Shoutbox

My remote assistance suddenly stops... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: My remote assistance suddenly stops... (/showthread.php?tid=68373)

My remote assistance suddenly stops... by lrac522 on 11-12-2006 at 08:09 PM

If you should have the latest version of messenger running 8.0 and suddenly you start getting this message when tried to run remote assistance that you need the latest version of windows messenger, what could possibly be the problem?:$

RE: My remote assistance suddenly stops... by DarkMe on 11-12-2006 at 09:57 PM

I already have the same problem, although whenever i want a message pop up and says "You dont have XP SP2, but i have Vista and still i cant connect it.

I dont think the lastest WLM version sould be the issue, maybe internet connection problems

RE: My remote assistance suddenly stops... by RaceProUK on 11-12-2006 at 10:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lrac522
latest version of windows messenger
That's not Windows Live Messenger, but WIndows Messenger, which is a totally separate program.

So try installing the latest version of that.
RE: RE: My remote assistance suddenly stops... by lrac522 on 11-12-2006 at 11:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RaceProUK
quote:
Originally posted by lrac522
latest version of windows messenger
That's not Windows Live Messenger, but WIndows Messenger, which is a totally separate program.

So try installing the latest version of that.

Well that's what it says and i'm running windows live messenger 8.0 with plus live 4.10.
RE: My remote assistance suddenly stops... by RaceProUK on 11-12-2006 at 11:46 PM

OK, now go back and read what I said.

quote:

RE: RE: My remote assistance suddenly stops... by lrac522 on 11-12-2006 at 11:51 PM

quote:
OK, now go back and read what I said.
quote:

Help me out here, I am lost... Why would it say Windows Messenger, a program i'm not running?
RE: My remote assistance suddenly stops... by RaceProUK on 11-13-2006 at 12:06 AM

Because features like Remote Assistance and Whiteboard depend on components only available in Windows Messenger.
Try the latest version, which should be available from Microsoft directly.

Edit: OMG, even Microsoft get confused! There's a screenshot of MSN Messenger on that page!

RE: RE: My remote assistance suddenly stops... by lrac522 on 11-13-2006 at 12:18 AM

quote:
Because features like Remote Assistance and Whiteboard depend on components only available in Windows Messenger.
Try the latest version, which should be available from Microsoft directly.

Edit: OMG, even Microsoft get confused! There's a screenshot of MSN Messenger on that page!

Cheers for that man!(Y)