Shoutbox

Read this, i think its a brilliant idea - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Read this, i think its a brilliant idea (/showthread.php?tid=68805)

Read this, i think its a brilliant idea by Ickbal on 11-24-2006 at 06:17 PM

Ok, IF its possible, i would love this.
Say i was talking to two people, and, lets name them matt and tucker, and matt sent me a song and tucker sent me an image, They would go to:
Tuckers image: C:\Documents and Settings\Tom\My Documents\My Received Files\Tucker\Images\example.jpg
Matts Sound: C:\Documents and Settings\Tom\My Documents\My Received Files\Matt\Audio\example.mp3

So, each contact would have his or her own folder, with 3 folders contained in that, Images, Sounds and EXE's, and anything that doesnt fit, goes into the persons folder [or maybe into an 'other' folder]

If you dont understand me [since it sounds like complete crap] please just reply, and tell me that im talking poop, and ill re write what i mean.. thanks incase you can <3

RE: Read this, i think its a brilliant idea by Eljay on 11-24-2006 at 06:28 PM

This has been done before, it was a plugin for Messenger Plus! 3 called Who Sent It, and me and Dempsey (the Who Sent It creator) have been working on detecting file transfers using scripts recently to try and make this as a Messenger Plus! Live script.

It is definitely possible and hopefully (we do kinda get lazy frequently 8-)) we should be able to finish this script soon.

And as for moving the files based on name, this is unreliable because if the person changed their name then a new folder would be created for the same person which makes it disorganised once again. So instead it will organise files by the user's email address.

RE: Read this, i think its a brilliant idea by Ickbal on 11-24-2006 at 06:31 PM

I ment it to be email address, but frankly, i couldnt be bothered making up 2 emails.. ^_^ and thanks for the reply dude, i hope you finish it soon.

RE: Read this, i think its a brilliant idea by ins4ne on 11-24-2006 at 06:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Eljay
So instead it will organise files by the user's email address
damn. i just read your post half and wanted to suggest that :@ your too fast for me :( anyway. GET YOUR LAZY ASS UP and make that script!! i got a fucking chaos in my received folder :'(

...please ;)
RE: Read this, i think its a brilliant idea by Eljay on 11-24-2006 at 06:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ins4ne
i got a fucking chaos in my received folder

you think yours is mad? ive been annoying people on my contact list to send me random files for testing for the last week or so :P

and im working on it now as it happens :P
RE: Read this, i think its a brilliant idea by AmbulanceX on 11-25-2006 at 03:53 AM

what i think would be awesome, similar to your suggestion, but simpler and less folders... just a script so when u accepted a download u could chose the destination for the download.. same as when u download of the internet...

RE: Read this, i think its a brilliant idea by Supersonicdarky on 11-25-2006 at 04:08 AM

or you could always use sharing folders, already sorted by contact...

RE: Read this, i think its a brilliant idea by qgroessl on 11-25-2006 at 05:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky

WLM's sharing folders feature sux :p haha... I used it for about a week... and it just kinda didn't fit what I wanted.
RE: Read this, i think its a brilliant idea by vikke on 11-25-2006 at 08:30 AM

How about putting all music files in a Music-folder, and all Pictures in a Picture-folder etc?

RE: Read this, i think its a brilliant idea by Ickbal on 11-25-2006 at 11:59 AM

Sharing folders DO suck, and it would still be good if all music went to a music folder and so on, but contacts, that'd just rockk <3

RE: Read this, i think its a brilliant idea by Dempsey on 11-25-2006 at 12:04 PM

If/once we get the file transfer detecting working, we would add lots of options to move the files based on email/filetype/name/size etc, so it would be very customisable, just having a few problems with it atm.

RE: Read this, i think its a brilliant idea by vikke on 11-25-2006 at 03:11 PM

If you post your problems, we could hopefully help you :).
Intresting project :D

RE: Read this, i think its a brilliant idea by Dempsey on 11-25-2006 at 03:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vikke
If you post your problems, we could hopefully help you :).
Intresting project :D
We've got most of the problems sorted now, just a case of coding the rest of the script now.
RE: Read this, i think its a brilliant idea by neohunter on 11-26-2006 at 02:16 AM

YOU ALREADY HAVE A WAY TO DETECT FILE TRANSFERS?????

thats the problem on live no?

RE: Read this, i think its a brilliant idea by AmbulanceX on 11-26-2006 at 08:11 AM

sounds like some good features could come from this...

RE: Read this, i think its a brilliant idea by sljaxon on 11-26-2006 at 03:59 PM

this sounds like a good script...

RE: Read this, i think its a brilliant idea by Stigmata on 11-26-2006 at 07:20 PM

Heh... i do this manually atm..

my received files look like:

My Received Files\*Name* (*email*)\

eg

My Received Files\John Doe (traxorisgaywiththepeople@hotmail.com)\

RE: Read this, i think its a brilliant idea by Eljay on 11-26-2006 at 09:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
Heh... i do this manually atm..

my received files look like:

My Received Files\*Name* (*email*)\

eg

My Received Files\John Doe (traxorisgaywiththepeople@hotmail.com)\

yeh, dempsey was working on a way to implement custom folder names for moving stuff into based on email addresses, shouldnt be too hard implementing tags for email and stuff.

just had a random idea that actually sounds good in my head, organising files into folders based on date like chat logs, e.g. My Received Files\November 2006\
* Eljay leaves the idea here in case he forgets :P

RE: Read this, i think its a brilliant idea by Dempsey on 11-27-2006 at 11:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Eljay

yeh, dempsey was working on a way to implement custom folder names for moving stuff into based on email addresses, shouldnt be too hard implementing tags for email and stuff.

just had a random idea that actually sounds good in my head, organising files into folders based on date like chat logs, e.g. My Received Files\November 2006\
* Eljay leaves the idea here in case he forgets :P

Yea I've got custom paths working now, You can use names and dates etc as tags.  Pretty much just gotta sort the GUI stuff out.

RE: Read this, i think its a brilliant idea by neohunter on 11-27-2006 at 05:47 PM

you can give us a estimated date for the script ? =)

RE: Read this, i think its a brilliant idea by Dempsey on 11-27-2006 at 05:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by neohunter
you can give us a estimated date for the script ? =)
No, I don't like estimating dates cos I never stick to them :p  It'll be ready when it's ready :)
RE: Read this, i think its a brilliant idea by neohunter on 11-29-2006 at 08:21 PM

mmm =( well at the least do you have actually a way to detect the file transfer?? cause that is the big problem xD

=P if you dont have i dont trust you =P

RE: Read this, i think its a brilliant idea by Eljay on 11-29-2006 at 08:50 PM

quote:
mmm =( well at the least do you have actually a way to detect the file transfer?? cause that is the big problem xD

=P if you dont have i dont trust you =P

Yes we do, ive made (well... its not quite finished yet :P) a library that can be included in any script to trigger functions for file transfer events such as invites being received and the transfer finishing.

Example event:
OnEvent_IncomingFileTransfer(FileTransfer)

FileTransfer is an object containing the following information:
-File name
-File size (in bytes)
-Email of the file's sender
-The transfer's unique session ID (assigned by messenger)

More details and the library itself will be released at around the same time as Who Sent It ;)
RE: Read this, i think its a brilliant idea by Nathan on 11-29-2006 at 10:16 PM

We should be able to set "names" for each email address, so say there was an email address "freedy@live.com" we could specify to make the "freedy@live.com"'s folder called "freedy"

RE: Read this, i think its a brilliant idea by Eljay on 11-29-2006 at 10:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan
We should be able to set "names" for each email address, so say there was an email address "freedy@live.com" we could specify to make the "freedy@live.com"'s folder called "freedy"

already been implemented, most things have been implemented up to a point its just a matter of finishing everything off, making it work together and tidying it up :P
RE: Read this, i think its a brilliant idea by neohunter on 11-30-2006 at 07:04 AM

i dont care of the name! wow if you have that library everything is easy!! please give me it!! ='( =)

really i just want it simple, i have a looooooooooooooooooots of files in my received files folder. ='( pleaseee  i neeeeeeeeeeeeeed iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg

mmm wait... i have a... i dont know... idea...

messenger live have a option to ckeck received files with a custom antivirus software... messenger send to the software any variables as the contact email?...

mmm i relly need this >.<
RE: Read this, i think its a brilliant idea by CookieRevised on 11-30-2006 at 08:35 AM

quote:
messenger live have a option to ckeck received files with a custom antivirus software... messenger send to the software any variables as the contact email?...
no, only the filename is send as a parameter.
quote:
mmm i relly need this >.<
Patience...

PS: and try not to double post, it is against the rules

RE: Read this, i think its a brilliant idea by neohunter on 05-18-2007 at 03:27 PM

Well... another realease (4.21) (im waiting for this feature since msg+ 3) and we cant sort our received files in folders for each contacts....

Please pathou, we want this!! ='(

RE: Read this, i think its a brilliant idea by Nathan on 05-23-2007 at 09:19 PM

You made any progress?

I'm eager to use this :P

RE: Read this, i think its a brilliant idea by Steel Froggy on 05-24-2007 at 12:02 AM

Posting so I can get notified of Replys. :P

Plus, this WOULD be very useful, and Thanks in advance!

RE: Read this, i think its a brilliant idea by neohunter on 05-24-2007 at 05:33 AM

is there anyway to cominicate this request to pathou?

RE: Read this, i think its a brilliant idea by CookieRevised on 05-24-2007 at 05:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Steel Froggy
Posting so I can get notified of Replys. :P
You don't need to post to get notified, just press the "subscribe" link below the thread.

quote:
is there anyway to cominicate this request to pathou?
By posting on the forums, Patchou can/will read this. Note that he doesn't always have the time to reply though.

RE: Read this, i think its a brilliant idea by Ender on 06-19-2007 at 06:13 PM

another up for this feature, loking everywere for it, and simply don't found anything working :(

please help us to sort thos damn recieved files !!!

RE: Read this, i think its a brilliant idea by Jimbo on 06-19-2007 at 06:23 PM

Any news on this script:P

Lol old thread

RE: Read this, i think its a brilliant idea by wincy on 02-24-2008 at 03:33 PM

Humm.. I Guess this is exactly what i was looking for... Does anyone have news about this? *-)

RE: Read this, i think its a brilliant idea by neohunter on 02-24-2008 at 03:46 PM

well pathou dont answer... i hope he do this soon... =(

RE: Read this, i think its a brilliant idea by Naruto-SR on 02-24-2008 at 04:24 PM

Hello,

I am sure Eljay and Dempsey have worked on this script for all of you, just .. they do have a life outside of the computering world.

Btw, making scripts is harder than some of you may think.

Just, give them a bit of time, maybe they will reply later on with news.

Thanks.

RE: Read this, i think its a brilliant idea by neohunter on 02-24-2008 at 04:31 PM

This request have about 1 year... and belive me, i have spent time on make this script also, but cause patchou dont add a way to access to the filetransfers data is not currently possible to do using just JS and Messenger Plus LIVE.

and.. make scripts isnt harder!

RE: Read this, i think its a brilliant idea by Eljay on 02-24-2008 at 04:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Naruto-SR
they do have a life outside of the computering world.

First I've heard of it :P

Like I said in the other thread, I will continue working on it if someone makes a reliable way of sniffing Messenger's packets.
RE: Read this, i think its a brilliant idea by neohunter on 02-24-2008 at 05:12 PM

why you dont ask to patchou to add support to get the sender of a file transfer from the scripts? may he listen you!

RE: Read this, i think its a brilliant idea by neohunter on 08-25-2008 at 02:38 AM

okey, was happend about 6 months since last post on this topic (and we upgrade from 4.5 to 4.7)... i really just want to know if pathou are also working or interested in this feature... i think is more easy to get the sender of a file transfer that do a complete skin feature...

is there anyone that can give us a reply from pathou?

RE: RE: Read this, i think its a brilliant idea by Dex Luther on 08-25-2008 at 05:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by AmbulanceX
what i think would be awesome, similar to your suggestion, but simpler and less folders... just a script so when u accepted a download u could chose the destination for the download.. same as when u download of the internet...

You can already do that. When someone sends you a file you have Accept, Save As, and Decline as options.

quote:
Originally posted by qgroessl
quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky

WLM's sharing folders feature sux :p haha... I used it for about a week... and it just kinda didn't fit what I wanted.

So true. I don't know how many times I put a file in there and it ends up not being able to synchronize. It would be an ok feature if only it were reliable.