Shoutbox

About a plug in for MSN Live 8 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: About a plug in for MSN Live 8 (/showthread.php?tid=68581)

About a plug in for MSN Live 8 by Dusk Distress on 11-17-2006 at 10:57 PM

I was wondering if exists a script that let me see who's online when my contacts are set as offline but they are online, got me? :P

Does someone know and help me?
:^)

RE: About a plug in for MSN Live 8 by Chris4 on 11-17-2006 at 11:00 PM

No, not possible.

And if your using Messenger Plus! Live, you mean a script not a plug-in ;)

If your not using Msg Plus! Live, I suggest upgrading ;)

RE: RE: About a plug in for MSN Live 8 by Dusk Distress on 11-17-2006 at 11:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
No, not possible.

And if your using Messenger Plus! Live, you mean a script not a plug-in ;)

If your not using Msg Plus! Live, I suggest upgrading ;)

Oooh yes i am sorry, i meant a script, does it exist? does someone know?
RE: About a plug in for MSN Live 8 by prashker on 11-17-2006 at 11:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dusk Distress
Oooh yes i am sorry, i meant a script, does it exist? does someone know?
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
No, not possible.

RE: About a plug in for MSN Live 8 by felipEx on 11-18-2006 at 01:16 AM

is plugin a file DLL activeX?
maybe it can work (A)

RE: RE: About a plug in for MSN Live 8 by MattyRid on 11-18-2006 at 01:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by afelipE_scripts
is plugin a file DLL activeX?
maybe it can work (A)

Still won't work.

Trying to see if someone is signed in appearing offline won't work. The same principle used for block checkers applies here.
RE: About a plug in for MSN Live 8 by felipEx on 11-18-2006 at 01:28 AM

the file must be in your script directory and add it in your scriptinfo.xml as olefile, do you try it?

RE: RE: About a plug in for MSN Live 8 by MattyRid on 11-18-2006 at 01:33 AM

quote:
the file must be in your script directory and add it in your scriptinfo.xml as olefile, do you try it?

OK you have misunderstood what the author of the script is asking....

the user asked if it was possible to see who's online on their when their contacts are set as offline but they are signed into messenger.

Basically as already stated, no matter what you do it won't work.

And I added to the reason based on your post which to my understanding was "maybe if you use a dll file" to which I said it is not possible as the same principle as a block checker applies.
RE: About a plug in for MSN Live 8 by felipEx on 11-18-2006 at 04:45 AM

if there is a plugin to do this, maybe it can be invoked from the script (A)

RE: RE: About a plug in for MSN Live 8 by FineWolf on 11-18-2006 at 05:00 AM

quote:
if there is a plugin to do this, maybe it can be invoked from the script (A)

IT IS SIMPLY IMPOSSIBLE...

WHY:

The Messenger's server sends to YOU the code for OFFLINE when a contact is set to APPEAR OFFLINE and when a contact is really OFFLINE, SO NO DISTINCTION WHATSOEVER IS POSSIBLE BETWEEN THE TWO STATUSES. Only  the server knows if a user is currently APPEARING OFFLINE, and NO, there is no way to get what the server knows. The server only sends you what it wants you to know, which means that the server sends you the OFFLINE code as the server only wants you to know that the user is OFFLINE.

afelipE_scripts, forget about it. Impossible, won't happen, there is no way.

Impossible via a plugin,
Impossible via a script,
Impossible via a script invoking a plugin,
Impossible via a proxy controled by a plugin,
Impossible via a proxy controled by a plugin invoked by a script,
Impossible by modifing MSN,
Impossible...
RE: About a plug in for MSN Live 8 by felipEx on 11-18-2006 at 05:10 AM

i don't know, i have read "Working with Scripts
From Plugins to Scripts (MPLive Scripting Documentation)", it is a incorrect way but it can work..

working with activeX Objects 8-)

RE: RE: About a plug in for MSN Live 8 by MattyRid on 11-18-2006 at 05:16 AM

quote:
i don't know, i have read "Working with Scripts
From Plugins to Scripts (MPLive Scripting Documentation)", it is a incorrect way but it can work..

working with activeX Objects 8-)

how many people and how many posts will it take for you to understand that NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO IT WILL NOT WORK.

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=30637

Have a read of that post by Chrono as to why Block Checkers don't work and then realise that it will not work in this situation as well
RE: About a plug in for MSN Live 8 by felipEx on 11-18-2006 at 05:30 AM

Well, I will shut up myself :P

exist the way, but i I don't wanna comment nothing that this verifying...

have a nice day :)

RE: About a plug in for MSN Live 8 by Plan-1130 on 11-18-2006 at 07:33 AM

Actually it is possible, but not really through scripts, and not legal at all.
You could crack the servers and do very complicated things, but nobody will ever help you with that, and it would take ages and more ages for you to even get close to getting 1 contact's true status.
Also your way won't exist very long (let's say a week) as Microsoft takes security very seriously and will secure their servers even more, even if that would mean certain features will be disabled (this way you'd ruin it for everyone, and everyone will hate you, disgust you) and will sue you whenever they get the chance.

My advice to you is: go get a life and friends who won't block you, or risk death by going all through the above.

Good luck and have a nice day yourself...

RE: About a plug in for MSN Live 8 by John Anderton on 11-18-2006 at 10:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by FineWolf
Impossible...
Well what if you are signed in as appear off line and assuming you are in my contact list, i would see you as off line, correct?
Now if i were to manage to get a dll onto your pc which would hook into your wlm and get triggered when ever you set your mode to appear offline, i could get this dll to send me a message (via a private server or directly to my ip. However i please)
Thus i'd know your true status.

Everything depends upon the fact that i can get this dll on your pc. I know doing this is illegal so don't even think about it. But "technically" it isn't (and i quote) "impossible" now is it? ;)
RE: RE: About a plug in for MSN Live 8 by FineWolf on 11-18-2006 at 04:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
quote:
Originally posted by FineWolf
Impossible...
Well what if you are signed in as appear off line and assuming you are in my contact list, i would see you as off line, correct?
Now if i were to manage to get a dll onto your pc which would hook into your wlm and get triggered when ever you set your mode to appear offline, i could get this dll to send me a message (via a private server or directly to my ip. However i please)
Thus i'd know your true status.

Everything depends upon the fact that i can get this dll on your pc. I know doing this is illegal so don't even think about it. But "technically" it isn't (and i quote) "impossible" now is it? ;)

The whole point of the thread here is to do the detection on your own computer, not on your contact's PC... And then again, your solution has a flaw: it would require the DLL to have your IP address to send the packet (or the use of a DNS server). And it will most likely be detected by a firewall. And then again, it is illegal.

So legally, this is an impossible thing to do.

And no, Plan-1130, you can't "CRACK" the server.

And yes afilipE_scripts, it is IMPOSSIBLE to do with ACTIVEX, which are essentially exactly the same as plug ins (OLE = ACTIVEX, OLE part of COM,  plug ins is an COM object). So please stop telling people that it is possible when it fact it is apparent that you have no knowledge whatsoever regarding OLE interaction, client/server side protocols and networking. You keep going from thread to thread saying that stuff is possible without knowledge, and it gets really annoying. STOP IT. As you said, you don't know, so SHUT IT.

(Sorry for the overly negative last paragraph, but I'm getting pissed at people who doesn't have a clue and that answers with pathetic "but maybe if". And I'm getting pissed that I can't give reputation because no one bothers to give me positive points).