Shoutbox

Re-create a window - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Re-create a window (/showthread.php?tid=68555)

Re-create a window by Jimbo on 11-17-2006 at 07:43 AM

is there any way to recreate this window but by using a script?

RE: Re-create a window by Stigmata on 11-17-2006 at 09:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbodude

if you referenced a seperate compiled program, such as a vb exec then you could create a form that looks similiar. But there wouldnt be a way of making a plus xml script window that looks the same.
RE: Re-create a window by markee on 11-17-2006 at 02:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
quote:

if you referenced a seperate compiled program, such as a vb exec then you could create a form that looks similiar. But there wouldnt be a way of making a plus xml script window that looks the same.

I would beg to differ.  What you need to do is to add the setting changes in "<WindowTmpl>" (the window template) in the xml to get rid of any border and anything like that, put the pic in the background and if you can try to photoshop the words out and put them in using <EditControl> so that it is also selectable (remember to use [url] tags for the hyperlink).  And finally you will need a couple of buttons (including close) to look like the ones there.  And make sure the window doesn't have anything allowed in <window><titlebar> either.

With all of this hard work you should have a great mock up of the window, just make sure you also have one like if you sen the error report just incase your victim press that button.
RE: RE: Re-create a window by pollolibredegrasa on 11-17-2006 at 02:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by markeeI would beg to differ.  What you need to do is to add the setting changes in "<WindowTmpl>" (the window template) in the xml to get rid of any border and anything like that, put the pic in the background and if you can try to photoshop the words out and put them in using <EditControl> so that it is also selectable (remember to use [url] tags for the hyperlink).  And finally you will need a couple of buttons (including close) to look like the ones there.  And make sure the window doesn't have anything allowed in <window><titlebar> either.

With all of this hard work you should have a great mock up of the window, just make sure you also have one like if you sen the error report just incase your victim press that button.

I thought about this too, and it WOULD work, but you have to take into account not everybody uses the same Windows theme, so invariably it would look wrong for some people (should you be distributing the script). However, if you know the theme in use, and that the theme is not likely to be changed, then is the way you would go about doing it.
RE: Re-create a window by markee on 11-17-2006 at 02:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by fatfreechicken
I thought about this too, and it WOULD work, but you have to take into account not everybody uses the same Windows theme, so invariably it would look wrong for some people (should you be distributing the script). However, if you know the theme in use, and that the theme is not likely to be changed, then is the way you would go about doing it.
Knowing Jimbodude, this will be another attempt at keeping his sister off WLM, he will only be looking at using it for himself, hence the reason why I didn't just make it myself.
RE: Re-create a window by Jimbo on 11-17-2006 at 07:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by markee
quote:
Originally posted by fatfreechicken
Knowing Jimbodude, this will be another attempt at keeping his sister off WLM, he will only be looking at using it for himself, hence the reason why I didn't just make it myself.
Well actually i am in the process of making a script like visitor control but rather than loggin out guests it shows different error messages(which you can set in the GUI)
RE: Re-create a window by EBFL on 11-17-2006 at 07:18 PM

quote:
There is no point? It does what it needs to do and it looks alright