Shoutbox

Prevent Contacts from Stealing DP - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Prevent Contacts from Stealing DP (/showthread.php?tid=68319)

Prevent Contacts from Stealing DP by BrendanL on 11-12-2006 at 02:52 AM

You know how Messenger Discovery disallows contacts to steal your emoticons. Can somebody PLEASE create a script for Messenger Plus! so contacts can't use a script or patch to steal my Display Pictures. I'm not sure if this is possible or not but if anyone gave it a shot or actually DOES manage to create such a script, I would be so THANKFUL! and GRATEFUL! So if you even bothered to read this, Thanks! :P

RE: Prevent Contacts from Stealing DP by Supersonicdarky on 11-12-2006 at 03:06 AM

impossible, and even if it was, the person could just take a picture of it, cut it out and use as dp :P

RE: Prevent Contacts from Stealing DP by BrendanL on 11-12-2006 at 03:17 AM

They could do that but my friends are TOO lazy to do that. Yet again, another impossible script. What is it with my Wild Imagination? Meh, oh well. Nothing you can do about it but just let them have my DP's. :'(

RE: Prevent Contacts from Stealing DP by prashker on 11-12-2006 at 03:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by BrendanL
They could do that but my friends are TOO lazy to do that. Yet again, another impossible script. What is it with my Wild Imagination? Meh, oh well. Nothing you can do about it but just let them have my DP's. :'(
Or, get crappy dp's that they don't want to take :cheesy:
RE: Prevent Contacts from Stealing DP by CookieRevised on 11-12-2006 at 03:40 AM

Or personalize your DP. That is what I do too; my dp reads "greetings from Cookie" and contains other personlized things.

RE: RE: Prevent Contacts from Stealing DP by BrendanL on 11-12-2006 at 03:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
quote:
Or, get crappy dp's that they don't want to take :cheesy:

My gosh! This is the best idea I've ever HEARD!!!!! Aww, but I'm too lazy to go find a crappy image, save it, go to change display picture, browse for the picture, double click on the picture and set it as my Display Picture. Oh well, life has it's advantages, disadvantages and people as lazy, clumsy and stupid as me. Wait, there's no way anyone can be lazier, clumsier and stupid-er than me. :P

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Or personalize your DP. That is what I do too; my dp reads "greetings from Cookie" and contains other personlized things.

Yes, I could do that :D. But then that's even more work than what SonicSam suggested because I have to edit every single one of my DP's. Oh well, life goes on.
RE: Prevent Contacts from Stealing DP by DarkMe on 11-12-2006 at 03:46 AM

quote:
My gosh! This is the best idea I've ever HEARD!!!!! Aww, but I'm too lazy to go find a crappy image, save it, go to change display picture, browse for the picture, double click on the picture and set it as my Display Picture. Oh well, life has it's advantages, disadvantages and people as lazy, clumsy and stupid as me. Wait, there's no way anyone can be lazier, clumsier and stupid-er than me. :P
or simply drag n drop it? :p

i like cookie's way to prevent from stealing dp's
RE: Prevent Contacts from Stealing DP by Voldemort on 11-12-2006 at 03:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
That is what I do too; my dp reads "greetings from Cookie" and contains other personlized things.
I wouldn't know, i don't have you on WLM.
RE: Prevent Contacts from Stealing DP by BrendanL on 11-12-2006 at 03:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DarkMe
or simply drag n drop it? :p

YOU CAN DRAG AND DROP!!!!!!!! That saves me the trouble of clicking! :D
RE: Prevent Contacts from Stealing DP by lizard.boy on 11-12-2006 at 05:23 AM

quote:
My gosh! This is the best idea I've ever HEARD!!!!! Aww, but I'm too lazy to go find a crappy image, save it, go to change display picture, browse for the picture, double click on the picture and set it as my Display Picture. Oh well, life has it's advantages, disadvantages and people as lazy, clumsy and stupid as me. Wait, there's no way anyone can be lazier, clumsier and stupid-er than me. (Smilie)

So instead, you would like someone else to take the time to write you a script to protect your display pic so you don't have to get off your metaphorical/digital bum and get a new one? Nice guy. :chrongue:

RE: Prevent Contacts from Stealing DP by BrendanL on 11-12-2006 at 05:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lizard.boy

So instead, you would like someone else to take the time to write you a script to protect your display pic so you don't have to get off your metaphorical/digital bum and get a new one? Nice guy. :chrongue:

Yes that's EXACTLY it! Finally someone who understands me!!!

P.S: Another script I'm requesting. http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=68327. Yet again proven impossible to do with a script. Oh well.