Shoutbox

plus 4.10 does not work on Windows XP x64 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: plus 4.10 does not work on Windows XP x64 (/showthread.php?tid=68337)

plus 4.10 does not work on Windows XP x64 by pulseDJ on 11-12-2006 at 09:00 AM

Why Messenger Plus 4.10 not work in Messenger 8.0 and 8.1. I have Windows XP x64 Professional

RE: plus 4.10 does not work on Windows XP x64 by Mnjul on 11-12-2006 at 10:32 AM

It's working here on my XP Pro x64. Would you give us more information about what you mean by saying it does not work? :)

RE: plus 4.10 does not work on Windows XP x64 by pulseDJ on 11-12-2006 at 10:52 AM

My problems are:
- plus menu does not open
- plus button does not open (where Space, Mail, Sharing Folder)
- I see [c=13]nickname[/c]

But work normally:
- Contacts on Desktop
- Event Notifications
- Multiple Accounts

If you can help me please let me know.
Pulse DJ

Update: Problem is similar to this: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=68346

RE: plus 4.10 does not work on Windows XP x64 by pulseDJ on 11-12-2006 at 03:25 PM

1) What is the exact version and complete version (including build number) of Messenger Plus! (you can see this in the setup window of Messenger Plus!)?

2) What is the exact and complete version (including build number!) of Windows Live Messenger you're running (see Help > About Messenger)?
- 8.0.0812 and 8.1.0106

3) Do other Messenger Plus! functions work when you are running Windows Live Messenger?
- Contacts on Desktop
- Event Notifications
- Multiple Accounts

4) Do you see the Plus! icon in the button bar underneath the menu bar and your display picture in the contactlist?
- no

5) When you right click a contact in the contactlist, do you see a menu named "Messenger Plus! Features" and can you use its submenus?
- no

6) Try this (follow instructions exactly to the letter):
Close the contact list
Reopen the contact list by double clicking on Messenger's system tray icon (near the pc clock)
Go with your mouse _directly_ to the Plus! menu in the top menubar; do not hoover with your mouse over the other menus (if you did this you need to close and reopen the contactlist again !!!)
Can you now access the Plus! menu?
- no

7) Are you using any other Messenger related addon or patch like SmileyCentral, MessPatch, A-Patch, MSN Content Plus, etc... ?
- A-patch