Shoutbox

YAHOO MAIL - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: YAHOO MAIL (/showthread.php?tid=68369)

YAHOO MAIL by livestrong on 11-12-2006 at 07:22 PM

Just wondering if anyone out there can create a script that would allow me to check my YAHOO e-mail from messenger.  This would be a great help!  Hope this can be done.   

RE: YAHOO MAIL by elektra on 11-12-2006 at 07:26 PM

I beleive MP!L has this feature go plus-prefrences-general-email accounts and enter the account server etc
Not sure if yahoo is POP3 :/

RE: YAHOO MAIL by livestrong on 11-12-2006 at 07:31 PM

don't believe that yahoo is that PO3 (or whatever it is called).  Can u make a script so i can check my e-mail from Windows Live Messenger Plus!? 

RE: YAHOO MAIL by matty on 11-12-2006 at 07:33 PM

POP3 is only available on Premium Yahoo Accounts.

The only way possible would be to have a script login and try and parse out your emails, not the easiest thing to do.

RE: YAHOO MAIL by Keikonium on 11-12-2006 at 07:53 PM

In Yahoo Messenger, is there not a .dll that shows toasts of new emails?

Can a script not load that .dll and display it in messenger?

Just a thought, no idea if its possible :P.

RE: YAHOO MAIL by Plan-1130 on 11-12-2006 at 07:57 PM

if the dll does the checking and teh displaying you could find out, but yet again it's a long way to go...
And you need the rights of Yahoo Mesenger dll, or the user should install Yahoo Messenger, but it's hard to check, and why not login to Yahoo Messenger if you have it?

RE: YAHOO MAIL by Chancer on 11-12-2006 at 09:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
POP3 is only available on Premium Yahoo Accounts.

really??
I dont have a premium account and I can check mine...using 'pop.mail.yahoo.com.br' as pop3 address

RE: YAHOO MAIL by livestrong on 11-12-2006 at 10:00 PM

REALLY?!?  How do I do this can you show me how to fill in the E-Mail account Settings Box

E-Mail Server:
User Name:
Password:
E-Mail Client:

RE: YAHOO MAIL by dfdan on 11-27-2006 at 10:51 PM

I concur; Really?!

I would also greatly appreciate those details for the correct config of

E-Mail Server:pop.mail.yahoo.com.br  ??
User Name:******
Password:******
E-Mail Client:pop.mail.yahoo.com.br ??

RE: YAHOO MAIL by sljaxon on 11-28-2006 at 12:54 AM

.br is brazilian... I think that only works with yahoo brazil email addresses... Chancer, are you using yahoo.com.br?

RE: RE: YAHOO MAIL by Hank on 11-28-2006 at 01:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by livestrong
REALLY?!?  How do I do this can you show me how to fill in the E-Mail account Settings Box

E-Mail Server:
User Name:
Password:
E-Mail Client:

Go into you Yahoo account an then click on Options an from there you'l lsee the right way how to setup your yahoo account inside Thunderbird or any other Mail client  POP Access and Forwarding is what you want to click on
YAHOO MAIL by sljaxon on 11-28-2006 at 01:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by HSV
quote:
Originally posted by livestrong

E-Mail Server:
User Name:
Password:
E-Mail Client:

Go into you Yahoo account an then click on Options an from there you'l lsee the right way how to setup your yahoo account inside Thunderbird or any other Mail client  POP Access and Forwarding is what you want to click on

POP Access and Forwarding does not show up in my Yahoo Mail panel. Maybe you have a premium or foreign account?
RE: YAHOO MAIL by MattyRid on 11-28-2006 at 04:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by sljaxon
POP Access and Forwarding does not show up in my Yahoo Mail panel. Maybe you have a premium or foreign account?

From experience, it is noticed to be dependent on when your account was made. Older accounts which are say 3 years old more than likely have POP3 but if you have an account made in the last 12 - 18 months then you don't have POP3 access.
RE: YAHOO MAIL by Hank on 11-28-2006 at 05:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid

i dont have premium, wont pay for a premium account just for email,  an my account is atleast 1 year old

quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid

From experience, it is noticed to be dependent on when your account was made. Older accounts which are say 3 years old more than likely have POP3 but if you have an account made in the last 12 - 18 months then you don't have POP3 access.

as i said, my Yahoo account is between 12 -  18 months old, an i have Pop3 forwarding,

Edit a screenie here of the Options you'll see