Shoutbox

[HELP!] Greater Torontonians: Hi-Speed Internet - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: [HELP!] Greater Torontonians: Hi-Speed Internet (/showthread.php?tid=68423)

[HELP!] Greater Torontonians: Hi-Speed Internet by Nagamasa on 11-14-2006 at 02:05 AM

Hello all you fellow GTians (Val, trax, Steven,etc.)

My friend is getting hi-speed, and they and I have no clue which plan or company they should go with. My dear wonderful experts, can you please provide me with good opinions (and why)?

Many thanks from Nagamasa.

RE: [HELP!] Greater Torontonians: Hi-Speed Internet by LoochTheMan on 11-14-2006 at 02:24 AM

I have Rogers highspeed and it has been pretty stable and reliable (with a few random exceptions). No complaints, not sure which plan i'm on though, but reliable nevertheless.

RE: [HELP!] Greater Torontonians: Hi-Speed Internet by Nagamasa on 11-14-2006 at 02:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by LoochTheMan
I have Rogers highspeed and it has been pretty stable and reliable (with a few random exceptions). No complaints, not sure which plan i'm on though, but reliable nevertheless.

Ok. Ummm....do you know exactly which plan do you have??

What I mean is like Ultra-Lite, Lite, Express, and Extreme

http://www.shoprogers.com/store/cable/internetcontent/compare_RCI.asp
RE: [HELP!] Greater Torontonians: Hi-Speed Internet by LoochTheMan on 11-14-2006 at 02:32 AM

To be honest I am not 100% sure but I think its the Express package. Regardless I would look into a Rogers Hi-speed service due to personal experience. Maybe some other opinions will be of more help.

RE: [HELP!] Greater Torontonians: Hi-Speed Internet by lizard.boy on 11-14-2006 at 02:40 AM

I have rogers high speed extreme. I never seem to have slow times or connection issues*.

* i used to have connection issues, but it was sorted by fixing the split on the cable coming into the house.

RE: [HELP!] Greater Torontonians: Hi-Speed Internet by Nagamasa on 11-14-2006 at 02:43 AM

Well my friend is the type of family that doesnt use their computers a whole lot. Its just that my friend needs to use the Internet more often, and a slightly faster connection than dial-up. So I dont think Extreme would do that good for them...

RE: [HELP!] Greater Torontonians: Hi-Speed Internet by lizard.boy on 11-14-2006 at 03:59 AM

Roger's high speed lite, or ultra lite, depending on budget should do fine then, and depending on how intense that somewhat more often internet usage is.
Bell's Basic or Basic lite shouldn't be a bad choice either. I have no real bias towards either company at the moment, but i will admit that I've never personally had bell.