Shoutbox

Bonfire Night! [5/11/06] - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Bonfire Night! [5/11/06] (/showthread.php?tid=68043)

Bonfire Night! [5/11/06] by EBFL on 11-04-2006 at 02:18 PM

Do you really know what bonfire night is all about?
Some People Dont.
If you're one of them
Click> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fawkes_Night
:)
[Image: uk.gif]Happy BonFire Night![Image: uk.gif]

Have a good night :)
Have Fun
But stay safe!

RE: Bonfire Night! [5/11/06] by absorbation on 11-04-2006 at 03:14 PM

Guy Fawkes is a conspiracy, they need to teach the real story to all the primary school kids if you ask me. It's told like a fairly tale, when in reality the government themselves planned it. :P

The night also scares many animals to death, they hear things that loud they literally die of the shock.

RE: Bonfire Night! [5/11/06] by Kenji on 11-04-2006 at 03:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
The night also scares many animals to death, they hear things that loud they literally die of the shock.
Yeah, my cat always hides under my bed and my dog runs to the basement :sad:
RE: Bonfire Night! [5/11/06] by Oxy on 11-04-2006 at 03:28 PM

quote:
teach the real story to all the primary school kids

I was told the devil possesed him... :/

quote:

Ya, i have several cats, and for some reason my mum allways puts them outside for the night.. they go missing for several days.

RE: Bonfire Night! [5/11/06] by absorbation on 11-04-2006 at 03:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by skillz
I was told the devil possesed him... :/

You get told the real story as part of the curriculum in Britain nowadays. Basically the government hired people to form a group and plot to kill the king. The reason simply was to make the new Protestant country against unconverted Catholics (the plotters were Catholic's repelling against Protestants). :P

The whole plot was known since the start, Guy Fawkes only became famous because he confessed to the plot (most likely under torture, if you look at his signigture)

It was odd how England became Protestant, Henry 8th wanted a divorce and the country was converted. And the country over the next say 100 years attempted to make Catholics look bad and convert as many threats as possible. (I learnt a lot about this era when I recently studied the plantations of Ireland)
RE: Bonfire Night! [5/11/06] by elektra on 11-04-2006 at 04:50 PM

Bonfire night is crazy all you do is throw a dummy person on a fire, if guy fawkes tried to blow up the houses of parliment now he would become a hero.........

RE: Bonfire Night! [5/11/06] by user27089 on 11-04-2006 at 05:41 PM

Guy Fawkes wasn't even burnt, they attempted to hang him, but before they could do it he jumped off of the gallows and broke his neck.

Bonfire night is a great night for the family, it's just a shame that chavs have taken advantage of it and are using it as an excuse to put fireworks through peoples letterboxes. They're idiots, they don't know how much harm they can cause, and the harm that they do cause they find funny, wankers.

RE: Bonfire Night! [5/11/06] by Eljay on 11-04-2006 at 05:50 PM

Perfect night to watch V for Vendetta again! :P

RE: Bonfire Night! [5/11/06] by absorbation on 11-04-2006 at 05:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Bonfire night is a great night for the family, it's just a shame that chavs have taken advantage of it and are using it as an excuse to put fireworks through peoples letterboxes. They're idiots, they don't know how much harm they can cause, and the harm that they do cause they find funny, wankers.

So true. People don't realise how dangerous fireworks are.
RE: Bonfire Night! [5/11/06] by Nathan on 11-04-2006 at 05:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Eljay
:O,
I'm watching it at this moment :O :P
RE: Bonfire Night! [5/11/06] by Plik on 11-04-2006 at 06:10 PM

quote:
Good idea :P

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by traxor

So true. People don't realise how dangerous fireworks are.
Yup, i can vouch for that as my house mate might have to get a skin graft on his arse after trying to fire a rocket out of it. Silly fools :dodgy:
RE: RE: Bonfire Night! [5/11/06] by EBFL on 11-04-2006 at 10:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxorBonfire night is a great night for the family, it's just a shame that chavs have taken advantage of it and are using it as an excuse to put fireworks through peoples letterboxes. They're idiots, they don't know how much harm they can cause, and the harm that they do cause they find funny, wankers.

So true :| When i was young some stupid chav aimed one for me
and i was with my parents watching the fireworks out of my house, they almost got me
But it just missed
RE: Bonfire Night! [5/11/06] by user27089 on 11-05-2006 at 08:27 AM

quote:

Indeed, I might have to buy the film, saw it at the cinema and I loved it.

Even that film got how Guy Fawkes died wrong though.
RE: Bonfire Night! [5/11/06] by aNILEator on 11-05-2006 at 11:06 PM

LOL, SPOILERS BE IN THIS POST SO BE WARY

Ahh good film, I think it's even better for Britain's who despise government. Some people as always will think that it's a shame that the film didn't stick entirely to the comic, but i think its good that it has had a slight re-fresh.

Major changes I noticed
Book : Film
[list]
[*]Characters have more depth (background stories explained) : Background stories not really mentioned in same detail
[*]V tortures some of his victims : V just pwns them
[*]Evey tries to sleep with people a few times : Evey doesn't have this attitude
[*]No terrorist attack on school children and water works storyline : Biological attack on mentioned
[*]V has his own Super computer that can control the governments one : V just knows, hacks/vandalises
[*]When V dies Evey imagines taking off his mask and revealing his identity : Evey says at the end he was my father, sister brother you and me and everyone etc
[*]Evey succeeds after V : Unknown assumed she doesn't

Regardless of these changes i still love the film probably more than the graphic novel, and I was very impressed because the film has the same camera shots drawn in the comic.

Amazing and now I'm going to sleep (s)

....If the bloomin' fireworks stop going off

RE: Bonfire Night! [5/11/06] by Chris4 on 11-05-2006 at 11:22 PM

I had fun, watching the bonfire and lots of fireworks at the 'town show' . Didn't go on any rides though because no one would come on with me :( and most the rides were a rip-off.

RE: Bonfire Night! [5/11/06] by vaccination on 11-06-2006 at 05:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
I had fun, watching the bonfire and lots of fireworks at the 'town show' . Didn't go on any rides though because no one would come on with me :( and most the rides were a rip-off.

Gah that happens here, i'm not made of money :sad:

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
I think it's even better for Britain's who despise government.

Oooo that's me =D

RE: RE: Bonfire Night! [5/11/06] by EBFL on 11-09-2006 at 08:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
I think it's even better for Britain's who despise government.

Oooo that's me =D

Same. =']