Shoutbox

Plus menu doesn't appear - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Plus menu doesn't appear (/showthread.php?tid=68267)

Plus menu doesn't appear by richardseapower on 11-10-2006 at 11:42 PM

I have installed WLM version 8.0.812.0, which I think is a good, final version. I have installed the most recent version of MP!L. There are no 'old' versions of either program on my computer.

However after installing them both, plus just does not work. No menu actually appears for 'plus' when I open WLM. Does anyone have any idea why the two simply aren't working together?

Both were installed correctly and there is no error with my version of WLM, but plus does not open at all. If you can help me please let me know.
Richard.

RE: Plus menu doesn't appear by Panachiba on 11-10-2006 at 11:45 PM

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=61423

RE: Plus menu doesn't appear by richardseapower on 11-11-2006 at 12:05 AM

Thanks but that hasn't fixed the problem, there are still no plus features on my messenger :s
In the 'Messenger Plus! Live' folder in my program files, I can't find an actual .exe for the plus program... could this be relevant? I downloaded it from this site so obviously it ought to all be there...

RE: Plus menu doesn't appear by MicroWay on 11-11-2006 at 12:11 AM

Maybe trying again (download/instalation)???

Sometimes, when downloading, the file can be corrupted.. This is why I'm giving this idea to you to donload it again...
;)

RE: Plus menu doesn't appear by Panachiba on 11-11-2006 at 12:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by richardseapower
In the 'Messenger Plus! Live' folder in my program files, I can't find an actual .exe for the plus program... could this be relevant? I downloaded it from this site so obviously it ought to all be there...

well..the plus! dont use a .exe :), use a dll..

about the problem, see if your msn is clean :). The problem is weird, or you can wait: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=68170&page=1

RE: Plus menu doesn't appear by richardseapower on 11-11-2006 at 05:23 PM

Thanks MicroWay, but I must have downloaded about 5 times now! I'm fairly sure my MSN is clean, it's from the microsoft website and I haven't downloaded any weird patches etc. I searched for smiley central stuff, there doesn't seem to be any of that getting in the way.
If the new version will work for me then I'm happy to wait :) when's the release scheduled? But if you have any other ideas at all please let me know.

RE: Plus menu doesn't appear by Patchou on 11-12-2006 at 01:17 AM

Version 4.10 has jsut been released, let me know if it fixes your problem (if not, please send an email to mplus@patchou.com). Thanks.

RE: Plus menu doesn't appear by superbigfeet on 11-12-2006 at 01:28 AM

I have the same problem, I have attached a screenshot of it (I  installed Plus! 4.10)

The menu is shown in the toolbar... but there's no icon next to my Mails, Spaces, etc.

In the convo window, the icon doesn't show either.

RE: Plus menu doesn't appear by sarah32 on 11-12-2006 at 09:30 AM

ok i just downloaded the MP and i can c it on my msn but when i click on it in the toolbar it wont open ...

RE: Plus menu doesn't appear by CookieRevised on 11-12-2006 at 02:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sarah32
ok i just downloaded the MP and i can c it on my msn but when i click on it in the toolbar it wont open ...
Can you answer _all_ these questions:

1) What is the exact version and complete version (including build number) of Messenger Plus! (you can see this in the setup window of Messenger Plus!)?

2) What is the exact and complete version (including build number!) of Windows Live Messenger you're running (see Help > About Messenger)?

3) Do other Messenger Plus! functions work when you are running Windows Live Messenger, like toasts popping up, logs being created, etc?

4) Do you see the Plus! icon in the button bar underneath the menu bar and your display picture in the contactlist?

5) When you right click a contact in the contactlist, do you see a menu named "Messenger Plus! Features" and can you use its submenus?

6) Try this (follow instructions exactly to the letter):
- Close the contact list
- Reopen the contact list by double clicking on Messenger's system tray icon (near the pc clock)
- Go with your mouse _directly_ to the Plus! menu in the top menubar; do not hoover with your mouse over the other menus (if you did this you need to close and reopen the contactlist again !!!)
- Can you now access the Plus! menu?

7) Are you using any other Messenger related addon or patch like SmileyCentral, MessPatch, A-Patch, MSN Content Plus, SweetIM, etc... ?
RE: RE: Plus menu doesn't appear by sarah32 on 11-12-2006 at 03:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by sarah32
Can you answer _all_ these questions:

1) What is the exact version and complete version (including build number) of Messenger Plus! (you can see this in the setup window of Messenger Plus!)?

2) What is the exact and complete version (including build number!) of Windows Live Messenger you're running (see Help > About Messenger)?

8.0(build 8.0.0812.00)

3) Do other Messenger Plus! functions work when you are running Windows Live Messenger?

no..

4) Do you see the Plus! icon in the button bar underneath the menu bar and your display picture in the contactlist?

yes ... i can c it .. i can only open the list when i open the conversation .. i cant open it from the contact list ..

5) When you right click a contact in the contactlist, do you see a menu named "Messenger Plus! Features" and can you use its submenus?

yes

- Close the contact list
- Reopen the contact list by double clicking on Messenger's system tray icon (near the pc clock)
- Go with your mouse _directly_ to the Plus! menu in the top menubar; do not hoover with your mouse over the other menus (if you did this you need to close and reopen the contactlist again !!!)

no ..

7) Are you using any other Messenger related addon or patch like SmileyCentral, MessPatch, A-Patch, MSN Content Plus, etc... ?

smileycentral and sweetim ..

RE: Plus menu doesn't appear by CookieRevised on 11-12-2006 at 05:05 PM

sarah32:

1) download and install the newest version of Messenger Plus! Live:
http://www.msgpluslive.net/download

After that, restart messenger and try again to see if you now can access everything properly

2) If it still doesn't work, uninstall SmileyCentral (Web Search), SweetIM and any other addons you might have.

Then restart Messenger and see if that has solved the problem

3) If it still doesn't work, close messenger again and manually delete the following file (if it exists): "C:/Program Files/MSN Messenger\riched20.dll".

4) Report back if it was solved or not and how

RE: RE: Plus menu doesn't appear by ShadeOfBlue on 11-12-2006 at 06:42 PM

quote:

4.10 (b 250) (but even 4.01)

quote:

8.1.0106.00 (but even 8.0.0812)

quote:
3) Do other Messenger Plus! functions work when you are running Windows Live Messenger, like toasts popping up, logs being created, etc?

No, it doesn't load at all

quote:

Nope

quote:

Same

quote:
- Close the contact list

Still no

quote:
7) Are you using any other Messenger related addon or patch like SmileyCentral, MessPatch, A-Patch, MSN Content Plus, SweetIM, etc... ?

I use MessPatch but of course it went off when I reinstalled MSN/Plus! and deleted folders. I also installed MessengerDiscovery but that was after I realized I couldn't start Plus! anymore... and I uninstalled it anyway...
I don't use a software firewall (even xp's has been disabled)

Thanks for helping

--
Fra
RE: Plus menu doesn't appear by CookieRevised on 11-12-2006 at 07:12 PM

ShadeOfBlue, in that other thread you said you had the same problem. Reading your answers here it is clear that you don't have the same problem. In your case Plus! doesn't load at all. This thread is for when Plus! does load but the top menu in the menubar isn't visible/accessable. keep an eye on "not loading" instead.

RE: RE: Plus menu doesn't appear by ShadeOfBlue on 11-12-2006 at 07:31 PM

Whoops... sorry...

--
Fra

RE: RE: Plus menu doesn't appear by richardseapower on 11-12-2006 at 07:51 PM

quote:
ShadeOfBlue, in that other thread you said you had the same problem. Reading your answers here it is clear that you don't have the same problem. In your case Plus! doesn't load at all. This thread is for when Plus! does load but the top menu in the menubar isn't visible/accessable. keep an eye on "not loading" instead.

No offence, thanks for all the help, but I started this thread and ShadeOfBlue has the EXACT same problem as me. No plus loading at all, the menu simply does not appear. I'm just about to read the thread you link to and download 4.10, if it doesn't work then me and ShadeOfBlue are at exactly the same stage.
RE: Plus menu doesn't appear by CookieRevised on 11-12-2006 at 08:17 PM

quote:
No offence, thanks for all the help, but I started this thread and ShadeOfBlue has the EXACT same problem as me. No plus loading at all, the menu simply does not appear. I'm just about to read the thread you link to and download 4.10, if it doesn't work then me and ShadeOfBlue are at exactly the same stage.
I stand corrected...

but this is exactly what you get when people aren't specific or don't give full details and/or just reply with "I have the same problem" when actually they don't have the same symptoms (hence my list of questions)

As for the problems itself, Patchou is keeping an eye on these threads and looking into it.

;)
RE: Plus menu doesn't appear by richardseapower on 11-12-2006 at 08:19 PM

I think sarah 32 may have misunderstood my problem, perhaps I was too vague, sorry. When I say the menu doesn't appear, I mean no features of plus appear in WLM at all, as in the menu from which you would usually be able to access them simply doesn't exist. 4.10 isn't working either, so I have emailed Patchou..

RE: Plus menu doesn't appear by CookieRevised on 11-12-2006 at 08:26 PM

quote:
I mean no features of plus appear in WLM at all, as in the menu from which you would usually be able to access them simply doesn't exist.
Though, this doesn't nessecairly mean that Plus! isn't loaded or that you don't have access to its features.

There was a bug in the 4.10 beta version which prevented the menu from showing up, but the rest worked fine, hence my question 5 and 6 in my post before (although this bug should be already fixed).

And superbigfeet, although saying he has the same problem, has also something similar happening; Plus! is loaded, menu is shown, but rest isn't accessable...

EDIT: just thinking about it, you can probably easy test if Plus! is actually loaded or not (eventhough you don't see it) by trying to import a script (.PLSC file) while Messenger is running.
RE: Plus menu doesn't appear by richardseapower on 11-12-2006 at 08:28 PM

OK... no I don't have that menu appearing on right-click. I don't have any visible signs of plus in any location.

RE: RE: Plus menu doesn't appear by ShadeOfBlue on 11-12-2006 at 08:55 PM

quote:
EDIT: just thinking about it, you can probably easy test if Plus! is actually loaded or not (eventhough you don't see it) by trying to import a script (.PLSC file) while Messenger is running.

Good idea. I just did it and it crashed my MSN :P

AppName: msnmsgr.exe      AppVer: 8.1.106.0     AppStamp:453e449b
ModName: msgpluslive.dll      ModVer: 4.1.0.250      ModStamp:45562b02
fDebug: 0       Offset: 0002eac5

If you want I can send the complete report somewhere...

--
Fra
RE: Plus menu doesn't appear by CookieRevised on 11-12-2006 at 08:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ShadeOfBlue
Good idea. I just did it and it crashed my MSN :P

AppName: msnmsgr.exe      AppVer: 8.1.106.0     AppStamp:453e449b
ModName: msgpluslive.dll      ModVer: 4.1.0.250      ModStamp:45562b02
fDebug: 0       Offset: 0002eac5

If you want I can send the complete report somewhere...

--
Fra
absolutely, send it too patchou, see his post in this thread
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=68...d=752203#pid752203

(don't send it to MS using the 'Send' button though.... this is probably a Plus! bug so MS wont be happy with it :p) EDIT: see next post of Patchou
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
when you have such error reports, please send them to microsoft as they give me access to them.

RE: Plus menu doesn't appear by netpoint on 11-12-2006 at 09:11 PM

I also have the same problem. I've deleted both programs, and then downloaded end installed them again. No error during the install progress or els, but in my case  PLUS doesn't appear on the top of the WLM-windows.
See screenpicture here: http://home.online.no/~runotna

(I'm using win-xp, WLM, version 8.0 (build 8.0.0812.00) and the latest version of PLUS was downloaded.)

I do have another computer, and on that I'm running version (Plus)4.01.0.240 and the same version of WLM. On that computer it works fine.

RE: Plus menu doesn't appear by CookieRevised on 11-12-2006 at 09:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by netpoint
I also have the same problem. I've deleted both programs, and then downloaded end installed them again. No error during the install progress or els, but in my case  PLUS doesn't appear on the top of the WLM-windows.
See screenpicture here: http://home.online.no/~runotna

(I'm using win-xp, WLM, version 8.0 (build 8.0.0812.00) and the latest version of PLUS was downloaded.)

I do have another computer, and on that I'm running version (Plus)4.01.0.240 and the same version of WLM. On that computer it works fine.
please read thread...
and answer the questions asked here:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=68...d=752460#pid752460

^^ goes for everybody who want to posts here :p

PS: no need to post twice. please remove your first post
RE: Plus menu doesn't appear by sarah32 on 11-12-2006 at 09:45 PM

thx it worked :) is there any mirror for the new MP! ?

RE: RE: Plus menu doesn't appear by ShadeOfBlue on 11-12-2006 at 10:14 PM

quote:

absolutely, send it too patchou, see his post in this thread
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=68...d=752203#pid752203

(don't send it to MS using the 'Send' button though.... this is probably a Plus! bug so MS wont be happy with it :p)

Great... I just realized that the Error Report window doesn't have the copy handler so I can't even select the text... -_-
Do you have any idea on how to copy the information in a text file?

--
Fra
RE: Plus menu doesn't appear by netpoint on 11-13-2006 at 12:28 PM

Now it works fine for me. I discovered that Sweet IM was not properly deleted from my pc, so when I had deleted the program properly, PLUS appeared on the menu.

RE: Plus menu doesn't appear by eko on 11-13-2006 at 06:49 PM

To Everyone who got problem with plus menu dosent appear... test reboot ur comp after reinstall... thats the way i got it to work again, after a clean install of both msn mess and Messenger Plus

:)

RE: Plus menu doesn't appear by eko on 11-14-2006 at 06:44 PM

hmm... i got plus to work after reboot, no it dont show up longer (the meny and the icon in im window)...
i get "error report" each time i close it down...
AppName:msnmsgr.exe AppVer: 80812.0 AppStamp:44cc1896
MidName:msgpluslive1.dll ModVer: 4.1.0.250 ModStamp 45562b02
fDebug: 0 Offset: 0018b780

Ive reinstall with latest version of both msn mess live and Messenger Plus live 5 times now.. clean.. its kinda working sometimes  and sometimes not, and i got no extra things to msn except plus.. gmail checker and some scripts works in plus without the plus menu showed... its like its on but not on or hidden...

RE: Plus menu doesn't appear by Patchou on 11-16-2006 at 03:11 AM

when you have such error reports, please send them to microsoft as they give me access to them.

eko: of yo ucan confirm that Plus! crashes even with all scripts disabled, please send me an email to mplus@patchou.com and we'll try to work on that together directly.

RE: Plus menu doesn't appear by cindynicole75 on 11-16-2006 at 05:29 AM

Thank God! Someone else is experiencing the same problem I am, I have a brand new laptop and can't get messenger plus to work with live either.8o|  It is pissing me off! Two of my friends got it to work with live, so why can't we????? Somebody please help! :S

RE: RE: Plus menu doesn't appear by mocha_mist on 11-16-2006 at 09:10 PM

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by mocha_mist
hey what is goign on with with this "Live Messenger Plus" plug-In??? 8o| I downloaded it and ran the programme and when Messenger Live restarted it was just as before...sans "Live Messenger Plus" plug-In!!!!! :@ Can someone please help...instruct... :S
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please search forums before posting ;)

Go to this post and answer all the questions in detail:
CookieRevised's reply to Plus menu doesn't appear

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Close the contact list

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1)  Messenger Plus! Live 4.10 Build 250

2)  Messenger 8.1 Build 0064

3)  No other plus features work while running messenger

4)  Did not see the Plus! icon in the button bar underneath the menu bar and my display picture in the contactlist.

5)  When I right click a contact in the contactlist, did not see a menu named "Messenger Plus! Features" and therefore cannot see its submenus.

6)  There IS NO "Plus! menu."  Not even after installing the Plus! plug-in.

7)  I am not using any other Messenger related addon or patch like SmileyCentral, MessPatch, A-Patch, MSN Content Plus, SweetIM, etc...

NOTE:  I reverted to my old Messenger (8.0) and now the Plus! is working fine, could it be that the 8.1 version of messenger is not compatible with the 4.10 version of Plus!?
Correction:>>> Version 8.1 = Windows Live Messenger Beta
RE: Plus menu doesn't appear by elektron44 on 11-19-2006 at 12:21 PM

the  prob  is  still  there by  me  and  others ..........    is  there a  fix  coming  ???

RE: Plus menu doesn't appear by eko on 11-19-2006 at 06:29 PM

Its not crashing kinda, its when u chooce quit.. it send error message, but i found whats wrong, the sweetim hided on my comp on 2 places.. so i missed to uninstall one... so if u got sweetim installed u will get plus to work sometimes and sometimes not.. but now its working without any prob (without sweetim on comp) :)
thanx for the help :)

RE: Plus menu doesn't appear by jameslives on 11-19-2006 at 08:41 PM

i use wlm 8.1 beta
msgplus doesnt show on that

RE: Plus menu doesn't appear by mocha_mist on 11-20-2006 at 10:26 PM

ok, i figured that much, since, as i said, i re-installed WLM 8.0 and the Plus! worked fine...guess the new WLM beta 8.1 isn't compatible with Plus! (N)

RE: RE: RE: Plus menu doesn't appear by CookieRevised on 11-20-2006 at 11:11 PM

quote:

see the changelog's first line:
http://www.msgpluslive.net/download/changelog/

"Messenger Plus! Live 4.10.250 is compatible with the public version of Windows Live Messenger 8.1 beta...."

The public Windows Live Messenger 8.1 beta is 8.1.0106.

8.1.0064 is an, extremely buggy, private internal beta which only beta testers should have. Messenger Plus! is never being made compatible with private internal betas.

---

If you aren't a messenger beta tester for 8.1, then this is a perfect reason why you should never use leaked builds (and a reason why people shouldn't leak private builds in the first place).
RE: Plus menu doesn't appear by elektron44 on 11-21-2006 at 09:03 AM

this  versions works by  me   

Windows XP Service Pack 2 (5.1.2600)
Windows Live Messenger 8.00.0812
Messenger Plus! Live 4.01.0.240

IF  i do i make  updates  it  dont work  nomore  with M plus live 
what  do i  has  to  do  now  then  ???

Windows XP Service Pack 2 (5.1.2600)
Windows Live Messenger 8.01.0106
Messenger Plus! Live 4.10.0.250
all  is  updated  now   works great again    after  un install alll  from  or  about  ... my web search  and  SWEETIM   
thanks  for  that info   ....John  B
RE: RE: RE: RE: Plus menu doesn't appear by mocha_mist on 12-20-2006 at 08:52 PM

quote:
quote:

see the changelog's first line:
http://www.msgpluslive.net/download/changelog/

"Messenger Plus! Live 4.10.250 is compatible with the public version of Windows Live Messenger 8.1 beta...."

The public Windows Live Messenger 8.1 beta is 8.1.0106.

8.1.0064 is an, extremely buggy, private internal beta which only beta testers should have. Messenger Plus! is never being made compatible with private internal betas.

---

If you aren't a messenger beta tester for 8.1, then this is a perfect reason why you should never use leaked builds (and a reason why people shouldn't leak private builds in the first place).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok thanks alot... :):)