Shoutbox

Anti Huhu clone - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Anti Huhu clone (/showthread.php?tid=68364)

Anti Huhu clone by EBFL on 11-12-2006 at 06:44 PM

Is there a way to stop people using the HuHu Clone on you? Because i hate when people steal my Display Picture and Name,

Thank you in advance,  Nick.

RE: Anti Huhu clone by Orgrim Doomhammer on 11-12-2006 at 07:07 PM

well, you could give a friendly name to contacts that use huhu clone, so you won't see their nick change, but I don't think there's away to stop 'em cloning your PSM or DP

RE: Anti Huhu clone by Plan-1130 on 11-12-2006 at 08:05 PM

You could kindly ask them to stop, or block them, but as of all information is being sent to the contact, it's impossible...

RE: Anti Huhu clone by Spunky on 11-12-2006 at 08:48 PM

I made a script for this purpose... brb with the file ;)

EDIT: What this script does is check to see if the person you are talking to has the same name as one of your contacts. If they do, you will see an message box alerting you. (It only needs to check against names in you're contact list as if the person they are imitating isn't on there, you can't confuse the two etc.)

RE: Anti Huhu clone by Psychotic-Retard on 11-14-2006 at 05:34 PM

i was looking for something like that, good work SLM

RE: Anti Huhu clone by EBFL on 11-14-2006 at 07:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
I made a script for this purpose... brb with the file ;)

EDIT: What this script does is check to see if the person you are talking to has the same name as one of your contacts. If they do, you will see an message box alerting you. (It only needs to check against names in you're contact list as if the person they are imitating isn't on there, you can't confuse the two etc.)

Thank You :D
That'll Help me see anyone that Clones me so i can block them :)

RE: Anti Huhu clone by lilhacker on 07-02-2007 at 07:53 AM

Great script SLM, but that still doesn't stop them from cloning you :( Like when you block them, they just see you as offline, but they can still just type "/clone"

RE: RE: Anti Huhu clone by Vilkku on 07-02-2007 at 08:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lilhacker
Great script SLM, but that still doesn't stop them from cloning you :( Like when you block them, they just see you as offline, but they can still just type "/clone"

There is no way to stop that, as an user can have any name in WLM he/she wants.