Shoutbox

offline nudge is not fair!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: offline nudge is not fair!! (/showthread.php?tid=68787)

offline nudge is not fair!! by JYap on 11-23-2006 at 09:15 PM

you get nudged from people who are offline...but you can't get them back!!!

i know it's stupid to be able to send people who are offline nudges...but what if you're already in a conversation with them.... surely something can detect the deference from not connected and connected...

plzz a script to get the offline nudgers back!!

:P

RE: offline nudge is not fair!! by EBFL on 11-23-2006 at 09:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JYap

i know it's stupid to be able to send people who are offline nudges...but what if you're already in a conversation with them.... surely something can detect the deference from not connected and connected...

You can't send nudges to a contact that is on appear offline, :sad:
RE: offline nudge is not fair!! by MicroWay on 11-23-2006 at 09:35 PM

Yeahh... And even with NudgeBack, you would recieve a message that you can't nudge an offline contact...
;)

RE: offline nudge is not fair!! by MeEtc on 11-23-2006 at 09:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by EnglandBoyForLife.
You can't send nudges to a contact that is on appear offline,
That's the entire problem. If you're in appear offline, and have allow talking in appear offline, then you can still send nudges?

how about some pseudocode?
code:
when a nudge is received
   if contact is online
      then play nudge
      else don't play nudge

RE: offline nudge is not fair!! by MicroWay on 11-23-2006 at 09:41 PM

Wait... just explaining...
People that are in appear offline can nudge people that isin't offline. The same is for online people...

So... if you're online you can nudge other online people (without the offline contacts). If you're are as offline, you can nudge online people, but not recieve nudges...

And... If a contact nudges you, i suggest you block him or change your status to offline...
Or, if you don't like nudge's shake, you can apply the A-Patch. But remember that this will stop the shaking for ALL nudges recieved...
;)

Edit: Liked the ideas of Dazmatic and Quacky... (Y) (Didn't create a new reply to say this)

RE: offline nudge is not fair!! by Kenji on 11-23-2006 at 09:44 PM

Hmm... i think the appear offline is dodgy, MS should not let people that are in appear offline mode nudge anyone in the first place.

EDIT:

quote:
Originally posted by quacky
Why not get Offline blocker, it blocks everyone who is appearing offline, so they cant nudge you unless they go online
Offline blocker is dodgy, i had it and it would unblock contacts that i blocked myself, andsometimes wouldnt unblock people.
RE: offline nudge is not fair!! by elektra on 11-23-2006 at 09:44 PM

Why not get Offline blocker, it blocks everyone who is appearing offline, so they cant nudge you unless they go online

RE: offline nudge is not fair!! by Nagamasa on 11-23-2006 at 11:16 PM

Microsoft will need to get rid of this. It like I keep on spamming you, but you cant do anything to stop it.

They better make a second 8.1 beta to stop this...

BTW...does anyone know whats happening to 8.1 beta? It seems to be beta-ed with no future to it...

RE: offline nudge is not fair!! by sljaxon on 11-28-2006 at 12:48 AM

Just turn off nudges Tools > Options > Messages > uncheck "Allow me to send and recieve nudges."

RE: offline nudge is not fair!! by Hank on 11-28-2006 at 11:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by JYap

turn Nudging off if it pisses you off so much  that you cant send them one back or dont complain about it
RE: offline nudge is not fair!! by MicroWay on 11-28-2006 at 01:31 PM

I don't know for you guys, but for me, when turned off nudges, it only don't allowed me to send one... But I recieved all (with window shaking and all...)...
And I think that turning off/on it's...:S
I think we need to wait to see what are going to happen...