Shoutbox

[Release] @ScriptDev - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Release] @ScriptDev (/showthread.php?tid=68582)

[Release] @ScriptDev by phalanxii on 11-17-2006 at 11:01 PM

- @ScriptDev -

A simple script adding useful shortcuts for script developers.

Features:

- Show Script Debugging
- Open Interface Tester
- Open Scripting Documentation
- Open JScript Language Reference (MSDN)
- Open Windows Script Host Reference (MSDN)
- Open Scripting Run-Time Reference (MSDN)
- Open Regular Expression Syntax (MSDN)
- Open Messenger Plus! Live Main Directory
- Open Messenger Plus! Live Scripts Directory
- Open Messenger Plus! Live Individual Script Directory
- Go to Messenger Plus! Live Forums (http://shoutbox.menthix.net/)
- Go to Messenger Plus! Live Script Developer Resource (http://www.mpscripts.net/)

Notes:

- Scripting Documentation (MPLScripting.chm) must be placed in Messenger Plus! Live Main Directory
- Interface Tester (MPInterfaceTester.exe) must be placed in Messenger Plus! Live Main Directory

Screenshot:

[Image: scriptdevfh5.png]

I just made this script to make accessing different things a bit easier. Most of you probably won't find this useful, but it's there for you to use. :) Also, if there's anything that you wanted added to the menu, feel free to suggest.
RE: [Release] @ScriptDev by Huhu_Manix on 11-18-2006 at 12:27 AM

Good idea ! That's useful ! (Y);)

RE: [Release] @ScriptDev by Felu on 11-18-2006 at 03:30 AM

Nice. How about adding hot keys for each of them and also a configuration window to edit the hot keys?

For Hot Keys look into HooperLive's code, it has it i guess unless its using the dll.

RE: [Release] @ScriptDev by deAd on 11-18-2006 at 03:37 AM

Yes it does use the dll, but actually you can use a hidden plus window along with API calls and PlusWnd.RegisterMessageNotification (new function!) to create your own.

RE: [Release] @ScriptDev by Matti on 11-18-2006 at 09:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by deAd
Yes it does use the dll, but actually you can use a hidden plus window along with API calls and PlusWnd.RegisterMessageNotification (new function!) to create your own.
But that would mean that the window is always activate, no? So you can't activate any other windows? ^o)

BTW, nice script! (y) This saves me lots of time to browse to my scripts folder and looking for my references. :)
RE: [Release] @ScriptDev by phalanxii on 11-18-2006 at 09:52 AM

Thanks for the replies, everyone! I actually have no idea how to implement hotkeys, and the HopperLive script looks really complicated to me so... can anyone teach me? :)

Btw, I don't mind if you add more shortcuts to the script yourself. Only one condition: if it's a good shortcut, please share! :D

RE: RE: [Release] @ScriptDev by Matti on 11-18-2006 at 10:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by phalanxii
Only one condition: if it's a good shortcut, please share! :D

Well, maybe this can come handy. It's the Individual Control Information. It's a reference of all (?) available window controls with their messages, notifications, macros,... and it's quite useful IMO. :)

This one's also a nice addition: a list of all messages with their numeric value. I've found the link on the irc chat, and it really helps a lot.
RE: [Release] @ScriptDev by Dempsey on 11-18-2006 at 10:56 AM

Very nice script :)

BTW where do we get MPInterfaceTester.exe from?

RE: [Release] @ScriptDev by Felu on 11-18-2006 at 11:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
http://download.msgpluslive.net/extras/MPInterfaceTester.zip
RE: [Release] @ScriptDev by Dempsey on 11-18-2006 at 11:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by -!Felu!-
quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
http://download.msgpluslive.net/extras/MPInterfaceTester.zip
Cheers :)
RE: [Release] @ScriptDev by deAd on 11-18-2006 at 03:12 PM

the interface tester is included in the documentation (there's a link) -- but I don't think you're supposed to redistribute it...

quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
quote:
Originally posted by deAd
But that would mean that the window is always activate, no? So you can't activate any other windows? ^o)
No, it will be invisible so it can't be activated. Also, the hotkeys would be registered with WM_SETHOTKEY (or something like that :P) or the global RegisterHotKey function, and messages are sent to the window when the hotkeys are pressed.

quote:
I actually have no idea how to implement hotkeys, and the HopperLive script looks really complicated to me so... can anyone teach me? :)
See above and my first post in this thread.
RE: [Release] @ScriptDev by matty on 11-19-2006 at 08:46 PM

code:
var WM_USER = 0x0400;
var HK_GETKEY = (WM_USER+2);
var HK_SETKEY = (WM_USER+1);

function OnEvent_Initalize(bMessengerStart){
    WndSubclass = MsgPlus.CreateWnd('myWindow.xml', 'myWindow', 2 /* Used to not activate the window */);
    WndSubclass.RegisterMessageNotification(WM_HOTKEY); /* Register the hotkey message */

var lRet = Interop.Call('user32', 'RegisterHotKey', WndSubclass, 0x001, hibyte(dHotKey), lobyte(dHotKey));
}

function OnWndSubclassEvent_MessageNotification(pPlusWnd, nMessage, wParam, lParam){
    switch(nMessage){
        case WM_HOTKEY:
            //Do whatever   
            break;
    }
}

function lobyte(w){ return w & 0xff; }
function hibyte(w){ return w >> 8; }

This is the basics, now when you are setting the hotkey to the HotkeyControl you use HK_SetKey and to get the key you use HK_GetKey along with SendMessageW.
RE: [Release] @ScriptDev by NanaFreak on 11-20-2006 at 08:57 AM

hey i have a suggestion for you.... would you be able to make a option to go to the script section of the MP!L preferences window??

RE: [Release] @ScriptDev by phalanxii on 11-20-2006 at 09:44 AM

Thanks for all the help, Matty and deAd. I haven't had any experience using functions like Interop.Call or the Windows API, so I'm having trouble getting the hotkey code to work. :S Furthermore, I have exams starting this week, so I don't have any time to work on scripting... :(

If anyone does have time, I would have no problem with if they wanted to take over working on this script.

As for the preferences window, that is (again) something that I have no clue how to do.

Sorry for not being able to do much with this script (I've only been scripting for about 3 months). If you can do any of the suggestions, by all means, feel free to do it! I better get studying now... *-)

RE: [Release] @ScriptDev by Dempsey on 11-20-2006 at 09:56 AM

quote:
Thanks for all the help, Matty and deAd. I haven't had any experience using functions like Interop.Call or the Windows API, so I'm having trouble getting the hotkey code to work. :S Furthermore, I have exams starting this week, so I don't have any time to work on scripting... :(

If anyone does have time, I would have no problem with if they wanted to take over working on this script.

As for the preferences window, that is (again) something that I have no clue how to do.

Sorry for not being able to do much with this script (I've only been scripting for about 3 months). If you can do any of the suggestions, by all means, feel free to do it! I better get studying now... *-)
You've done a great job so far and its a very useful idea :)  If no-one else does then I will continue to develop this great script, adding more options, such as choosing to show/hide menu items and adding custom values.