Shoutbox

[request]download percentage - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [request]download percentage (/showthread.php?tid=68448)

[request]download percentage by elektra on 11-14-2006 at 08:40 PM

Is there a script that displays the percentage of a download going and displays it in your psm. example below

Downloading: Windows live messenger | Percentage: 28.4% | Speed: 34kbps

I tried a search didnt find anything so would some one please attempt this script

RE: [request]download percentage by MicroWay on 11-14-2006 at 10:29 PM

Sorry, I don't know exactly if it's possible, but, I think if it's possible, it would be hard to make the script "run" with IE, recognise (sorry if it's wrong writed) a donwload, "read" the info and pass it to your PSM...
But... it would be better to listen a second and more experient opinion...
;)

RE: [request]download percentage by Supersonicdarky on 11-14-2006 at 10:34 PM

i thought this was about percentage of file transfer...

...i'd like that :$

RE: [request]download percentage by AmbulanceX on 11-16-2006 at 02:33 AM

percentage of a download in what program? IE firefox opera azeurus limewire steam? uhhh? what would actually be useful is a download bar in the msn window so when u friends sending u some or your sending them something instead of having to scroll up and see wheres its at, something on the bottom that says percentage, speed and eta...

RE: [request]download percentage by AmbulanceX on 11-16-2006 at 03:30 AM

Dazmatic is that for your bittorrent?

RE: RE: [request]download percentage by Mizery_Made on 11-16-2006 at 05:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by AmbulanceX
percentage of a download in what program? IE firefox opera azeurus limewire steam? uhhh? what would actually be useful is a download bar in the msn window so when u friends sending u some or your sending them something instead of having to scroll up and see wheres its at, something on the bottom that says percentage, speed and eta...

I would LOVE something like this, there was a program addon for Messenger Plus 3 which did something similar, only it created a seperate window much like a DL in IE, but that would be better.

I think this program has been ported to a script for Plus! 4 but hasn't been officially released and was only beta. I tested it once and it seemed as though it wasn't functional at all, this was a while ago and haven't seen anything on it since. :\

Though, the poster of this thread should probably clarify a little more on what they're asking for.
RE: [request]download percentage by Spunky on 11-16-2006 at 03:22 PM

It wouldn't be a great idea to put this in your PSM as it would update to often to be seen by people (much like swimming PSM).

A seperate downloads window that can display all current downloads (per user?) would be nice though. Much in the same way that FF has a download window...

RE: [request]download percentage by Spunky on 11-16-2006 at 03:43 PM

Then there wouldn't really be a point in showing speeds (unless you used average speeds for that minute).

Also, you gotta find away to find out speeds per download, not just traffic else they could be affected by browsers etc.

RE: [request]download percentage by elektra on 11-16-2006 at 06:26 PM

Well i would want it to support bitcomet,limewire and IE7
it can update every minute or 2 minutes

RE: [request]download percentage by Jimbo on 11-16-2006 at 07:30 PM

Lol, i saw something like this in !felu!'s WLM psm, im not sure if it was a script though, maybe he was just updating it himself every minute...

RE: [request]download percentage by Plan-1130 on 11-17-2006 at 07:02 PM

I think he means a certain download through wlm itself...
And updating your nickname every few seconds won't work, and since most downloads really aren't bigger than a few kBs updating every minute isn't quite an option either.

Also since Plus! can't figure out if you are running any downloads, let alone retrieve information about it. You'd need to find out that information yourself, which is quite some work actually.

RE: [request]download percentage by AmbulanceX on 11-20-2006 at 10:56 AM

i could go a script telling total traffic, uploads and downloads.. just like my google desktop sidebar does.. i find it reallyt handy... dont think i would use the script but it could be cool ha ha.

RE: [request]download percentage by Antrax` on 11-20-2006 at 05:49 PM

When I'm sending/recieving file throug WLM all I see is progress bar and how big the file is and how many Kb/s left. It would be better if we could see this information in % and showing speed at wich the file is sending/recieving that would be very nice!

RE: [request]download percentage by elektra on 11-20-2006 at 05:51 PM

Like big downloads...ones bigger than 50MB so it will be able to update every minute....;)