Shoutbox

Download problem solved! But after installing it doesn't appear in WLM...?? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Download problem solved! But after installing it doesn't appear in WLM...?? (/showthread.php?tid=68430)

Download problem solved! But after installing it doesn't appear in WLM...?? by alexxia on 11-14-2006 at 08:05 AM

Few days ago I updated my Windows Live Messenger into 8.1 and my Messenger Plus! Live automaticly lost. I thought that maybe the older version is not compatible with it, and now when I try to download new Messanger Plus Live I simply can not download it fully! It always stops somewhere in the middle of the dowload. :(
I didn't have any problems before with Windows live Messenger and Messenger Plus! so I don't get it.
   If you have any idea, please help! :S

Thanks in advance,

Alexxia

RE: Download problem!! Please, help! by zach on 11-14-2006 at 08:52 AM

Are you trying to download it from this link?

RE: Download problem!! Please, help! by alexxia on 11-14-2006 at 09:04 AM

I am trying to download it from this site. I don't know if it is the same link you put above but it loading it like for hours!!

RE: Download problem!! Please, help! by zach on 11-14-2006 at 09:23 AM

Here's the mirror (another link), try that.

RE: Download problem!! Please, help! by alexxia on 11-14-2006 at 09:38 AM

The same problem still. Duh, it's driving me nuts!!! :@

RE: Download problem!! Please, help! by Menthix on 11-14-2006 at 10:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou in [url
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=68309&pid=752228#pid752228]Note[/url] to everybody: if any of you got a corrupted file from the server, please do send it to me in a zip file at mplus@patchou.com so that I can take a look at what is going wrong. Thank you.

If the download fails from the official site (http://www.msgpluslive.net/download/), please put the corrupted (half downloaded) .exe file in a compressed ZIP archive and send it to mplus@patchou.com. Corrupted downloads is a problem that always seems to return every release for random users, by sending the info Patchou might be able to fix the problem once and for all. Including basic information like download time/date and which country you're in and ISP might be useful.

After that, delete any half downloaded/corrupted file that is still there and empty your browser cache. Then download the new Plus! from http://random.menthix.net/MsgPlusLive-410.exe
RE: Download problem!! Please, help! by alexxia on 11-14-2006 at 10:54 AM

Ok, I will try to do that and let you know about it later. Thank you! :)

Ok, I sent it to Patchou. I hope it will help. I am downloading it now from the link you gave me... it's going too damn slow for now.  LOL!
I hope it will be succsessfull this time. Ill let ya know. Thanks a lot! :)
Damn it, the same thing still!! It just stopped in the middle and showed like it's complete! Any more sugestions, I'm desparate!!:cry:
RE: Download problem!! Please, help! by alexxia on 11-14-2006 at 01:42 PM

Nope. It says: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged.

Hell, I don't believe this! Grrr!!!

RE: Download problem!! Please, help! by Sunshine on 11-14-2006 at 01:49 PM

alexxia, turn off the downloadmanager if you use one and save the file to disk before trying to run it (on download choose "save" not "run").

Adding another mirror here for you to download from, my site. First clear your cache (tools >internetoptions from your browser..click remove files button below temp internetfiles). Click the image in my sig, go to files page then onto Plus!Live...after you clicked download choose "Local" (so you'll get the zip file off my site, not get redirected to Plus! site).

RE: Download problem!! Please, help! by alexxia on 11-14-2006 at 05:13 PM

Can't download it fully either! And when I try to open it says that it's not valid archive. But the download isn't complete. I don't get it. Maybe it is something with my puter, and I have no idea what! Everything else I can download without any problems...   :(

RE: Download problem!! Please, help! by alexxia on 11-14-2006 at 06:09 PM

Thank you so much, Dazzy! :)
But now there is another problem... I have it but when I install it, it simply doesn't appear in my WLM 8.1! 8o|

RE: Download problem solved! But after installing it doesn't appear in WLM...?? by duck! on 11-14-2006 at 06:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by alexxia
Thank you so much, Dazzy! :)
But now there is another problem... I have it but when I install it, it simply doesn't appear in my WLM 8.1! 8o|

Try getting 8.0 since 8.1 is still a BETA,
http://get.live.com/messenger/overview
RE: Download problem solved! But after installing it doesn't appear in WLM...?? by taden0 on 11-14-2006 at 06:47 PM

I have same problems. When I install 4.10 I get welcome and settings window but there are no menus, colors and other plus! stuff! I use Vista 64bit.

RE: Download problem solved! But after installing it doesn't appear in WLM...?? by alexxia on 11-14-2006 at 07:13 PM

Noodle, are you sure 8.0 is compatible with 4.10??

RE: Download problem solved! But after installing it doesn't appear in WLM...?? by alexxia on 11-14-2006 at 07:17 PM

hmm.... ok then I will try to get back on 8.0...   :)

or maybe not.... I have some cool stuff that requires 8.1....  :S

RE: Download problem solved! But after installing it doesn't appear in WLM...?? by alexxia on 11-16-2006 at 06:40 PM

Ok now. I tried to uninstall msn 8.1 and download and install it again. After that i installed again messenger plus and the thing I got is configuration wizard which didn't appeard first time I tried. But even after that I simply don't have it in my WLM 8.1! It just didn't integrate.  :|