Shoutbox

gone through the installation,but nothing seems to happen (WLM 8.1 beta) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: gone through the installation,but nothing seems to happen (WLM 8.1 beta) (/showthread.php?tid=68177)

gone through the installation,but nothing seems to happen (WLM 8.1 beta) by arctic on 11-08-2006 at 07:10 AM

i have downloaded the 'latest' messenger plus (4,1), and gone through the installation,but nothing seems to happen. I installed the older version (4,0), and the 'plus!' appeared in my windows live messenger 8,1 beta (build 8,1,0106,00_client v 8,1). When checking on 'plus', the remark was 'software not installed'.
Whats wrong, or doesnt msngr plus work with beta.
Awaiting help
Thanks

RE: install by Felu on 11-08-2006 at 07:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by arctic
i have downloaded the 'latest' messenger plus (4,1), and gone through the installation,but nothing seems to happen. I installed the older version (4,0), and the 'plus!' appeared in my windows live messenger 8,1 beta (build 8,1,0106,00_client v 8,1). When checking on 'plus', the remark was 'software not installed'.
Whats wrong, or doesnt msngr plus work with beta.
Awaiting help
Thanks
The current version of Plus! isn't compatible with WLM 8.1. A compatible version is to be released this weekend as per Patchou's announcement. Go back to 8.00.0812.00 for now. This is the second weird case(i've heard of) showing "Plus!" in the tool bar [Image: msn_confused.gif].
RE: install by arctic on 11-08-2006 at 08:13 AM

Thank you 'felu' for the very quick response, i will wait the weekend out and check up on the 'newer' version of msngr plus