Shoutbox

error 115 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: error 115 (/showthread.php?tid=68433)

error 115 by Rubber Stamp on 11-14-2006 at 10:33 AM

i am using a 80 GB Seagate serial ATA hard disk, and it was running fine till a few hours earlier, after i installed a fresh copy of windows xp on it two days back. but all of a sudden, it restarted and now, i am getting a "error 115" before boot, and i am redirected to BIOS setup. i get the error even when i set the primary boot device as the cd rom. please help me with this. do you think reinsalling windows will help?
please help me out.

RE: error 115 by Jarrod on 11-14-2006 at 11:12 AM

do you have a pata hard disk handy?
if you do, do you  use imaging software such as ghost of powerquest?

RE: error 115 by foaly on 11-14-2006 at 11:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Rubber Stamp
i get the error even when i set the primary boot device as the cd rom
but if you get this error when booting from cd-rom, then how do you want to reïnstall windows?
RE: error 115 by Jarrod on 11-14-2006 at 11:21 AM

yes he might still have the sata disk plugged in should try unplugging it.
and my 2nd question was the ghost software if some1 he knew was running the same or similar configeration (same unless u don't mind tweaking boot.ini) make an image of that disk restore it on to the new hard drive..

RE: error 115 by Eddie on 11-14-2006 at 11:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by foaly
quote:
Originally posted by Rubber Stamp
i get the error even when i set the primary boot device as the cd rom
but if you get this error when booting from cd-rom, then how do you want to reïnstall windows?
Hmmm i think he means that he gets the error when Windows XP is booting, so if he puts the Windows CD in it wont load XP it will just load the setup, so it would work. I think :S
RE: error 115 by Rubber Stamp on 11-14-2006 at 11:32 AM

no actually, i get this error, and it directs me to the BIOS setup. from there, if i select "discard changes and exit", it boots the cd. if i select "save and exit", then it restarts the computer and i end up again at error 115. so thats how i will reinstall windows. should i do that?

RE: error 115 by foaly on 11-14-2006 at 11:38 AM

if you get the error before it tries to boot I seriously doubt reïnstalling windows will work... sounds to me that if it's your harddisk it crashes on the mem test...

RE: error 115 by Jarrod on 11-14-2006 at 11:38 AM

so you get the something like
searching or boot record on cd......
error 115