Shoutbox

How... (to become 'Official Tester') - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: How... (to become 'Official Tester') (/showthread.php?tid=68682)

How... (to become 'Official Tester') by EBFL on 11-20-2006 at 04:07 PM

I would like to be a 'Official Tester'
But how do i become one?

RE: How... by user35870 on 11-20-2006 at 04:08 PM

You can't , they were selected a long time ago for Messenger Plus! Live, you'll have to wait for another testing phase to open to apply.

RE: How... by EBFL on 11-20-2006 at 04:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris UK
You can't , they were selected a long time ago for Messenger Plus! Live, you'll have to wait for another testing phase to open to apply.
Do you think another testing phase will open soon?
RE: How... by user35870 on 11-20-2006 at 04:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by EnglandBoyForLife.

Not Sure, as Messenger Plus! Live 4.10 was just recently released. It just depends really, generally they select new testers for major version updates.
RE: How... by EBFL on 11-20-2006 at 04:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris UK
quote:

Not Sure, as Messenger Plus! Live 4.10 was just recently released. It just depends really, generally they select new testers for major version updates.
Oh. I was also going to ask about how to be a translator but i only know english and even if i did know a different language it'd be the same way of applying?
RE: How... by markee on 11-20-2006 at 05:20 PM

No, there are groups of people who translate.  You would have to ask one of the groups on in the translation sub-forum.  But as you said, useless information as you only know english.

RE: How... (to become 'Official Tester') by matty on 11-21-2006 at 01:10 AM

Beta testing of Messenger Plus! Live 4.11 is already undergo. Patchou has used the same Beta Testing list since the beginning of 4.0. The next major version may have the opportunity to Apply to test. Most testers are Trusted Members and Friends of Patchou its rare that people that have been here for a short while become testers.

RE: How... (to become 'Official Tester') by Jimbo on 11-21-2006 at 07:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
Beta testing of Messenger Plus! Live 4.11 is already undergo. Patchou has used the same Beta Testing list since the beginning of 4.0. The next major version may have the opportunity to Apply to test. Most testers are Trusted Members and Friends of Patchou its rare that people that have been here for a short while become testers.
So have i got a good chance of becoming a tester, or not?
RE: How... (to become 'Official Tester') by Kenji on 11-21-2006 at 11:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbodude
quote:
probably not...
RE: How... (to become 'Official Tester') by EBFL on 11-21-2006 at 11:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dazmatic
quote:
quote:
probably not...
Why hasnt he?
RE: How... (to become 'Official Tester') by user27089 on 11-21-2006 at 12:31 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dazmatic
quote:
quote:
probably not...
Why hasnt he?

Because of the reasons stated above.

Most of the beta testers are people who Patchou trusts and has chosen himself, you can't just apply to be beta testers, Patchou takes it very seriously and doesn't just let any random people become them, unlike Microsoft.
RE: How... (to become 'Official Tester') by EBFL on 11-21-2006 at 12:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Most of the beta testers are people who Patchou trusts and has chosen himself, you can't just apply to be beta testers, Patchou takes it very seriously and doesn't just let any random people become them,
Damn :(
quote:
unlike Microsoft.
Atleast im a tester with them :grin:
RE: How... (to become 'Official Tester') by Stigmata on 11-21-2006 at 04:46 PM

quote:
you can't just apply to be beta testers,

That isnt quite correct....

Remember this thread?
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=55188

But yes, there was a chance to apply for being a beta tester, but the beta testers who were selected were chosen because they were people who Patchou trusts.
RE: How... (to become 'Official Tester') by Knucks on 11-21-2006 at 06:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata

Remember this thread?
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=55188
I sure do, man that was some time ago now. :) I remember hoping to get in too. :P