Shoutbox

[Release] MSN Album Cover 0.9.0 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Release] MSN Album Cover 0.9.0 (/showthread.php?tid=68537)

[Release] MSN Album Cover 0.9.0 by KilianM on 11-16-2006 at 08:54 PM

MSN Album Cover is a plugin that will change your display picture with an Album Cover whenever you play a song.

[Image: MSNAlbumCover-thumb.jpg]
screenshot

Supports:

• Winamp with "Now Playing for MSN"(or similar) plugin
  • iTunes

Features:
  • Read album cover from ID3Tag and saves in local directory
  • Download album cover from internet
  • Read song directory for album cover
  • Default display picture settings (when no album cover can be found) [screenshot]
  • Option to enable or disable automatic downloads of album covers [screenshot]
  • Auto-updating

[download]
[website]

Install help:
  1. Install gen_msn (if you don't have it yet) [download here]
  2. Install Messenger Plus! (if you don't have it yet) [download here]
  3. Download and install MSN Album Cover (open it with Messenger Plus! script installer).
  4. You can see / change the default display picture (when no album cover is available) with "/msnac" or with using the Messenger Plus! menu. [screenshot]
  5. Enjoy.
    [/list]

Feel free to ask me for info or help :)

[UPDATE]
    - Read album cover from ID3Tag and saves in local directory (for performance).
    - Code revamp, some parts have a slight speed improvement.
    - Added option to enable or disable downloads of album covers.
    - Default DP will be displayed when song is stopped.
    - Fixed naming (caused difficult update), sorry for the trouble ^_^

Regards, KilianM

RE: [Release] MSN Album Cover 0.8 by Dane on 11-16-2006 at 09:02 PM

This would be even cooler if it automatically applied the Album Cover to the Song File and only downloaded the cover if the song was already missing a cover.  Great work though (y)!

RE: [Release] MSN Album Cover 0.8 by phalanxii on 11-17-2006 at 08:01 AM

This is a pretty awesome script! Good work man! :D

Everything works well, but a bit of feedback:

1. The display picture doesn't return to default when the music is stopped/closed. The debugger shows that the previous album directory is searched in, even though the artist and album are undefined:

code:
Artist: undefined
Album: undefined
Dir:C:\<...>\Fort Minor\The Rising Tied\
Default local albumcover found, loading..
Default local albumcover loaded.
2. ScriptInfo.xml :):
code:
<Name>MSN Album Cover</Name>
3. Is it possible to get this to work with SHOUTcast internet radio? This will mean that the art can't be saved, and the album cover search has to be done with title and artist. *-) Also, the SHOUTcast titles will need to be split by themselves for searching, because Winamp receives both the title and artist information as one title string from the radio server.

That's about it. Again, well done on the script! (Y)
RE: RE: [Release] MSN Album Cover 0.8 by KilianM on 11-17-2006 at 09:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Kobol
This would be even cooler if it automatically applied the Album Cover to the Song File and only downloaded the cover if the song was already missing a cover.

Nice idea! adding it to my TODO list :)

quote:
Originally posted by phalanxii
1. The display picture doesn't return to default when the music is stopped/closed. The debugger shows that the previous album directory is searched in, even though the artist and album are undefined
I'll look into it, thanks!

quote:
2. ScriptInfo.xml
:$

quote:
3. Is it possible to get this to work with SHOUTcast internet radio?

Hmm, might be bit hard, but if I got some free time I'll see what I can do.
I beleive not all shoutcast streams push the artist-title, and format can be different also.

Regards, Kilian
RE: [Release] MSN Album Cover 0.8 by pasheeni on 11-17-2006 at 09:19 AM

awsome script....good work.....works like a charm

RE: [Release] MSN Album Cover 0.8 by acm2000 on 11-17-2006 at 03:41 PM

how can i edit this to only display *.jpg in the local folder? cause it downloading from amazon for no reason and cluttering my mp3 folders is annoying :/

edit: my covers are stored as 00-foldername.jpg

RE: [Release] MSN Album Cover 0.8 by Mizery_Made on 11-18-2006 at 12:27 AM

I would love this script, if there was an option to turn of automatic searching for songs without images. Secondly, would it be possible to script this to also look in the MP3 itself, for the art? As I often store the art in the MP3 aswell as have the "Folder.jpg" for my Album Folders (which does no good for my loose songs)

RE: [Release] MSN Album Cover 0.8.7 by KilianM on 11-20-2006 at 05:12 PM

UPDATE

Reading album information from the mp3 is a bit harder since it has to be done through extern DLL loading, I didn't get this working so far.

RE: RE: [Release] MSN Album Cover 0.8.7 by Mizery_Made on 11-20-2006 at 06:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by KilianM
UPDATE

Reading album information from the mp3 is a bit harder since it has to be done through extern DLL loading, I didn't get this working so far.

How you toggle the Downloading On/Off?

And it's understandable about the Cover from the MP3 thing. Though, I must say, this seems to work nicely. (apart from not knowing how to turn DL off :P)
RE: RE: RE: [Release] MSN Album Cover 0.8.7 by KilianM on 11-20-2006 at 08:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mizery_Made

You can either use the Messenger Plus! menu (the Messenger Plus icon in chatscreens or contactlist) -> MSN Album Cover -> Options
Or you can use "/msnac" in a chatscreen.

Kilian
RE: RE: RE: RE: [Release] MSN Album Cover 0.8.7 by Mizery_Made on 11-20-2006 at 08:32 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mizery_Made

You can either use the Messenger Plus! menu (the Messenger Plus icon in chatscreens or contactlist) -> MSN Album Cover -> Options
Or you can use "/msnac" in a chatscreen.

Kilian

*Blinks* That just brings up the "Default DP" window. Hell, maybe it didn't update right. Sec, I'll try and re-install the script. :)

EDIT: Yep, that was the problem, apparently it didn't take, the first time I tried upgrading it. I tried again and ended up with two "MSN Album Cover" and "MSN Abum Cover." Just deleted the mispelled one and it's working now. :)
RE: [Release] MSN Album Cover 0.8.7 by KilianM on 11-20-2006 at 08:38 PM

quote:

Thing is, I bundled the script with a auto-updater... but somehow i miss spelled the name >_<
Anyways, that made the script not update right. So I made a version for the users that have the wrong version (MSN Abum Cover), that pops up a message which explains uninstall is needed and latest version should be downloaded from website. Guess you missed that message.

Sorries for the trouble, future updates won't have that anymore :)
RE: RE: [Release] MSN Album Cover 0.8.7 by Mizery_Made on 11-20-2006 at 08:51 PM

quote:
quote:

Thing is, I bundled the script with a auto-updater... but somehow i miss spelled the name >_<
Anyways, that made the script not update right. So I made a version for the users that have the wrong version (MSN Abum Cover), that pops up a message which explains uninstall is needed and latest version should be downloaded from website. Guess you missed that message.

Sorries for the trouble, future updates won't have that anymore :)

Haha, I think that was my problem. I didn't read it right or something and just ignored it. *Shifty Eyes*

Though, there does seem to be an issue with this new version. It doesn't seem to work. *Scratches Head*

I can switch to several songs that have a "folder.jpg" in their housing folder, and the DP doesn't change anymore. It did in the old version, but now it doesn't. I've tried with the "Download" option On & Off and both have the same result. (Nothing)
RE: [Release] MSN Album Cover 0.9.0 by KilianM on 11-21-2006 at 07:35 PM

[UPDATE]
- Read album cover from ID3Tag and saves in local directory (for performance).
- Code revamp, some parts have a slight speed improvement.

RE: [Release] MSN Album Cover 0.9.0 by Dane on 12-06-2006 at 05:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Script Debugger

Function called: OnEvent_MyMediaChange
Could not read path info of song, winamp/itunes not running?

I get that for every song I play now, Winamp 5 is running.  It worked the very first time right after install but thats it.  It's also worth noting that whenever I play 2 songs, it only downloads the first 2 covers, and after that, any song cover that wasnt previously downloaded isnt downloaded and the last songcover downloaded appears to be used.