Shoutbox

silver or used black ps2? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: silver or used black ps2? (/showthread.php?tid=68074)

silver or used black ps2? by Supersonicdarky on 11-05-2006 at 03:27 AM

should i get this silver ps2 (looks awesome and will fit well with the theme of the room), or buy an old/used black (if someone could find link, and not online shopping link plz)

btw, i mean not now but when and if the price drops after the ps3 comes out? i just need a working one to play some final fantasy games.

and since i dont know anything about consoles, do i need a mod chip or some other mod to play burnt games? (including burnt ps1 game)

RE: silver or used black ps2? by prashker on 11-05-2006 at 03:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
and since i dont know anything about consoles, do i need a mod chip or some other mod to play burnt games? (including burnt ps1 game)

Yes, most PS2 mod chips have backwards compatible burned games...compatibility :p

Get the Silver PS2 :P Looks sexeh!

I would suggest getting a PS3...seems its worth it (well, worth it after the 600$ price drops :p)
RE: silver or used black ps2? by Supersonicdarky on 11-05-2006 at 03:32 AM

as i said, i dont need any fancyness (just the silveryness looks cool), i just need it to play ff9, 10, 10-2, 12 [Image: msn_happy.gif] ps3 is too much (both price and what it can do wise)

so mod chip required to play burnt?

RE: silver or used black ps2? by prashker on 11-05-2006 at 03:33 AM

quote:
so mod chip required to play burnt?

Yes, well, you could use Swap Magic :p (Google it, busy now)
RE: silver or used black ps2? by Curtis on 11-05-2006 at 03:34 AM

Yes a mod chip is required to play burnt games.  Or a gameshark if you know the right method.

RE: silver or used black ps2? by T0MA on 11-06-2006 at 12:15 PM

If you ask me I suggest you take that silver one, looks really great.
yes you need a mod chip.

RE: silver or used black ps2? by user27089 on 11-06-2006 at 04:36 PM

quote:
should i get this silver ps2 (looks awesome and will fit well with the theme of the room), or buy an old/used black (if someone could find link, and not online shopping link plz)

btw, i mean not now but when and if the price drops after the ps3 comes out? i just need a working one to play some final fantasy games.

I don't think the prices will drop after the ps3 comes out at all, Sony aren't stupid and they know that not everyone can afford the ps3, so I'd just buy one now.

I wouldn't get a mod chip if I were you, it's great if you want to download games and be cheap about it, but if you want a decent working PS2 that still retains it's warranty, then I'd suggest that you don't get it chipped.

Go for a silver ps2 if I were you, they've got improved fans I think, whatever you do, don't get a slimline ps2, they're attrocious.
RE: silver or used black ps2? by vaccination on 11-06-2006 at 05:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Puniksem

[Image: ps2pic4.jpg]

ew

RE: silver or used black ps2? by saralk on 11-06-2006 at 05:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Puniksem
PLAYSTATION 2 CUSTOM SPRAY-JOB

1. Remove 6 screw caps from underside.
2. Remove six cross head screw from underside. (x4 long x2 short)
3. Remove draw facia by sliding up carefully.
4. Unclip rotating Logo from CD draw front.
5. Seperate lid of unit from base, covering electronics with cling film.
6. Unscrew and unclip cables from joystick/memory ports.
7. Lay out everything you have removed onto newspaper.
8. Lastly spray items with colour of your choice. (I chose metalic gold for my son's PS2).
9. Wait until dry, re-apply second coat for smooth finish. (Don't overspray)
10. When dry reassemble PS2 and Wallah your own design

Total cost no more than a can of car spray paint £3 ~ £4

Tips: You can also use adhesive tape to create a design on the top of the lid before spraying.
[Image: ps2pic4.jpg]

that looks like crap, its like Saturday night in the city centre.
RE: silver or used black ps2? by Chris4 on 11-06-2006 at 07:38 PM

quote:
Meh, that's easy enough to answer? The old black bulky ps2 of course :rolleyes:
RE: silver or used black ps2? by cloudhunter on 11-07-2006 at 03:58 PM

Yeah, bulky ftw. Loads more hackable, AND you can easily play games off a harddrive :D

Cloudy