Shoutbox

Are the notes you can on contacts gone? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Are the notes you can on contacts gone? (/showthread.php?tid=68629)

Are the notes you can on contacts gone? by tom_and_nic on 11-19-2006 at 06:21 AM

Are the notes you can on contacts gone? I upgraded to MSG Live and MSG PLUS LIVE.. and I no longer have the option to add notes about/info about my contacts. Hope you know what I mean.

If its not an option on LIVE.. any plans to add it?

Thanks
Tom

RE: Are the notes you can on contacts gone? by MattyRid on 11-19-2006 at 06:48 AM

The only time custom names MAY return to Messenger Plus! Live is if Microsoft do NOT develop the Nickname Feature within Windows Live Messenger itself any further.

And there is currently no option to port info from Plus! 3 into the Nickname feature for Windows Live Messenger.

RE: Are the notes you can on contacts gone? by tom_and_nic on 11-19-2006 at 07:21 AM

I mean the contact information notes that you could say write in "their b-day is..." 

It was under --> Contact information

and in the old version stored in
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\<YourLoginEmail>\Contacts\<ContactHash>\Notes

When I go to contact information now I no longer see it.

Thanks for your help/reply.

RE: Are the notes you can on contacts gone? by MattyRid on 11-19-2006 at 07:23 AM

That is not in the currently a feature which may return in a future release due to the fact that Windows Live Messenger also has this feature and it will depend on how and if Microsoft develops that feature.

RE: Are the notes you can on contacts gone? by tom_and_nic on 11-19-2006 at 07:44 AM

Thanks for your help.