Shoutbox

Traded a 2.80 psp for 2.5 then BRICK. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Traded a 2.80 psp for 2.5 then BRICK. (/showthread.php?tid=68101)

Traded a 2.80 psp for 2.5 then BRICK. by Steven on 11-06-2006 at 12:45 AM

Okies. I thought i was living the good life. Let me tell you, out of the 16 people in my grade who have a PSP, 2 of them know about homebrew, Me, and leon.

So i had many possibilites to choose from which n00b to trade my psp for theres. And i knew they had low firmware versions because they couldn't answer my simple question of "what version your psp is?". I traded my 32 mb for someones Gig, and i traded my 2.80 psp to a 2.5 psp and i added a ps1 memory stick, and a few ps1 games. After a few hours of ISO"ING, he borrows it back at school for an hour, then i play it, and BRICK. He doesnt want to trade back, even though we both agreed that if any of our psp broke in 1 month we would have to trade. His name is josh, and josh is going to have a nasty rash tommorow. ;)

RE: Traded a 2.80 psp for 2.5 then BRICK. by NiteMare on 11-06-2006 at 12:51 AM

Brick?

RE: Traded a 2.80 psp for 2.5 then BRICK. by RaceProUK on 11-06-2006 at 01:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
Brick?
When the PSP becomes unuseable. Which makes it as useful as a brick.

Usually happens when you screw the firmware.
RE: Traded a 2.80 psp for 2.5 then BRICK. by NiteMare on 11-06-2006 at 01:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by RaceProUK
quote:
Brick?

no reset button?
RE: Traded a 2.80 psp for 2.5 then BRICK. by Voldemort on 11-06-2006 at 01:07 AM

no, its like flashing with a wrong bios.....

RE: Traded a 2.80 psp for 2.5 then BRICK. by Steven on 11-06-2006 at 01:41 AM

Oh man if only it were that easy

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RaceProUK
quote:
Brick?

no reset button?

Luckly he still has waranty on his psp, so i will send it to sony like i did last time, though i probably wont get a hackable firmware. And beleive it or not, its pretty hard, i had a link of firmware history for you, and i think cookie would be able to hack it but he doesnt do illigela things.

RE: Traded a 2.80 psp for 2.5 then BRICK. by ShawnZ on 11-06-2006 at 02:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Steven
Oh man if only it were that easy

it would be that easy if sony weren't drm filled money obsessed pricks. the only reason there's no reset button is because it'd make it easier to downgrade to 1.5 firmware.

quote:
and i think cookie would be able to hack it but he doesnt do illigela things.

suckup?
RE: Traded a 2.80 psp for 2.5 then BRICK. by zach on 11-06-2006 at 04:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Steveni had many possibilites to choose from which n00b to trade my psp for theres. And i knew they had low firmware versions because they couldn't answer my simple question of "what version your psp is?". I traded my 32 mb for someones Gig, and i traded my 2.80 psp to a 2.5 psp and i added a ps1 memory stick, and a few ps1 games. After a few hours of ISO"ING, he borrows it back at school for an hour, then i play it, and BRICK. He doesnt want to trade back, even though we both agreed that if any of our psp broke in 1 month we would have to trade. His name is josh, and josh is going to have a nasty rash tommorow. ;)

Did you actually trade a 32mb for the 1gb or was the ps1 games included to make up for it? Who bricked it and how?
RE: Traded a 2.80 psp for 2.5 then BRICK. by user27089 on 11-06-2006 at 07:14 AM

The people who surround you are idiots, who in their right mind would trade a gb stick for a 32mb one? It just does't make any sense to me, and dude, stop exploiting those around you :-/.

Just send the PSP off and hope to God that they fix it for you.

RE: Traded a 2.80 psp for 2.5 then BRICK. by aNILEator on 11-06-2006 at 11:37 AM

sony = assholes they wanted to charge me £112 + P'n'P to fix mine even though it is still in waranty to this day, i'm going to get mine modchipped with the undiluted platinum from modchipstore.co.uk one day, when prices go down

RE: Traded a 2.80 psp for 2.5 then BRICK. by Steven on 11-06-2006 at 11:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by zach
Did you actually trade a 32mb for the 1gb or was the ps1 games included to make up for it? Who bricked it and how?
quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
sony = assholes they wanted to charge me £112 + P'n'P to fix mine even though it is still in waranty to this day, i'm going to get mine modchipped with the undiluted platinum from modchipstore.co.uk one da, when prices go down

Okay, even before i traded my psp, 2 weeks ago i was at his house, and this guy is spoiled rich. When he was on the computer i asked "hey josh, can i borrow your memory stick?" He replied "ya whatever"

2 weeks past, and i asked him about trading. He said that he wanted   ps2/ps1 some games with it and i brought my 32 mb card to school and i was ready to convince him that he didn't really need a gb since all he was going to use it for is to save data from game files. So i took out the 32 mb, and before i could say anything, he took it out of my hands and said "oh sweet, my memory stick back, thanks" He gave it a quick 5second look. And this is a guy who tihnkings macs are burgers and pc's are games.

I just realised its not bricked. i put it in recovery mode and fixed it

quote:
Originally posted by shawnzzzzzzzzzzz
Suck up?
No shatt sherlock!

RE: RE: Traded a 2.80 psp for 2.5 then BRICK. by zach on 11-07-2006 at 03:14 AM

quote:
2 weeks past, and i asked him about trading. He said that he wanted   ps2/ps1 some games with it and i brought my 32 mb card to school and i was ready to convince him that he didn't really need a gb since all he was going to use it for is to save data from game files. So i took out the 32 mb, and before i could say anything, he took it out of my hands and said "oh sweet, my memory stick back, thanks" He gave it a quick 5second look. And this is a guy who tihnkings macs are burgers and pc's are games.

That's sad :\ You're exploiting them like Traxor said.

quote:

Noob :P I wondered how you'd brick it without doing anything unusual.
RE: Traded a 2.80 psp for 2.5 then BRICK. by cloudhunter on 11-07-2006 at 09:54 AM

quote:

Should have been the first thing you tried :P

1.5 or 2.71SE-B?

Btw, exploiting is wrong :( I wouldn't have the heart for it...

Cloudy
RE: RE: Traded a 2.80 psp for 2.5 then BRICK. by rav0 on 11-08-2006 at 06:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by cloudhunter
exploiting is wrong :( I wouldn't have the heart for it...
Wrong WTF? What makes it wrong? It's hurting nobody.
RE: Traded a 2.80 psp for 2.5 then BRICK. by ddunk on 11-08-2006 at 07:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rav0
He meant exploiting the other kids, and it is hurted (hurted? wtf.) hurting them by ripping them off. :p
RE: Traded a 2.80 psp for 2.5 then BRICK. by Menthix on 11-08-2006 at 07:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rav0
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
The people who surround you are idiots, who in their right mind would trade a gb stick for a 32mb one? It just does't make any sense to me, and dude, stop exploiting those around you

RE: Traded a 2.80 psp for 2.5 then BRICK. by rav0 on 11-08-2006 at 07:55 AM

Oh, makes sense then, I wouldn't force somebody into that, but still, I would have made the swap if they were willing (even if I was getting the better deal).

RE: Traded a 2.80 psp for 2.5 then BRICK. by Steven on 11-11-2006 at 04:53 AM

But but but, what was i supposed to say, "here is a gb"?

RE: Traded a 2.80 psp for 2.5 then BRICK. by Nagamasa on 11-11-2006 at 12:53 PM

quote:
But but but, what was i supposed to say, "here is a gb"?

I have 2GB :p.

Kids around here are really stupid (no offence). A few dont even know how properly centre something on Word (click the centre button). They dunno how do use their resources (like how I need to follow Cookies instructions to fix their WLM)