Shoutbox

Need help in importing contacts from Yahoo Messenger to MSN Messenger - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Need help in importing contacts from Yahoo Messenger to MSN Messenger (/showthread.php?tid=68217)

Need help in importing contacts from Yahoo Messenger to MSN Messenger by nascent26 on 11-09-2006 at 05:04 PM

Hi! I've just installed MSN messenger in my PC and I want to import all my Yahoo Messenger contacts to MSN Messenger. How do I do this? Or will I have to enter each of the hundred fifty or so contacts I have? It seems so time-consuming to say the least...

Can anyone suggest a way? I'd really appreciate all the help you can give me... :D

RE: Need help in importing contacts from Yahoo Messenger to MSN Messenger by Felu on 11-09-2006 at 05:23 PM

Erm there i one way out. Make a text file with .ctt as extension.

code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<messenger>
  <service name=".NET Messenger Service">
    <contactlist>
      <contact type="32">yahooid@yahoo.com</contact>
      <contact type="1">windowsliveid@domain.com</contact>
    </contactlist>
  </service>
</messenger>

Make Such a file with all your contacts and then in Messenger go to Contacts > Import Instant Messaging Contacts... and browse to the ctt file you made and your done [Image: xso_cheesy.gif].
RE: Need help in importing contacts from Yahoo Messenger to MSN Messenger by nascent26 on 11-09-2006 at 08:13 PM

Thanks !Felu! That helped me a lot!

This forum is great! Everyone's so helpful! Thanks once again...

:D:D:D

RE: Need help in importing contacts from Yahoo Messenger to MSN Messenger by Nagamasa on 11-09-2006 at 09:54 PM

My turn to ask:

How can I do the opposite? From WLM to Y!M

RE: Need help in importing contacts from Yahoo Messenger to MSN Messenger by mRta03 on 11-11-2006 at 09:23 PM

i want to know how to do that too *-)

RE: Need help in importing contacts from Yahoo Messenger to MSN Messenger by mRta03 on 11-17-2006 at 07:56 PM

Please.. does anyone know how to import WLM contacts to yahoo ? Or It's impossible ? :S