Shoutbox

Turning of my hard drive. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Turning of my hard drive. (/showthread.php?tid=68810)

Turning of my hard drive. by lrac522 on 11-25-2006 at 12:02 AM

Do you think it's better to set my hard drive to turn off after inactivity rather than leaving it running? Please let me know. Cheers (Y)

RE: Turning of my hard drive. by MicroWay on 11-25-2006 at 12:07 AM

In this case, turning it off can consume less energy and don't let hard drive always running...
But, I don't dont why (maybe I've not all the capacity needed :P), for me, I never could come back and needed to turn off manualy the computer...
I suggest you, if you want to try it out... If you din't like, turn it off back (Y)

RE: Turning of my hard drive. by user27089 on 11-25-2006 at 12:15 AM

If you're talking about leaving your computer on, then I'd say it'd be better for you to turn it off when you don't need it, however don't constantly turn it off and on again, that's not too good for it.

Conserve energy though, that's good.

RE: RE: Turning of my hard drive. by lrac522 on 11-25-2006 at 12:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
If you're talking about leaving your computer on, then I'd say it'd be better for you to turn it off when you don't need it, however don't constantly turn it off and on again, that's not too good for it.

Have a look at this, would you suggest that these settings are ok? Cheers. [Image: poweruo8.th.gif]
RE: Turning of my hard drive. by Kenji on 11-25-2006 at 12:26 AM

As i leave my computer on 24/7, i have mine set to turn off after 30mins inactivity, saves power and life of the hard drives :P

There is nothing wrong with Turning the power off, as long as you dont do it too much, like traxor said.

RE: RE: Turning of my hard drive. by segosa on 11-25-2006 at 12:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_law_of_thermodynamics