Shoutbox

How to open Encrypted Log File : Thanks in advance - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: How to open Encrypted Log File : Thanks in advance (/showthread.php?tid=68220)

How to open Encrypted Log File : Thanks in advance by ooooo on 11-09-2006 at 05:27 PM

Hi ..

First time i use this forum ,, i need all of yours help.

A girl disappeared from home for 2 weeks, her parent very anxious.
They call the police and have one envidence to follow her, they assume that the girl will go with a boy that found in msn chat.

Then, they have a log file, encrypted log file type that require password to open ..

I think, she used Messenger Plus and i try to opened that file so Messenger Plus will show i've a wrong password .. i dont know how i can do .. :(

We cannot open that file.
Now, her parent very apprehensive so much

if someone can help me, please let me know

Thousand thanks in advance,,

Note : I'm not good in English, sorry for a wrong grammar :)

RE: How to open Encrypted Log File : Thanks in advance by Felu on 11-09-2006 at 05:34 PM

Sorry to hear about your daughter running away [Image: xso_sad.gif]. The encrypted Chat Log cannot be viewed without the password. After all passwords and encryption are used for a reason. I'm really sorry to say but this cannot be done [Image: msn_sad.gif].

I hope you find your daughter back. My best wishes are with you!

RE: How to open Encrypted Log File : Thanks in advance by ooooo on 11-09-2006 at 05:38 PM

Oh !!

Very thanks for a cleary answer ..

We try to open this file all day, we think we can't but we also have a wish ..

Sincere thanks -!Felu!-,
A girl from TH.. :)

RE: How to open Encrypted Log File : Thanks in advance by MattyRid on 11-09-2006 at 08:40 PM

Depends...can you confirm 2 things for me....

1) WHat Messenger version you are using (Help -> About)

2) What Messenger Plus! version you are using (PLus! -> About)

Reason for asking, there may be a possibility to change the password and make it something you know, provided you are using a particular version of messenger and messenger plus!. (Oh yes -!Felu!- I stumbled on this by accident when I redid my computer)

RE: How to open Encrypted Log File : Thanks in advance by Felu on 11-10-2006 at 11:13 AM

MattyRid I read your PM but the method you said doesn't work.
[Image: attachment.php?pid=751569]
When you try to change the password, you get the above window. You just can't put anything RANDOM there :/.

RE: How to open Encrypted Log File : Thanks in advance by ooooo on 11-10-2006 at 11:31 AM

I try like MattyRid before, but not work (like -!Felu!-)

We have a new way >> http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/mspass.html >> but we'll wait till she online again :(

Thanks for your kindness MattyRid 'n Felu ^^

RE: How to open Encrypted Log File : Thanks in advance by CookieRevised on 11-10-2006 at 01:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ooooo
I try like MattyRid before, but not work (like -!Felu!-)

We have a new way >> http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/mspass.html >> but we'll wait till she online again :(
This will not work...

The passwords revealed by that tool are not the chatlog passwords used in Plus! (note: if it at all works!!! Be extremely carefull!!! There are virusses and other malicious tools which desguise themselfs like such tools as password revealers, block checkers, etc!!!)...

again: There is NO way to open an encrypted chatlog without knowing the correct password..

RE: How to open Encrypted Log File : Thanks in advance by ooooo on 11-10-2006 at 01:42 PM

Ok ka ,, and very thanks :)

Now,, the police can know more evidence that lead to find the girl ...

By the way ,,
Thanks again for all of yours kindness ^^