Shoutbox

Personalized status dissapears and nick is changed - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Personalized status dissapears and nick is changed (/showthread.php?tid=68833)

Personalized status dissapears and nick is changed by trini on 11-25-2006 at 02:15 PM

Preferenses>Customize>Personalized status

When I set personalized status, it's appearing for couple of seconds ,then the tag just dissapears. Some random letters have been added to my name, and my status is changed to 'away'.

WLM v. 8.1.01.06 ,no patches or other plugins installed at moment.
Plus! v. 4.10.0.250

[Image: status1fe2.th.png]

[Image: status3bf0.th.png]

Does anyone have an idea what could cause this? :(

Edit:

Ok, now I installed Plus! 4.11.0.254 and WLM 8.1.0168.00 and still I have the same problem :S

RE: Personalized status dissapears and nick is changed by loki19 on 01-02-2007 at 05:25 PM

Damn...i have just the same problem as you, and i am looking the whole day on forums everywhere around, but I cant find the solution :(
If i find it, I'll post, and you too if you find it.

Everyone help please, I am going crazy :S

RE: Personalized status dissapears and nick is changed by ryxdp on 01-02-2007 at 10:40 PM

Are you on broadband or dialup etc.? sometimes WLM takes a long time to "ping" the server. It may also be your PC's speed. Go to Control Panel -> System (in Classic View)

Beside the picture of a monitor/screen with the Windows logo in it, there is text telling you what version of windows you are using, how much RAM, etc. Try copying it here (word for word, please :P) and we might be able to see what's wrong, and what is fine.;)

EDIT: Assuming you are using Windows XP, of course:)

RE: Personalized status dissapears and nick is changed by loki19 on 01-02-2007 at 11:23 PM

I have DSL connection 1024/1024 its fast enough I think :)
My computer too.
screen

RE: Personalized status dissapears and nick is changed by trini on 01-03-2007 at 03:00 AM

Connection 2MB DSL, and I have 1,8GHz Intel Dual Core, 4GB RAM.
Same problem on my both laptop. Does not work under XP ,not under Vista.

RE: Personalized status dissapears and nick is changed by foaly on 01-03-2007 at 03:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by trini
Plus! v. 4.10.0.250
I don't know if it will fix your problem but you might want to upgrade to the latest plus version...which is 4.11.254 you can download it from here

RE: RE: Personalized status dissapears and nick is changed by trini on 01-03-2007 at 05:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by foaly
quote:
Originally posted by trini
Plus! v. 4.10.0.250
I don't know if it will fix your problem but you might want to upgrade to the latest plus version...which is 4.11.254 you can download it from here

I already did upgrade ;) It didn't help, though :(
RE: Personalized status dissapears and nick is changed by loki19 on 01-04-2007 at 05:02 AM

Yes...me too. I upgraded that shit and it didn't help :( I don't know why God punished me :D But this isn't good

RE: Personalized status dissapears and nick is changed by trini on 01-07-2007 at 02:35 PM

I did a fresh windows install to another partition, to try this option without any programs installed, and it is not working :| I only installed all my drivers, WLM and Plus!
So seems it's hopeless situation here. I thought some program might cause that kind of wierdness, but now I have no programs installed :^)

EDIT: version 4.20 fixed it :) yay!

EDIT2: only under XP :( With Vista still same problem.

RE: Personalized status dissapears and nick is changed by ahmetgns on 04-13-2007 at 07:33 PM

Try adding the tag to your name like trini{this is the tag} from Options of WLM. If possible try changing your display name like that on a computer which Messenger Plus! Live is not installed. We must understand whether the problem is caused by MP!L add-on or WLM itself.

RE: Personalized status dissapears and nick is changed by trini on 04-13-2007 at 07:54 PM

It works just fine without Plus! installed.

RE: Personalized status dissapears and nick is changed by Kaya fufu on 04-21-2007 at 12:43 AM

i had this problem too right after i signed up for a Windows Live Space.  i went to tools>options>general  and under sign in i unchecked the use the same display picture and personal message wherever i sign in option.  it seemed to fix the problem for me.  hope this helps ^^

RE: RE: Personalized status dissapears and nick is changed by trini on 04-25-2007 at 06:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kaya fufu
i had this problem too right after i signed up for a Windows Live Space.  i went to tools>options>general  and under sign in i unchecked the use the same display picture and personal message wherever i sign in option.  it seemed to fix the problem for me.  hope this helps ^^

You right, when I unticked 'use the same display picture and personal message' ,the problem dissapear. I don't have Windows Live Space, so this can't be releated.
Well, I hope, this will be fixed, as it's just temporary solution, I want to use that option to retrieve my DP and PSM on other computers :^)
RE: Personalized status dissapears and nick is changed by MicroWay on 06-21-2007 at 08:25 PM

Maybe you're using some scripts that changes the Nick/Status???

RE: Personalized status dissapears and nick is changed by ahmetgns on 06-21-2007 at 08:53 PM

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=74...d=827578#pid827578

This post reports similar bug but it is not mentioning Personalized Status. I said him to disable that roaming PSM and DP option, and he could have solved it. So I don't think this bug is really related to Messenger Plus!, trini ;)

Well, forget about this part Also one thing I find very interesting. If you look at the screenshot on that post you will see that user's display name is:

Deneme yazisi

It looks like your display name trini:

Trini

Note those i's at the end of display names. Interesting really, I can't say any more thing. Maybe it is just a chance event.

RE: RE: Personalized status dissapears and nick is changed by trini on 06-22-2007 at 07:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MicroWay
Maybe you're using some scripts that changes the Nick/Status???

No I don't use any scripts other then 'New message alert' at moment. If I disable roaming PSM and DP ,then it displays custom status normally, but I use messenger also on other laptops, so this is not really a solution for me :(
At least I would like to know, should I expect it to be fixed or is this a limitation and therefore can't be fixed.