Shoutbox

[Quest]My Window cannot display. why? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Quest]My Window cannot display. why? (/showthread.php?tid=68242)

[Quest]My Window cannot display. why? by iMeNG on 11-10-2006 at 04:47 AM

Hello guys!
i'm a new one. when i tried something about window of messenger plus said in the Scripting Documentation, i have done what it said that creat a new script named Window Test, and replace the Initialize event by this: function OnEvent_Initialize(MessengerStart)
{
    var Wnd = MsgPlus.CreateWnd("InterfaceTest.xml", "WndTest");
}

and also creat a xml file with this:

<Interfaces xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">    <Window Id="WndTest" Version="1">        <Attributes>            <Caption>Test Window</Caption>
        </Attributes>
        <TitleBar>
            <Title><Text>Hello!</Text></Title>
        </TitleBar>
        <Position Width="180" Height="75"/>
        <DialogTmpl/>
        <Controls>
            <Control xsi:type="StaticControl" Id="LblTop">
                <Position Left="10" Top="10" Width="150"/>
                <Caption>Hello world!</Caption>
            </Control>
            <Control xsi:type="ButtonControl" Id="BtnClose">
                <Position Left="112" Top="25" Width="50"/>                <Caption>Close</Caption>
            </Control>
        </Controls>
    </Window>
</Interfaces>

and of course i saved it in my script's folder named Window Test, BUT it doesn't work. However everything seems all right in my debug window, and it said the script loaded ready. So why? how can it do like this? puzzling....

RE: [Quest]My Window cannot display. why? by bigbob85 on 11-10-2006 at 05:32 AM

Firstly, did you save the interface window as InterfaceTest.xml ?

You may have to save your script in the correct encoding format.

What editor are you using?

I set my encode format to UCS2 - Little Edition (In notepad++).

If your using the default editor, I cant really see whats wrong.

RE: [Quest]My Window cannot display. why? by iMeNG on 11-10-2006 at 06:39 AM

I use UltraEdit-32, the verson is 11.20a. and i also saved it as Unicode-ACSII default, i think that's all right. BUT there is always nothing to happen, no window just like what it said but the debug window display the script is loaded ready. oh awful....help...

p.s. i use UltraEdit to edit my xml file and i use the built-in editor to edit my .js file.
Hey man, i get it! just now, i try to edit wth VS2005 and i try three UNICODE format, and i found the UNICODE-codepage 1200 does work, but the UNICODE 65001 and 1201 does not work. just it is. However, the Documentation just tell the UNICODE is right but it doesn't point out which one is really working. OK, thanks a lot ;P
RE: [Quest]My Window cannot display. why? by NanaFreak on 11-10-2006 at 07:25 AM

ok first of all please dont double post use the [Image: edit.gif] button

ok the way to do it is save your .xml file in unicode-16 and it should work... i use wordpad to save mine (you can make in another program then just copy and paste)

i hope this helps you
RE: [Quest]My Window cannot display. why? by iMeNG on 11-10-2006 at 07:49 AM

yeah i found it, thanks a lot!