If it doesn't work, then a software like Windows Defender may be interfering and unregistering the file type.

RE: How can i lock my msn chat logs without being "ple" format like before by Volcano1985 on 11-03-2006 at 07:54 PM

when i choose note-pad here

"MPLE1<<   <'Ȅ8 e  B&#305;y.....etc"

Besides it doesn't ask my password

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
"ple" file need to be associated to Messenger Plus! to be opened successfully. The only thing needed is to reinstall Messenger Plus! from http://www.msgpluslive.net/download/ . If it doesn't work, then a software like Windows Defender may be interfering and unregistering the file type.

I reinstall it million times but still same
RE: How can i lock my msn chat logs without being "ple" format like before by vaccination on 11-03-2006 at 07:57 PM

What version of MSN Messenger do you have? Or do you have Windows Live Messenger?(8.0+)

To find out open your contact list and click help > about messenger and look for your version and build number.

RE: How can i lock my msn chat logs without being "ple" format like before by Volcano1985 on 11-03-2006 at 07:59 PM

Before it was 3.62 , now im using 3.63 that u suggested me

Could have msn program files been damaged ?

RE: How can i lock my msn chat logs without being "ple" format like before by Sunshine on 11-03-2006 at 08:07 PM

Volcano, tell us wich exact version of messenger you are using (i assumed it's not Windows Live Messenger as you are using Plus!3, Ver. 3 won't run on Live Messenger). You can find this by going to Help > About.

And whilst at that can you tell us wich OS (windows version) you are using aswell?

RE: How can i lock my msn chat logs without being "ple" format like before by vaccination on 11-03-2006 at 08:08 PM

quote:
Before it was 3.62 , now im using 3.63 that u suggested me

That is your Messenger Plus (MP!) version. MP! is an add-on to MSN messenger/WLM messenger

I asked what version of MSN/WLM messenger you are using? You can find out by the method i said before.

lol sunshine beat me :P
RE: RE: How can i lock my msn chat logs without being "ple" format like before by Volcano1985 on 11-03-2006 at 08:08 PM

quote:
Volcano, tell us wich exact version of messenger you are using (i assumed it's not Windows Live Messenger as you are using Plus!3). You can find this by going to Help > About.

And whilst at that can you tell us wich OS (windows version) you are using aswell?

Msn=Msn Messenger Plus 3.63
Windows=Xp Pro...
RE: How can i lock my msn chat logs without being "ple" format like before by Volcano1985 on 11-03-2006 at 08:17 PM

Ok Thanks everybody.I fixed My problem

Thx a lot